• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Official Users Art & Design Thread

Thanks, maybe I will if I find some spare time
    Gotta finish one work someone ordered

Comment

Yeah, really nice there Qud. Would be awesome to see you do Alan Wake!
      "So, where shouldn't I go so that I don't turn the power back on, accidentally?"

Comment

When the chat room was created for "Alan Wake at E3" of course I joined to the chat.
        Before the MS confrence was about to start, we talked about games and stuff. Then I told about my upcoming project. Few people wanted to see more of it, well here is some stuff:

Stuff and quick sketches from my upcoming game, The Room.
        Qud, do Alan Wake stuff!
        Last edited by AnttiApina; 07-03-2009, 12:00 AM.
        KATAKOMB - Upcoming horror game by me

Comment

Looking good AnttiApina What is this game about? it seems very interesting!
          And yeah also let me know if you need musics for this project, im quite sure I could help you out there

Comment

Originally posted by Qud View Post
            Looking good AnttiApina What is this game about? it seems very interesting!
            And yeah also let me know if you need musics for this project, im quite sure I could help you out there
            If his music is half as good as his artworks, I'd suggest you take the offer, Apina .

Care to share some of your music, Qud?
            Open up the broken cup
            Let goodly sin and sunshine in

Comment

Oh yeah! I remember you asking this at E3 chat!
              Of course I would love to have your music! Currently I have made just a few songs of my own for the game (mainly Piano).

This is Thriller/Horror/Action title so looping suspensful music would be great for the game.

Oh yeah, can you share some of your work?

Comment

That looks very interesting, AnttiApina. Looking forward to seeing more of it.
                "So, where shouldn't I go so that I don't turn the power back on, accidentally?"

Comment

Originally posted by Kahr View Post
                  That looks very interesting, AnttiApina. Looking forward to seeing more of it.
                  Thanks! Still, the game is on really early stage. One of the pics says 2009, but I am not so sure anymore. The game started as a simple short experiemental game, but as usual for me, it expanded and now it's in its final form.

Soon the summer will end so I will have even less time to work on this project.
                  New info coming: When it's the time.

Also, "The Room" name doesn't come from that particular room.
                  The Room in this game is much more symbolic.

Game, The Room is all about the borders and breaking them. What borders? You'll see.

Also, if Qud would participate in this thread by posting his work. That would made my day

Comment

Im still not quite sure what this game is about, so I can't say for sure if my style suits your game. "Thriller/Horror/Action" but if this is the case, I guess violins, cellos, pianos, beautiful tunes would do the trick
                    Here are couple songs I've composed:
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wh6f0dICjSc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0eRE...e=channel_page

This is from the snes rpg game, Secret of Evermore (which is one of the greatest rpgs if you ask me) So I have not composed this, just made remake of it. Also it nees some tuning so im not quite happy with it
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oa91k...eature=channel

I also draw pictures that shows in lullaby and melancholia

Comment

That was amazing :O !

I am seriously planning to offer you a place in this project. Lullaby was really well made and so was melancholy.

What I am looking for is really tense music, something similiar to, well Alan Wake E3 demo music (those powerful strings just always give me shivers!)

No need to start making anything yet.

When the project is in a good shape, it's time to start thinking about the music part.

Now it's too early. But I promise you that I will contact you sooner or later.

Lullaby is a really great song for a trailer!

Here are some trailers for my old games: http://www.youtube.com/user/AnttiApinaPro

PS: The Freedom Fighter one was a april fools joke and was a tribute for a one really bad game .
                      Last edited by AnttiApina; 07-06-2009, 04:45 PM.

Comment

You guys really should make that Alan Wake flash game. I was really impressed by Santa's Stories and it shouldn't be too hard, should it?
                        Last edited by Piiska; 07-06-2009, 06:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Piiska View Post
                          You guys really should make that Alan Wake flash game. I was really impressed by Santa's Stories and it shouldn't be too hard, should it?
                          I don't code with flash, but it could be a small and interesting project

Right now I am enjoying my summer vacation and not doing a damn thing

Comment

Im still not quite sure what this game is about, so I can't say for sure if my style suits your game. "Thriller/Horror/Action" but if this is the case, I guess violins, cellos, pianos, beautiful tunes would do the trick
                            Here are couple songs I've composed:
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wh6f0dICjSc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0eRE...e=channel_page

This is from the snes rpg game, Secret of Evermore (which is one of the greatest rpgs if you ask me) So I have not composed this, just made remake of it. Also it nees some tuning so im not quite happy with it
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oa91k...eature=channel

I also draw pictures that shows in lullaby and melancholia
                            You're one talented man.
                            If you're ever out of something to do, I'd be very happy if you'd do some string arrangements for two of my songs. I can never come up with the right sound.
                            Open up the broken cup
                            Let goodly sin and sunshine in

Comment

Thanks One Eyed Jack, I still have about a week left and after that I'm going to be really busy for about half year. So let me know and maybe, if I get inspirated =)
                              AnttiApina take your time with project and let me know when you have something to show us
                              Wish I would know how to code..

Comment

Wish I would know how to code..
                                Actually I am not a codefreak either. I can do all the basic stuff, but with the complicated stuff comes the help from others.

Right now I am implementing a lightining engine to the game.
                                With the skills I have now, I couldn't do stuff like that. Of course there are many other ways which even I could know how to code.

However I am not an actual coder, I am basically a storyteller.

Game Maker is really easy for a guy like me. I have been using the program for two years now.

I guess I have to look through the manual one more time to understand all the stuff and make the game use less memory.

I promise that you will see the first gameplay stuff this fall.

There may even be voice actors.

This is my biggest project yet. I hope it doesn't ruin my studies

Comment

Working...
                                X