X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Official Users Design Thread

Wow, a pimpage place.
    (Rescaled them to reduce loading time)

This one as some of you know I made for "7th serpent: Crossfire". 1294 triangles. Did slight texture corrections recently and re-rendered.

Burnt/Exploded version of same thing. Slightly bumped for beautification.

A Helmet for Doom3 mod "Recall to Hell". Base model by Brian Howard. Base texture by Kenneth. Rest all by me. 1080 triangles.

A futuristic plasma lamp again for "Recall to Hell". 1018 triangles. Unlit 3dsmax render.

Same model in-game in Doom3 engine. Ignore the unrealistic lighting. It's purposely done to show how it's texture is coming in-game.

That's it till now. I'm working on more stuff these days. Will show when it's ready.
    Last edited by satan; 12-18-2006, 12:30 PM.
    LinkedIn Profile

Comment

This one is somewhat of an older work of mine. MP modders will find 2 textures in this quite familiar. The naming and stuff is actually super-imposed on the render in Photoshop. That skeleton is posed in Poser and then imported. I dont have the gutts to make such a good one.

Anybody working on 3dsmax is probably quite familiar with that backdrop. HonKong.jpg or something. The UFO is a 3d model composited on it. Polycount: Dont know. Very very early work actually.

An incomplete surrealistic grandfather's clock I was making. Everything done from scratch.. Polycount: Dont really remember. It's been so long I left it like that.

OK, that's all I could dig somewhat worth posting from my old stock.
      LinkedIn Profile

Comment

Awesome stuff.

Well, latest from me, as you can probably see, is the Christmas hat on Alastor (the guy in my avatar).
        "So, where shouldn't I go so that I don't turn the power back on, accidentally?"

Comment

That's quite good quality actually.
          LinkedIn Profile

Comment

The Christmas hat on my character? Or your 3D stuff? Because the 3D stuff is awesome, yes! And the Christmas hat on Alastor is... well... it's Christmas!
            "So, where shouldn't I go so that I don't turn the power back on, accidentally?"

Comment

Well ofcourse I was talking about that hat.

Edit: The fuffiness is real nice.
              LinkedIn Profile

Comment

Whoo hooo! :cooler:

Comment

Someone needs to teach me how to model awesome stuff like that. And by 'someone' I mean 'satan'

And, please, no jokes about the real falen angel joke that I SO see coming. You all know I ment the member of this forum who obviously sold his soul to the real one for awesome modeling skills like that.
                  <insert cool digital image here>

Comment

whee another client almost done, well the mockup is complete anyway. My aim for this site was to replicate a one page "brochure" and use that as the basis for the site; which he also just wanted on one page.

Easy enough. Funny thing is I looked at the original and this is like a web 2.0 version of it. Haha. Anyway didn't take too long and I got $350 for it so yay.

Now just need to actually make the site (which shouldn't take long) and then I have another 5 more clients to go through. :/
                    Attached Files

Comment

I´ve got one question.

Wich one is easiest to use; (Autodesk) 3ds max or Maya?
                      (If anyone has tried those)

Comment

Easiest is definitely Max.

Comment

Ok, thanks.
                          Now i know wich one to get...

Comment

I'd say it depends. One of my friend is very well-versed in Maya. Now say when he's in my room discussing about proceeding with a particular method(methods are usually software independant), for showing he has to use max I have and after say 2 mins he gets frustarted with the viewport navigation. Same happens if I'm told to show something in Maya. Not that I dont know Maya. But I just dont prefer Maya. It's all preference.
                            LinkedIn Profile

Comment

Originally posted by X360Ghost View Post
                              Ok, thanks.
                              Now i know wich one to get...
                              Method1:-

Dont get already.

Join a graphics class who teach these things. They use a fully functional educational version with which you can practice your ass out. Then you're at a good position to decide yourself whether to get the software or not.

Method2:-

Download and use GMax if you wanna learn 3dsmax. It's all same. Slight difference. But at least you'll be able to know yourself if the software suits you or not.

For Maya, download "MayaPLE" or something.
                              For XSI, download the version which HL2 modders use.

... Modeling isn't costly anymore. You just need to have the passion and skill for it .....
                              LinkedIn Profile

Comment

my stuff can be seen on my page
                                http://www.franknaggies.com/?p=gallery%20v3

Comment

Working...
                                X