The Official Users Art & Design Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Official Users Art & Design Thread

Well I'm not probably going to buy anything new for now, but my friend asked a bit about tablets. I guess I'm a bit jealous when I don't have the newest model . The quick buttons are indeed useful.

At somepoint, far in the future(like after going through university and I have proper job) I was thinking get one of those Wacom CintiQ tablets, even if they are horribly expensive. But I just have to, just HAVE TO have one. They are so cool

I have to say that if you're looking to buy tablet, Wacom is the way to go. I've had a tablet of a different brand and it broke almost immediately. The pen pressure in Wacom is WAY better then that broken ones. And to be honest, there really isn't too many brands to choose from, sad really
    Last edited by Zhinarkos; 11-09-2009, 11:28 AM.
    We are what we choose to be, not what we want to be

Comment

Indeed, Wacom is the way to go

Comment

Awesome work!
        Damn I have been really busy... The Room trailer has not gone far a head because of the school and I was asked to do another game.

I hope that I will finish it before new years eve.
        KATAKOMB - Upcoming horror game by me

Comment

So, AnttiApina- whenever people ask when the trailer will be out, you can just reply, "When it's done"?
          <---Alan's OTHER Biggest Fan. Now with less 'hick'!

Comment

• Re: The Official Users Art &amp; Design Thread

Well guys, I thought I should post this here too:

What? You do not have any clue what this is?
            I think these are enough
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlwLW5TfLwY
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hocOPcn9ndw

Comment

Gamemaker?

Shouldn't you be using something more hardcore - like SDL, AnttiApina?
              Just kidding. Why reinvent the wheel, right?

By the way, from what little I did see of "The Room", I thought it looked very cool. I do hope you get the chance to finish it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamish View Post
                Gamemaker?

Shouldn't you be using something more hardcore - like SDL, AnttiApina?
                Just kidding. Why reinvent the wheel, right?
                I like the simplicity of Game Maker. I am not a master coder, but I can do all the basic and advanced stuff there is to do in Game Maker.

It's really easy to get into, but at the same time it is really hard to master it.
                Graphics are really hard to make fit together. Thank GOD, game maker 8.0 will allow the use of PNG images (this means that I can use alpha masks and finally get rid of those sharp edges (yes, there is "interpolate between pixels" option in GM, but that is not enough.)

Thanks for the post

Comment

Hey Anttiapina you are creating Santa's Story 3? Nice! Hopefully you finish it before christmas

I for instead finished my first work with my Wacom!
                  So here goes nothing:

I hope we share our gamma settings so it won't look like it is too dark.. or bright

Comment

It looks just right. Very cool.
                    NEVER FORGET
                    Jonathan "Maddieman" Hallier;
                    5/13/05 - 5/4/10, 5/21/10 -

Comment

Qud that looks fantastic.

Keep at it Antti. Unless you want to be a games programmer, the platform you use doesn't really matter, so long as you're actually making (and finishing) games. Way back when, I started in QBasic -- not exactly the pros choice either -- but you could do some surprisingly decent stuff with it (mostly tile-based zelda clones). Before that, I was making text based adventures on a 286. And before we could afford a computer, I was making mario platform games with paper cutouts (I was 9 ).

Anyway, the point is, coming up with a games concept and seeing it through to completion is a worthy achievement. And whatever engine you use, strive to push the limits and make the best games possible on it. When you think you've exhausted all the possibilities, move on to a bigger challenge (games modding perhaps?).

If you stick with it, I think you could easily get into the games industry -- you've obviously got a flair for it. The question is whether you actually want to go down that career path, and which specific area you go into (I'd suggest game design or production).

Comment

Thanks guys!
                        That sure keeps me motivated

Comment

That looks fantastic, Qud! Great use of lighting.
                          Remedy's currently known projects:
                          Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

I simply have a question to anyone familiar with photoshop tools, ecspecilly with CS tools. Is there a way to darken a certain area? Like not coloring on top of it with a darker color. Just, changing light I guess. And on a certain area. I know I could use layers for that, but I wonder if there's a quicker way. Changing contrast/light will change the whole picture of course. And I want to be able to darken any shape I want. Like I could draw the outline of an area that I would like to darken. It's pretty hard to explain, but I hope you got my idea...

The manual is pretty thick...
                            We are what we choose to be, not what we want to be

Comment

Use the pen tool to create the area you wish to darken, copy it unto a new layer and darken that layer?

For additional effect you could probably try fading it unto the background picture.
                              "So, where shouldn't I go so that I don't turn the power back on, accidentally?"

Comment

Zhinarkos try Burn and Dodge tools!
                                I don't know if CS includes these tools but at least Photoshop 7,0 does.

Comment

Working...
                                X