Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Official Users Design Thread

Yaay. Another one:

"So, where shouldn't I go so that I don't turn the power back on, accidentally?"

Comment

Nice work

Comment

Thanks.
        "So, where shouldn't I go so that I don't turn the power back on, accidentally?"

Comment

you guys can really do cool stuff!
          I wish i could too.
          Bright Falls: There must be some kind of way out of here.

Comment

Word... I tried to go pro with photoshop.. But i just suck at it..
            [FONT="Century Gothic"]“Then comes the mighty one
            To the great judgement,
            The powerful from above,
            Who rules o’er all.
            He shall dooms pronounce,
            And strife’s allay,
            Holy peace establish,
            Which shall ever be.”
            [/FONT]

Comment

Practice, my friend. Practice. You can come a far way if you just keep on trying. My work was hardly anything to look at at all when I first started out. I still remember people always giving me all sorts of feedback on how I could do everything better if I tried doing this and that, and now, I seem to get more "nice work" than any constructive feedback. I just take that as a good sign that I have envolved.

Comment

Here's something I made for a client of mine. It's the first time I got back into design as a proper freelancing job, I've had a fairly long break

Basically my job was to create one full color advert aimed at an older generation and one grayscale advert aimed at the younger kids (around 2 years old).

I created everything seen in the images attached, including the logo but of course excluding the actual pictures used

They turned out pretty well
                Attached Files

Comment

Not bad, not bad at all, ADM. That's good piece of work you put up there.

Comment

"Wangara Premises"
                    Yes, you.

Comment

I digged the flyers ADM... Nice work
                      Hélder Pinto
                      Portfolio ~ Blog

Comment

Some new signatures:

Both of these were done for a friend of mine. The first one was just a test with some kind of transparency effect from a picture I removed on the last one.

Two signatures for myself. Meh.

One for my girlfriend.

Comment

Nice work Kahr.. try some wallpapers now, it's probably the best step up from signatures.

Once you've done wallpapers try making something without using filters and using custom brushes instead

Comment

Dude. I'm no good with wallpapers.

I made three a long time ago.

http://www.solaris.as/kahr/wallpapers/wallpaper_01.jpg
                            http://www.solaris.as/kahr/wallpapers/wallpaper_02.jpg
                            http://www.solaris.as/kahr/wallpapers/wallpaper_03.jpg

And then I tried making a Queen of The Damned wallpaper for my girlfriend a while back:

http://www.solaris.as/kahr/wallpaper...the_damned.jpg

It's a little messed up. I'm just no good with wallpapers.

Comment

Keep trying man.. it's alot harder because of the amount of space that there is to work with. It's hard to think of what to use in that space.

Though sometimes simplicity is everything when it comes to things like that

Comment

Yes, I know the simplicity part. But it doesn't look right if you put like one small picture in a large black background, for instance. So yeah, I struggle with the space normally.

Comment

Working...
                                X