Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Test Speed of Your PC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Test Speed of Your PC

    If you have some gaming rig you want to check the speed of, you can go to WhoHasTheFastestComputer.com and run a speed test without installing any software.

    It will create a badge like this one:



    You can compare your computer's speed against other people around the globe, including your Facebook friends.

    Would be interesting to see how various models of CPU compare if you want to post your badge here.

    Cheers,
    Ben

  • #2
    Re: Test Speed of Your PC



    Based on my scores I have the fastest computer on the planet right now. It obviously hasn't had enough users yet to tell.
    Very interesting, altough I'm seriously questioning the scientific accuracy of it but hey, it's a lot of fun.
    Last edited by Ruuttu; 12-06-2009, 11:06 AM.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Test Speed of Your PC



      my pc + ben's pc = ruuttu's pc

      Bah i need to upgrade! 8800gt fail.
      Last edited by yogibbear; 12-06-2009, 11:16 AM.
      Sarah Breaker > Barry Wheeler. Yep, I went there!

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Test Speed of Your PC

        Originally posted by yogibbear View Post
        Bah i need to upgrade! 8800gt fail.
        As far as I know the test doesn't take into account the GPU speed, only the raw computing power of the CPU.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Test Speed of Your PC

          okay well then my q9450 can become my new coffee coaster
          Sarah Breaker > Barry Wheeler. Yep, I went there!

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Test Speed of Your PC

            Originally posted by Ruuttu View Post
            As far as I know the test doesn't take into account the GPU speed, only the raw computing power of the CPU.
            You are correct. It only tests the CPU(s). The test is accurate as far as CPU testing is concerned since it runs a compiled kernel to test CPU speed, not interpreted code, but Adobe Flash doesn't support the sort of direct GPU execution *yet* that would be required to do a test of that.

            Cheers,
            Ben

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Test Speed of Your PC

              Sorry ben but i just noticed that these are your only two posts here... so i've got a couple of questions:

              1. why does it need to link into facebook?
              2. are you using any of the information collected for marketing/advertising?
              Sarah Breaker > Barry Wheeler. Yep, I went there!

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Test Speed of Your PC

                Originally posted by yogibbear View Post
                Sorry ben but i just noticed that these are your only two posts here... so i've got a couple of questions:

                1. why does it need to link into facebook?
                2. are you using any of the information collected for marketing/advertising?
                Hello. I'm just a guy who wrote a program and I had read posts here off an on and thought folks might find it interesting. Not meant to be spam. Self aggrandizement, perhaps. :-)

                I have it require a Facebook account because I originally wrote it as a Facebook app. Then I ported it to the web and used Facebook Connect. I thought seeing how one's CPU speed compared to one's friends' would be interesting. I'm working on a version now that doesn't require Facebook.

                I'm not using the info for advertising or marketing. Just using the data to generate the statistics and graphs that show up in the application. You can even hide your computer if you don't want it to show up on the map or leaderboard.

                Cheers,
                Ben

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Test Speed of Your PC

                  Originally posted by ben9997 View Post
                  Hello. I'm just a guy who wrote a program and I had read posts here off an on and thought folks might find it interesting. Not meant to be spam. Self aggrandizement, perhaps. :-)

                  I have it require a Facebook account because I originally wrote it as a Facebook app. Then I ported it to the web and used Facebook Connect. I thought seeing how one's CPU speed compared to one's friends' would be interesting. I'm working on a version now that doesn't require Facebook.

                  I'm not using the info for advertising or marketing. Just using the data to generate the statistics and graphs that show up in the application. You can even hide your computer if you don't want it to show up on the map or leaderboard.

                  Cheers,
                  Ben
                  Cool. Thanks good to know.

                  Great program
                  Sarah Breaker > Barry Wheeler. Yep, I went there!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Test Speed of Your PC

                    I tried that web site with my new laptop and the results are completely bogus.
                    My old laptop had a I7 M620 2.67ghz CPU with 4.4 Windows Experience rating
                    My new laptop has a I7 -2620M 2.7ghz CPU with 4.6 Windows Experience rating
                    my old laptop registers speed of 34 / 8.26Gf (rooster Speed)
                    My new laptop registers speed of 3 / .75Gf (snail speed)

                    I know for a fact that my new laptop will compile a large web application in about 50% faster than my old one.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Test Speed of Your PC

                      [MENTION=29048]c094728[/MENTION] the windows experience rating depends on the overall hardware performance and it chooses least score not higher ones
                      BacklinksVault

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Test Speed of Your PC

                        There are plenty of websites which tell you the speed of your connection..just google them and you will get a bunch of them.
                        Nail Art Designs

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Test Speed of Your PC

                          Poor PC of mine.
                          "Hope is a waking dream" steve barbarich

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X