What kind of sport do you do ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What kind of sport do you do ?

As the topic's main title says. What kind of sport do you do in real life ?

Besides the games, I'm doing over than 1 year Kendo(Japanese Swordsmanship) and I'm 3rd Kyuu. another 1 year and I'll be 1st Dan. The leveling counters to the opposite.
    The game can take you in a journey of fantasy, cause your mind is the creator of fantasy !

Re: What kind of sport do you do ?

I'm in bodybuilding field.
    Although it's not my favorite sport, but it really keeps my body in a good shape. maybe I should take a picture of myself sometime

I'd like to learn Chinese Kung Fu but it's not possible. We don't have clubs and Masters of this sport over here.
    Origami models on my YouTube: GeneTheWinter

Comment

I'm not practicing any sport right now lol. Maybe walking with my girlfriend on the afternoons is the only fisical activity that can be considered doing excercise
      Last edited by Danzaiver; 01-14-2010, 02:30 PM.
      Alan Wake will be missed, Welcome Quantum Break
      Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense

Comment

I think ADM goes fishing Is it a sport?
        -----

Danza, at least try some joging with her
        Origami models on my YouTube: GeneTheWinter

Comment

Right now I'm only boxing, but I do a lot of running and swimming too.

Comment

Originally posted by GENE_BC View Post
            -----

Yeah fishing is a sport XD tell that to my brother that almost died trying to fish a 30 pound fish.

My gf always wanto to go jogging but I'm too busy playing video games haha

I feel fat
            Alan Wake will be missed, Welcome Quantum Break
            Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense

Comment

Tennis & Squash pretty much for the last 18 years or so since i was 5. I also dabble in ruining mountains by snowboarding down them and leaving behind a big trail of board marks and stack marks.
              Sarah Breaker > Barry Wheeler. Yep, I went there!

Comment

Well, apart from being a drummer and a guitarist (believe me. It IS a sport sometimes) I don't do any kind of sport. And I'm a heavy smoker.

Two things I should probably change soon.
                Open up the broken cup
                Let goodly sin and sunshine in

Comment

Sure. One of my classmates is a drummer and he comments that drumming can really get you in to shape. Ok, maybe it does effect a little what kind of music your playing..

I walk. And in summer I go biking. I'm not much of a sport maniac, but I have to keep a healthy lifestyle now that I've recovered from dialysis and have a new kidney. And I also gained too many pounds for comfort when I was in it, so...

But it really is important. No matter how difficult it sometimes feel. But ones your out there, it's really a refreshing feeling. Just even a little bit. Every day..
                  We are what we choose to be, not what we want to be

Comment

I used to do Taekwondo and got up to 5th Gup, but that was some years ago. Actually, I want to get back into it, but I can't afford the lessons/licence right now. Not sure what the protocol is for returning members -- I remember quite a lot, but not all the forms/patterns, so I don't know if I'd go down a few ranks or not.

TannosukeGR what's Kendo like? I seriously want to give it a shot one day. Wii Sports resort will have to suffice for now, though.
                    Last edited by Maddieman; 01-14-2010, 05:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Maddieman View Post
                      I used to do Taekwondo and got up to 5th Gup, but that was some years ago. Actually, I want to get back into it, but I can't afford the lessons/licence right now. Not sure what the protocol is for returning members -- I remember quite a lot, but not all the forms/patterns, so I don't know if I'd go down a few ranks or not.

TannosukeGR what's Kendo like? I seriously want to give it a shot one day. Wii Sports resort will have to suffice for now, though.
                      I too used to do Tae Kwon Do. I was then 8 years old. Now since I settled somewhere with my family, I stopped it. If I stayed any longer I'd go for championships. My old Tae Kwon Do teacher was the one who brought Tae Kwon Do in Greece.

Kendo is like the way how samurai fight. Here's a youtube video that will help you see how we do things.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ay6YuHGGems

The game can take you in a journey of fantasy, cause your mind is the creator of fantasy !

Comment

Professional Couch Surfing

Yeah...I don't really do anything besides games/tv/movies, internet and go out to the bar occasionally. I may not be uber active but I'm content.
                        AIM/GT: BxB402 "Super perfundo on the early eve of your day."

Comment

Originally posted by BxB402 View Post
                          Professional Couch Surfing
                          i wish to do surfing too... When I visit America, I'll have it in my mind to do so !
                          Here in Greece there're no high waves...

Comment

Originally posted by GENE_BC View Post
                            -----

If you can do it with a beer in your hand it's not a sport.

As for me, I don't participate in any sports. Just walking and skateboarding, for me.
                            NEVER FORGET
                            Jonathan "Maddieman" Hallier;
                            5/13/05 - 5/4/10, 5/21/10 -

Comment

Originally posted by TannosukeGR View Post
                              I too used to do Tae Kwon Do. I was then 8 years old. Now since I settled somewhere with my family, I stopped it. If I stayed any longer I'd go for championships. My old Tae Kwon Do teacher was the one who brought Tae Kwon Do in Greece.
                              Yeah, one of the best things I did, I regret leaving. Would recommend it to anyone.

Kendo is like the way how samurai fight. Here's a youtube video that will help you see how we do things.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ay6YuHGGems

Hitting people with big sticks and pretending they're swords, that's got to be every boy's childhood dream come true.

Although I couldn't really see anything, it was too fast. Fortunately, I found a slow motion version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4SHWXQBVL4

Problem is, I don't think there are many classes in my local area. I'd have to look around.

If you can do it with a beer in your hand it's not a sport.
                              So true.

Comment

Working...
                              X