This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remedy Entertainment’s 10th Anniversary Competition

On 11th of August 2005 it has been ten years since PC and console game developer Remedy Entertainment was founded in Espoo, Finland. So far, Remedy’s portfolio includes 3 games:

Death Rally, published in 1996 for PC
    Max Payne, published in 2001 for PC, Microsoft’s Xbox and Sony’s Playstation 2
    Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne, published in 2003 for PC, Microsoft’s Xbox and Sony’s Playstation 2

Currently Remedy is working on a psychological action thriller title, Alan Wake.

We’d like to invite you to take part in our 10th anniversary celebration by taking part in a competition at www.alanwake.net

[SIZE=3]How to enter the competition:[/SIZE]
    Register at www.alanwake.net and write a post to the competition thread (this thread you are currently reading). Your post can be a congratulatory message to Remedy, fan art, a poem, a story about a Remedy game you have played, almost anything really, as long as it confirms to the general rules of the forum. Every user who posts a message into the thread participates in a lottery for nice prizes.

[SIZE=3]Rules:[/SIZE]
    Every poster in the competition participates in the lottery, including AlanWAKE.Net staff (excluding me of course). Only one entry per poster. If you post several times into the thread, for example, to comment someone else’s post, you still get only one entry.

Competition starts when the competition thread is posted (on 11th August) and ends on the 31st August.

Prizes will be automatically and randomly chosen in the following manner: starting from 20th August each day at 3pm GMT we will choose one winner to win a certain prize. Every poster participates in every day’s sweepstakes. The list of prizes can be found at the bottom of this post.

The winner for each day's prizes will be posted on the front page of alanwake.net

[SIZE=3]Special Prize:[/SIZE]
    A Special Prize will be given to the best post in the competition thread. The decision on the best post will be done subjectively by Remedy. The best post can be anything: a funny story, a touching story, a fan art picture, a weird co-incidence relating to a Remedy game or whatever we find to be “of quality” in all its’ subjectiveness.

[SIZE=3]List of Prizes:[/SIZE]
    August 20th - (Winner: wefmaster) - Max Payne 2 limited edition shirt (3/4 sleeve) + hat + Max Payne mouse pad.
    August 21st - (Winner: griffonwing) - Max Payne 2 limited edition shirt (3/4 sleeve) + Remedy jacket + Max Payne mouse pad.
    August 22nd - (Winner: Buzku) - Max Payne 1 t-shirt + Max Payne's necklace used in the photoshoots of Max Payne.
    August 23rd - (Winner: KerLeone) - A graphic novel picture from Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne, framed and signed + Max Payne mouse pad.
    August 24th - (Winner: MentalSentinel) - Captain BaseBallBat-Boy concept art for Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne. 1 framed picture + Max Payne mouse pad.
    August 25th - (Winner: peePZ) - Construction site design art for Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne. 2 framed and signed pictures.
    August 26th - (Winner: reaper) - A copy of Max Payne (PC) signed by the development team of Max Payne.
    August 27th - (Winner: sensorih) - A copy of Max Payne 2:The Fall of Max Payne (PC) signed by the development team of Max Payne 2.
    August 28th - (Winner: .:nemesis:.) - A copy of Max Payne 2:The Fall of Max Payne (PC) signed by the development team of Max Payne 2.
    August 29th - (Winner: LightFrost) - A copy of Max Payne (PC) + The first page of the screenplay of Max Payne, framed and autographed by Sam Lake.
    August 30th - (Winner: Yki) - A copy of Max Payne 2 (PC) + The first page of the screenplay of Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne, framed and autographed by Sam Lake.
    August 31st - (Winner: Blackgeni) - Ultimate Remedy collection: a copy of every Remedy game for every platform ever made (Death Rally for PC, Max Payne for PC, XBOX, Mac, PS2, Max Payne 2 for PC, XBOX, PS2) NTSC or PAL versions for consoles, 8 versions of games in total).
    Special Prize - (Winner: mikshan) - A collection of signed photos from Remedy's trip to the state of Washington in search of reference material for Alan Wake.

Good luck to all who enter!

Re: Remedy Entertainment’s 10th Anniversary Competition

Happy birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday dear Remedy!
    And this pie is for you!

I made it fast but its sweet!
    Proud owner of PayneReactor, the best website for Max Payne news and more!

Comment

10 years... does not feel that long. Must be because I've worked here only for 9 years...

Comment

Congratulations Remedy!

lol ok, so here's my lame effort;

Remedy, Remedy
        The games you create
        Max Payne
        and Alan Wake
        They're all so good
        up for the take
        It's been 10 years
        hey.. that's great!

Comment

^^ only

Even though I can't enter the competition myself (not that I mind ) I'd like to thank Remedy for all they've done over these years. I absolutely loved Death Rally.

Happy birthday guys, I wouldn't be running this site if I didn't love your games (and you guys of course) so much

Comment

Byaaaah, at a time like this i don't have a thing to say to win me prizes I lub you, prizes now yes?

Comment

Oh remedy your so fine, you so fine you blow my mind. Hey remedy!

I win.
              Last edited by TheN00binator; 08-11-2005, 01:06 PM.
              Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Comment

Congratulations Remedy!
                And thank you for making great games!

Comment

Well there’s not much you can legally do at ten years of age...
                  You can't buy alcohol
                  You can't have sex
                  You can't join the army
                  You can't drive a car
                  You can't go on school trips without getting permission from your parents
                  You can't get married
                  You can't buy knives
                  You can't serve on jury

But...Remedy, you can make wicked games!
                  Good Luck for the future...

Comment

Happy birthday Remedy! You guys make Finland very proud!
                    House music! :)

Comment

Me and Max Payne sitting in a room, P-L-A-Y-I-N-G!
                      First comes gunfire, then comes bullet-time,
                      then comes my wife saying "turn that crap down!"

(She thinks the noise is from the game but it's really me jumping all over my room with uncontrollable glee, up to and surpassing that of our wedding day. Thanks Remedy, thanks a lot...)
                      Last edited by QwNtacular; 08-11-2005, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Congratulations Remedy!
                        Please sign in to TreasureTrooper.com, it's quite easy to make money there, and it doesnt cost anything.

Comment

Oh the amount of random nonsense, just for the prizes.

Oh wait, I'm just doing that, too. Arrr. Congrats, anyways.

Comment

Gongratulations, Remedy!

Comment

This is maby on of the coolest fan art ive ever made, i kinda like it
                              Its the box art for the game Max Bravura.

Max Bravura is a man with everything to lose, his job, his wife and his kid. He didnt had good numers at college so he caught into criminality. He got in tutch many times with the police till they suddenly gave him a offer he coudnt refuse. Work as deputy chief or the chair. His dessision was easily made, but then Max Payne showed up and Bravura's career at the NYPD falls apart. Bravura wants to take revange, to save his wife and kid, for the insane Max Payne.

This is fun, im boored anyway so i might create more

Proud owner of PayneReactor, the best website for Max Payne news and more!

Comment

Working...
                              X