Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dreams

Hello guys!

Latetly I have been dreaming a lot. And when I mean a lot I mean every night I have like 2 dreams. That has been happening since I went on vacations Weird, huh? Most of my dreams are regular dreams, others are a bit disturbing but never fall on a nightmare.

So, Alan Wake for me has to do a lot with dreams, specially nightmares. Because Alan write his novel in his sleep, and no one knows how dreams are created so that is a cool theory or something ...

So any good dream you guys want to share? or some theories about how dreams are made up? My theory is that dreams are what we want an what we fear most.
    Alan Wake will be missed, Welcome Quantum Break
    Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense

Re: Dreams

Heh. My theory is that dreams reveal secrets about the subconscious trying to resurface after being suppressed.

Or they're just the best way to meet a ninjas and have an epic battle royal.

Hmm... I can share a dream I guess. But here's the thing- I am never, EVER myself in my dreams. I'm always someone else. The Doctor (Doctor Who), Harry Potter, etc. etc.

Well, a week ago, I had a dream that I was Bing Crosby- watching too many Christmas movies I guess! I sang a duet and the real Bing Crosby showed up. It was awkward.

I had an Alan Wake dream once, but I've forgotten it...
    <---Alan's OTHER Biggest Fan. Now with less 'hick'!

Comment

Isn't it like you have a tonne of dreams, always, but you only remember them if you wake up at certain points in your REM cycle and then you only remember the last one. And yeah it's subconscious mixed with prompters depending on how you're feeling, your health, what you did the day before, what you're doing tomorrow and what the hell is going on in your life and you star signs and your favourite no. and all that crazy jazz and then if it's a full moon or not cause then the fluid on your brain and inside each and every cell of your body shifts around...

I scare myself when i read my star signs etc. despite not being into it at all, whenever someone reads mine i get freaked out cause they're always 100% spot on. And it's not just the overly generalised BS ones.
      Sarah Breaker > Barry Wheeler. Yep, I went there!

Comment

It's a pity for you, that you haven't dreaming a nightmare. I have seen my own nightmares and I was about to die sometimes.

The first was in a pitch black cavern with crimson lights filling the corpses, chained with the rocks. As I walked too slowly, since I couldn't see my own nose, I touched rocks and tried not to hit anywhere and be injured and saw with my own dreamy eyes these corpses and I was about to die from the terror. Later I found the flashlight and opened it, so I could see my way there. After that I woke up.

The Second nightmare was in the Silent Hill-like building, where I live. I wanted -- unconsciously -- to take the elevator on the way to my apartment. The elevator lowered instead of rising to my apartment's floor. The elevator did go to the creepy bottomless surface. When I got out of the elevator, I found myself in a cavernous underground passageway. I turned right to the underground passageway and found some doors open, but instead of seeing monsters, I saw some crazy clerks doing some dirty business. I ignored them and found the exit of the underground passageway. Later I found myself at the building's basement, where happened to be a power generator being turned off(Just like Silent Hill). When I approached the stairs in the thought of going to my apartment by staircase, some zombies attacked me. I was afraid and fought them bare-handed(thank god i knew Tae Kwon Do). When I defeated them, from the horror I rushed ALL the staircase and found the exit where I took the elevator before going down. After that I woke up...

The Third one was when I was one-eyed and the blinded eye was covered with flesh and found myself laying in a creepy bed with a light with crimson filter being turned on. The whole room I was in was dark, just like Silent Hill. I was afraid to die there alone, so I moved unconsciously my jaw to wake myself up. It almost gave me a heart attack...

Some crazy nightmares I have... I should write them down to my book. I might give this book of myself to some game companies, in order to create a horror game.

These nightmares, I mentioned earlier, were influenced by the series "Hellraiser" and "Silent Hill". Not to mention that, when I'm afraid of something, I'm ALWAYS about going heart attack !!!
        Last edited by TannosukeGR; 01-08-2010, 06:36 AM.
        The game can take you in a journey of fantasy, cause your mind is the creator of fantasy !

Comment

The earliest dream I remember having is one where me and my parents were in our old house. I was around 2 or 3 at the time. It was pretty short but it involved my parents tearing skin off their arm revealing green scales...then chasing me down the street.

The funniest thing is I know EXACTLY where that came from. V the Series...they must have let me watch it at some point and the idea of lizard people pretending to be human sunk in. lol

BTW, have any of you ever experienced Sleep Paralysis? Where you are in the space between sleep and awake and you feel something is threatening you but you can't move or speak. It's happened to me quite a few times over my life....very unpleasant.
          AIM/GT: BxB402 "Super perfundo on the early eve of your day."

Comment

Originally posted by BxB402 View Post
            BTW, have any of you ever experienced Sleep Paralysis? Where you are in the space between sleep and awake and you feel something is threatening you but you can't move or speak. It's happened to me quite a few times over my life....very unpleasant.
            I have experienced it 2 times. It was like the Third Nightmare I mentioned earlier. I ever saw a parallel dream, that I thought that I was already awake, but instead I was still sleeping. I did my usual trick to wake up(moved my own jaw). Try moving your own Jaw, when you feel you're about to die.
            The game can take you in a journey of fantasy, cause your mind is the creator of fantasy !

Comment

I haven't dreamed in a while. Mostly becuase I haven't slept very well. I get these weird fits now and then. It happens quite randomly as far as I can see. Some connections with recalling something in a dream or a bad dreaming might be visible. My head starts pounding and I get really hot. My heart also starts pumping. I assume that these are some post symptons of those sleeping paralysis' that I had when I was younger. The feeling seems sort of same. In the mids of this heart beating and head "humming" I feel like I'm going to go paralyzed. I can control it by yanking myself up, but it takes a lot of will power. After one attack it's hard to go back to sleep because the seizure almost certainly happens again. Annoying really, I thought I would have lost this problem a long time ago. Not that I get these every day. They have been going pretty much regularly straight after the paralyzes ended wich was sometime in 2000.
              Annoying really..

If I do get dreams I see usually things that happen around people I know and quite often around places I know. But all is... dream like. And things that happen in them usually makes no sense what so ever.

Once I had a lucid dream. It was a great experience and thought that practising to see these kind of dreams would be cool, but the project never really started..

I think dreams are the repairing stage of the brain were the thinking part shuts down almost completely and brains sort of go to a freeroll stage. No thinking as we see it is involved. But brains still THINK while you are a sleep. Subconsciousness registers what you are thinking, but it doen't work the same consciousness works while we are awake so that's why everything goes sort of.. fuzzy. Memories are the particles of our dreams, right? We are just gategorizing things and repairing things while we are asleep
              Last edited by Zhinarkos; 01-08-2010, 07:49 AM.
              We are what we choose to be, not what we want to be

Comment

Originally posted by Zhinarkos View Post
                I haven't dreamed in a while. Mostly becuase I haven't slept very well. I get these weird fits now and then. It happens quite randomly as far as I can see. Some connections with recalling something in a dream or a bad dreaming might be visible. My head starts pounding and I get really hot. My heart also starts pumping. I assume that these are some post symptons of those sleeping paralysis' that I had when I was younger. The feeling seems sort of same. In the mids of this heart beating and head "humming" I feel like I'm going to go paralyzed. I can control it by yanking myself up, but it takes a lot of will power. After one attack it's heard to go back to sleep because the seizure almost certainly happens again. Annoying really, I thought I would have lost this problem a long time ago. Not that I get these every day. They have been going pretty much regularly straight after the paralyzes ended wich was sometime in 2000.
                Annoying really..
                From my point of view, most likely you seem to have encephalic symptoms. At least go to a doctor, so he can examine you for these symptoms...

Once I had a lucid dream. It was a great experience and thought that practising to see these kind of dreams would be cool, but the project never really started..
                This is a good thing you have... When I dream of some fantasy dreams, I feel that I don't wanna wake up ! I like fantasy stuff the most !

Comment

Originally posted by BxB402 View Post
                  Get it all the time. (say once every 2 weeks) Half awake half not. Dead arms, dead legs, can't move. Eventually subsides and i kind of roll myself out of bed and then the circulation comes back to my arms and legs... Not sure if that's quite sleep paralysis but it's often happens when I do remember my dreams.

At the moment though I just had surgery so painkillers are causing me not to have any dreams... or just sleep too well so I don't wake up at some awkward point in the REM cycle and remember my dreams.
                  Sarah Breaker > Barry Wheeler. Yep, I went there!

Comment

It's hard to explain. The symptons are almost exactly the same as in sleep paralysis. But I can manage to get up before it starts. I've heard from people in other forums who've had sleep paralysis that they are experiencing same sort of attacks.

For me the sleep paralysis were horrible. I paralyzed pretty instantly when I got spooked in a dream, recalled something all of a sudden, or had a sort crossconnection through something in a dream. Bang, I was conscious while asleep. And this dark figure kept getting bigger and closer. I just couldn't move. I so wanted to wake up, but I just couldn't. Going to sleep was an endless nightmare. I began to leave lights on in hopes of not getting it.

There really was a pattern when sleep paralysis occured. It was mostly during the most deepest part of the dream and usually near the morning. The classic time would be when I get up to go to toilet and come back. Right then, around 6.00 AM, when I've been asleep about 10 minutes it would hit me.

At some point when I was younger and much more sicker they did some neurological studies just to check everything was ok. Doctors had said that all the seizures and some other weird symptoms might be caused by some early trauma stages of my disease. Not sure myself, I was quite out at the time we found that I had type II MPGN. Plus I'm under constant medication.

I've gone through so many weird health problems that no wonder if I'm constantly going mushroom mushroom.

Comment

At some point when I was younger and much more sicker they did some neurological studies just to check everything was ok. Doctors had said that all the seizures and some other weird symptoms might be caused by some early trauma stages of my disease. Not sure myself, I was quite out at the time we found that I had type II MPGN. Plus I'm under constant medication.
                      Mind if you could tell me more about Type II MPGN ? I have heard from some trusted doctors that it's most likely a neurological problem that occurs often and they can't find the source of all this.

Even I have eye pressures, that made me see it as a glaucoma. I already lost the left eye from eye pressure, but still I have the right eye(Imagine that I'm like Jubei Yagyu). everything that relates to pressures in the body reffers to these neurological problems... I wish the Hi-Tech Medical Tools would do something for these symptoms, so no one would ever be tortured like this. Personally, I wish to change my own eyes to some healthy to get rid of the eye pressures(this won't happen, since the docs decided not to touch no matter what the eyes, since they're so sensitive).

Comment

Doctors are quite baffled how disease occurs. Usually associated with the alternative complement pathway. Umm.. Well, it's quite hard to explain the disease, because not much about how it strikes is known. It is an autoimmune disease that strikes the glomuroli of the kidney. Type two is rarer then one and the third is the rarest. Some studies have been made why vision deteriorates. This term drusen came up when I went to see a eye doctor.

So basically doctors have never given me an explanition for this. It is not clear why the mutation happens, why the immune response changes.

I'm sorry I can't help you more. You might check some university sudies and disease databases, but they probably won't give you any better answer.

I'm at a better stage now, since I've gotten a kidney transplant. The disease did renew itself, wich is a pity, but to be honest that was something expected

Comment

Found something that might be useful for this Glomerular Kidney. Didn't know that existed more than some usual diseases for the eye.

I'm reading it, so to be well informed.

And if you want to know what mostly happened to my left eye read here. And if you check it, you'll recognize something like a vampire, the famous photophobia. I always wear sunglasses since I have been surgered in my eyes when I was a baby. I was born both deaf and blind, but thank god, I can hear and see anything, but the hell, I dislike the life I'm having.
                          Last edited by TannosukeGR; 01-08-2010, 10:13 AM.

Comment

You never posted on a forum called "Hapslash's Void", did you?
                            NEVER FORGET
                            Jonathan "Maddieman" Hallier;
                            5/13/05 - 5/4/10, 5/21/10 -

Comment

Reading some of these stories is quite astonishing. I do hope these sleep symptoms of yours eventually do calm down - sleep paralysis in particular sounds very unpleasant indeed.

Comment

Working...
                              X