Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What kind of sport do you do ?

Originally posted by Maddieman View Post
    Hitting people with big sticks and pretending they're swords, that's got to be every boy's childhood dream come true.

Although I couldn't really see anything, it was too fast. Fortunately, I found a slow motion version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4SHWXQBVL4

Problem is, I don't think there are many classes in my local area. I'd have to look around.
    To hit anybody this fast is hard training's fruits. You need to be VERY cooland calm(just imagine you have been in your friend's house laying your ass on the sofa and smoking some marijuana and you're very cool and calm) in order to see your opponent's moves and attacks, so then you can avoid or counterattack them or even hit them FIRST.

To hit someone with one shinai(bamboo sword - itto fighting) is quite easy, BUT to hit someone with dual swords(nitto fighting) is quite hard and only high level(3rd Dan to above) can handle these.

I have been doing Kendo for over 1 year and learned some things that could awake your instincts and improve your stamina and your speed.

The fast Kiri Kaeshi is way too difficult and now I'm learning it ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaXzU...eature=related ). You need to get used to 10 head hit combos and also to know off by heart the way the sword swings...

The most dangerous move of all in Kendo's term is the Tsuki(In Japanese Kanji writing means both "Moon" and "Month"), which is the hit on the neck. It's also very difficult and needs to be accurate so in order not to kill your opponent(this happened once in Japan). ---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSSd1Eimyhs . Here's a video for you to laugh --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMbTHgnXudI . Thank god it didn't happen to me..
    Last edited by TannosukeGR; 01-15-2010, 01:21 PM.
    The game can take you in a journey of fantasy, cause your mind is the creator of fantasy !

Comment

I've had a tickling interest to take up Systema at some point (the martial art they teach the Spetsnaz and other special forces), however the nearest training place is ages away from where I live.
      Remedy's currently known projects:
      Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

Morry, is this for real ??? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6V9VV6IW4k8
        The game can take you in a journey of fantasy, cause your mind is the creator of fantasy !

Comment

^Personally, I have my doubts. I've seen too many esoteric demonstrations being debunked that I can't really accept this on the face of it. Impressive though.

The most dangerous move of all in Kendo's term is the Tsuki(In Japanese Kanji writing means both "Moon" and "Month"), which is the hit on the neck. It's also very difficult and needs to be accurate so in order not to kill your opponent(this happened once in Japan). ---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSSd1Eimyhs .
          Reminds me, I accidentally kicked someone in the neck once. He rushed me, and I tried to counter it with a back kick. There wasn't any power behind it -- I hadn't quite extended it, but he ran into it nonetheless. Fortunately no serious harm was done, but it was too damn close for comfort -- he couldn't talk for a week.

Comment

Marathon. I came 9th in a 8k race of 350 particpants a couple of years back.
            "Do you know what your sin is?"
            "Oh hell, I'm a fan of all seven."

Comment

It doesn't take a master to tell you that Tsuki move is dangerous. You can hit someone right in the larynx/trachea with anything and possibly kill them if it's hard enough...especially with the tip of a kendo stick like that. lol
              Last edited by BxB402; 01-16-2010, 05:34 PM.
              AIM/GT: BxB402 "Super perfundo on the early eve of your day."

Comment

What kind of sport do you do ?

Well i like to watch baseball,And i like to play tennis,i'm not good tennis player but just want to be a good.
                buy r4 ds

Comment

For a period of time( about 2 years) I was so immersed in Yoga. I learned some hard moves.
                  That really made me feel good. But after I went to the college I hadn't that much time for practicing. I'm regret now for quitting it.
                  Origami models on my YouTube: GeneTheWinter

Comment

I used to play baseball a few years ago. My team altmost made it to state, but we got our ass kicked on the last game. I was a pitcher since I couldn't hit a ball to save my life. I had a great time and my dream as a kid was to be a profesional baseball player. Sadly I was not good enough. Now I just play with my cousins from time to time on the park and I'm one of the few people who goes to see the Marlins play.

I also used to play Ping Pong. It was hard as hell at first but I got better after some time. I haven't play in a while though.
                    Defeat is not an option, they picked a fight with a warlock. I have Tiger blood and Adonis DNA. Duhh Winning.

Comment

Ive played basketball for 9 years and football for 8. I also played baseball for about 5 years and soccer for about 4. Ive tried swimming for 2 years and diving for 1 year (I sucked). I also have coached/assistant coached a basketball team of 7 and 8 year olds.

Comment

Originally posted by spiderfan96 View Post
                        Ive played basketball for 9 years and football for 8. I also played baseball for about 5 years and soccer for about 4. Ive tried swimming for 2 years and diving for 1 year (I sucked). I also have coached/assistant coached a basketball team of 7 and 8 year olds.
                        Wow, quite a sportsman!
                        I'm back.

Comment

But what a sportsman. You're a monster of sports.

Comment

I only play chess, Trivial pursuit, Blood Bowl and Golf
                            I'm back.

Comment

Absolutley nothing... Oh wait, I usualy go between couch and the fridge. And somehow I'm still in a good shape

Comment

I used to ride horses for about five or six years, but it was too expensive to keep up once I started getting more and more involved in music. Now I just visit the gym and also take yoga/yogalates classes. Feels so nice...
                                <---Alan's OTHER Biggest Fan. Now with less 'hick'!

Comment

Working...
                                X