This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Remedy Entertainment’s 10th Anniversary Competition

Oh man happy birthday! Ten years is a pretty long time for a game company to not be absorbed into a corporate monster these days.

Comment

Happy birthday, Remedy! Thanks for all of your inspiring work, thanks for those two film noir games that lay among my very favorites, thanks for the great stories. Hopefuly sometime in the future you'll see the actual magnitude of the influence you've had on me, but till then, here's a piece (terribly small by the way, and I mean in intended quality, not size) of what I'll be showing you if luck's on my side. Here's your FIRST present, and it's here first because the actual treat is unfortunately still on the making (even though it been two weeks now since I dreamed about it). So, stopping with the talk, click on the link below and enjoy...

http://rapidshare.de/files/4576288/R...esent.avi.html

NOTE: this was shot in 3 minutes and edited in 4 hours (yup, kick me in the ground if you like) so please forgive it some things, will ya? ^_^

KEEP ON ROCKING, REMEDY!!!!

Comment

Very cool orozco.. very very cool!

Comment

This one make me laugh. Very good job.

Comment

Only one entry per poster. If you post several times into the thread, for example, to comment someone else’s post, you still get only one entry.
            I wasn't able to edit my original post, so I hope this isn't against the rules. I made a Max Payne 2 FanTrailer a while ago and I'd like to submit it for the competition (yes, I'm late ).

Download link

When I made this movie I didn't have that much knowledge about compressing, so it's not the best quality, but it's still watchable.

Comment

Originally posted by Burning Fish
              I wasn't able to edit my original post, so I hope this isn't against the rules.
              You can post as many submissions as you want

Comment

[SIZE=6]Short Film For Remedy[/SIZE]

And finally here it is, "A Film Noir Short Story", my first short film, the actual entry for the contest and one that intends to honor one of the biggest and best game developers that exist, Remedy, and especially its two major masterpieces: Max Payne and Max Payne 2, a true inspiration on every sense. When you see it maybe you won't be spectacularly blown away by expensive special effects (money isn't what we have the most), but hopefully the story and its development will be enough if we went right. I put my heart into this since I heard of an excuse to honor Remedy and Max back on the 11th, and it has been three of the most tiring and demanding weeks I've had, but they made me realize that I wanna go on doing this and have another three weeks, no doubt.
                And I hope that all the work that I (and my friends who helped a lot) did will be noticeable in this short film. This your special present, Remedy. Thanks for the great experiences. Enjoy, it's a treat only for you guys.

NOTE: The filesize and download limit of the sites I found more useful to post files forced me to separate the movie in two fies, and post the first and biggest in rapidshare.de and the second in filecloud.com (if both had been in rapidshare.de you'd have to wait like an hour to download the second file).

PART 1: http://rapidshare.de/files/4730143/A...part1.rar.html

PART 2:
                http://www.filecloud.com/files/file...._file_id=48425

Comment

Great stuff orozco, very well done.

Worth the download.

Comment

Ahoy.

I've read through 99% of the stuff here, and I'm pretty damn impressed. The dedication goes beyond anything I expected. I must commend a few of you individually:

Mikshan, your post (136) was very well written, and almost poetic in a way. It was an honest portrayal of how our games affected your life. It seems like you don't spend much time on the net, so it takes a kind of extra dedication to come over here and post about your experiences in the weird world of gaming.

Mariamus, you obviously worked a lot on your graphic novel. And it shows. You have talent and I bet you have realized that success never comes without work. Many people have grand ideas, but very few of them takes the time to actualize them. I hope you continue to produce awesome stuff like this.

Awaken, that was brilliant. That movie worked so well on so many levels, that you really can't comment on the individual aspects of it, since they are parts of something that is bigger than their sum. An excellent execution of a poem, of an exceptional poet.

Thanks to everyone who joined the celebration. Especially to those who put out something imaginative for us all to see. I seriously hope you all people continue on expressing yourself creatively, since it makes the world a richer place. Thanks.

Comment

Remedy's 10th anniversary competition is now officially over.

We are very humbled by the stories, pictures, videos, poems you guys have posted to the competition. Thanks to everyone who took their time to post something. To quote one of the most often repeated sentences in the thread "YOU guys rock!"

It was not an easy task to pick a winner for the "best" post. I am happy that most of the winners were picked randomly, it would have been torture to be choosing so many prizes personally. Congratulations to all of the previous winners.

Without furher ado, I can represent the last winner of the competition:

The winner of the special prize is post #136 by mikshan.

The winning text is written in an original fashion. It is a pretty and honest story written in a refreshing way.

Other honorary mentions:
                      Post #217 by Mariamus "Guaranteed stunning visual style from Mariamus"
                      Post #361 by Awaken "Very entertaining, nice stuff. Poe is cool"
                      Post #365 by The Great Bundini "Great story with loads of enthusiasm"

Check out the winners' posts in the thread.

Mika

Comment

Congratulations mikshan and the rest of the winners. We've had alot of great entries here, everyone's a winner in my mind

Congrats again!

Comment

Congratulatios, Mikshan. Beautifull letter. And, thanks, Remedy, I am very happy that you liked my movie. Coming from you, guys, it is really something.
                          Last edited by Awaken; 09-06-2005, 04:41 PM.

Comment

weee! Honorable mention!
                            And Congrats to mikshan, you deserve it

Comment

Congratulations to all the winners! And yeah, it's a bit late, but happy birthday

[/FONT]

Comment

Thank you all very much for the kind words. I'm flabbergasted that my post was picked. I thought that some of the posts in this thread were really outstanding and much better than mine.

Thanks again and I am really looking forward to Alan and everything else you guys come up with in the next ten years!!

Comment

Working...
                                X