The Official Users Art & Design Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Official Users Art & Design Thread

Just wanted to share my very first professional sale. You could say I was inspired... More details here: http://fav.me/d7y9jlk

Avoid fruit and nuts; after all, you are what you eat.
    -Garfield the Cat

Comment

Man, am I the only one who updates this thread?

Anyhoo, if anyone is interested, I'd like to introduce the 1st page of my webcomic, A Stray:

A Stray, Ch.1, Pg 1.

It may not make much sense at the moment, but the look is quite deliberate.
      Last edited by TheArtist; 02-01-2015, 04:30 PM.
      -Garfield the Cat

Comment

I saw it on dA! Looked impressive! Anxiously waiting to see more!
        We are what we choose to be, not what we want to be

Comment

Thanks! Odd, I just tried the link, but it didn't work. I fixed it!
          -Garfield the Cat

Comment

Pumpkin Scissors: "I Can't Believe..."
            I'm a huge fan of what must be one of the most obscure anime/manga series I've run across. Unfortunately even though the manga is still being written, it stopped being translated to English after the 5th book, although it is still being translated into French. I think it changed publishers during Japan's economic downturn from Del Rey to Kodansha, which is probably why there was such a long pause between issues and why they stopped the English translation.

Anyway, this is a sketch in pencil (slightly enhanced by my cell) of the two main characters, Corporal Randal Oland and 2nd Lieutenant Alice Malvin. He's a battle-hardened veteran of a great war that just ended a few years ago, and she's fresh out of the military academy. They are part of a war-relief unit called Intelligence Division State Section 3: Pumpkin Scissors. Odd title, but the meaning behind it is to carve through political corruption as one would carve a pumpkin. (It makes more sense in the story, trust me.)
            Randal is HUGE, over 7 and a half feet tall, but is really a shy, gentle, kindhearted guy who is looking for redemption. Only when his skills are necessary in battle does he turn and become a cold, merciless killer with the help of a certain blue lantern at his side.
            Alice is a bit of a spitfire. Coming from royal nobility with military traditions, she takes her position to help the commoners rebuild very seriously even though it tends to put her at odds with her own family. Unable to tolerate any form of corruption, regardless of the source, she tends to recklessly charge headlong into danger.
            Thanks to certain "helpers" on the Internet, I was able to figure out how the relationship between these two have progressed, at least a little bit. In the anime, it's never really established if he's in love with her or not. There's a deep respect, but it's almost worshipful. I'm convinced he does, but hasn't realized it yet, and this drawing is from the anime after they meet. I believe this is the moment when he falls for her, though he doesn't know it, because neither one of them believe they deserve to love anyone. I've been working on a third installment of fan fiction because I can't stand to not know the ending. Until I do, I have to invent one for myself.
            -Garfield the Cat

Comment

• Hello all My question is that has anyone used Pixate tool for design and development? Can anyone suggest me any other good tool which can be used at its place. Would be really thankful.

Comment

• I've started a month ago concepting the idea about nice effect in the game so here is finished one.

Comment

• I love your artwork, soulcycle! ^_^ The fracturing effect that Remedy had in the game gave the levels a wonderful and unique look. It's something which also looks pretty tricky to recreate for artists though, but you did an incredible job! Nice work!

P.S. Welcome to the forums!
                  The Sudden Stop - Remedy Fansite

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaden View Post
                    I love your artwork, soulcycle! ^_^ The fracturing effect that Remedy had in the game gave the levels a wonderful and unique look. It's something which also looks pretty tricky to recreate for artists though, but you did an incredible job! Nice work!
                    Thank you. I wanted to capture the fracture of time.

Comment

• Tee hee hee! He's so humble. Anything less and it would be an insult. Fetch me my laptop you peasant!
                      I don't wanna be buried in a pet cemetary

Comment

• Originally posted by Kahr View Post
                        Re: The Official Users Design Thread

These are some of my forum signature images. I use these on various forums around the web (that allows signature images of course ).

This is an oldie. One of the first ones I ever got tons of praises for madalin stunt cars 2.

My till now newest creation when it comes to forum signatures. It came to be after I bought Tekken 5 and started another Tekken Love period.

I was really bored and just wanted to have some fun with Link from the Zelda games. These images are actually from UT2K4, where I have a Link model.

This was the predecessor to the previous one. I took a snapshot of Link in UT2K4, and found it funny holding that large ass Sniper Rifle.
                        I ended up scraping that wallpaper I was creating, it didn't turn out like I wanted it to and so I decided not to bother

But here's everything I've created within Photoshop and other apps.

Comment

Working...
                        X