Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Texture problem Xbox one S dots everywhere.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texture problem Xbox one S dots everywhere.

Just got Quantum Break for my Xbox one S. Installed it with the latest update. Cutscenes are working fine but when I’m playing the game, almost all textures have squares in it or there are no textures at all. Check below for the screenshot.

Does anyone know what to do?

- I already reinstalled the game.
    - I also did try every other video setting.
    - All other games are working fine.

Another screenshot, same issue.

Comment

This is not what the game is supposed to look like and I’m seriously worried there’s an issue with your console. Are you running the game using an external drive?

Comment

Yes I tried both, internal and external HDD. I contacted Xbox support, they said it was a problem with the update for the game in combination with the Xbox One S and that I should wait until a new game update or firmware upgrade. All of my other games are working just fine, no graphical disturbances at all. Another xbox support gamer said that it could be the wrong textures data in the update file, maybe the data is for the One X not One S. But I don't think I can influence anything when installing the update. I also did a reset of my xbox with the option deleting all data and games, but that didn't work also.

Comment

Do you have a setting tripped on the console something along the lines of “prepare for x” where it’ll download the X textures to a model 1 or S model console assuming the user will direct transfer or backup recovery their data to the X model?

Comment

Hi Maniac,

I haven’t enqbled the option ‘Download 4K game content’ like you can see on the screenshot. So I don’t know what else it could be.

Comment

Thank you for posting that. Can you also show a screenshot of your video settings?

Comment

These are my settings. They work fine with all other games.

Comment

Here my gameplay recording:

https://youtu.be/BjTxDwXJ2Oo

Comment

Everything seems to be in order in those video settings. If hdr was an issue it would be greater out. Have you tried disabling YCC 4.2.2 and see if it runs any different? Sometimes that can cause random errors with certain HDMI cables

Comment

I tried other cables and 4:2:2, no positive result. I've updated xbox to the latest firmware, still got the visual errors. No one is helping, not Microsoft and also not Remedygames.

Comment

By no one I mean developers and microsoft. Not you Maniac, thanks a lot for trying to help me!

Comment

What model is your TV? Some LG and Samsung require you to be on certain input modes and on the HDMI input with ARC. Some require you to change the input name that will also adjust the display. For instance, if you are on a PC you must select the input label as PC DVI or the timing will be off and font will be blurry. Also,YCC 4:2:2 downgrades quality and compresses color.

I would try the following. Uncheck 50hz & 24hz modes, as well as 4:2:2 and HDR 10. Also, if you do not have proper HDMI cable you wont have proper HDR. So i would uncheck those and see if there is any changes. You should also try using a standard color space, not PC RGB. With all that you are pretty much sending a default signal to the TV and should be normal.

Have you tried upgrading your TV firmware?
                          ASUS MAXIMUS XI CODE, Intel i9-9900K 4.7GHz
                          32GB G.SKILL DDR4 32000MHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti SLI
                          WD BLACK 1TB NVMe, Win 10 64-bit Pro

Comment

Originally posted by arugula View Post
                            What model is your TV? Some LG and Samsung require you to be on certain input modes and on the HDMI input with ARC. Some require you to change the input name that will also adjust the display. For instance, if you are on a PC you must select the input label as PC DVI or the timing will be off and font will be blurry. Also,YCC 4:2:2 downgrades quality and compresses color.

I would try the following. Uncheck 50hz & 24hz modes, as well as 4:2:2 and HDR 10. Also, if you do not have proper HDMI cable you wont have proper HDR. So i would uncheck those and see if there is any changes. You should also try using a standard color space, not PC RGB. With all that you are pretty much sending a default signal to the TV and should be normal.

Have you tried upgrading your TV firmware?
                            Hi,

The firmware of my samsung 2017 series 7000 is up to date, I have tried the settings as you suggested but the textures are still looking weird. I don’t think it has something to do with my tv because I took screenshots on the xbox and the textures look disturbed on it too. All other games work perfectly fine It’s only this one.

thanks for the help anyway, I hope There comes a time where I will be able to play this game.

developer says, I need to contact Microsoft for assistance an microsoft says I should contact Remedygames...

something like ‘cupboard to the wall.’ ?

Comment

Working...
                            X