Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Official Users Design Thread

Thanks for a great reply Satan!
    Since Im rather new to this "hobby" its sounds reasonable to start off with something that is less advance (and I dont think that Maya is an option then). But I´ll be sure to check out GMax.

I´ll probably go with Method 2 first. Its not that easy to join a graphics class, cause there arent to many around here :/

Comment

@ Ghost:

Not to mention man.

@ ORION:

Those are some cool artwork, especially your drawing skills.
      LinkedIn Profile

Comment

http://www.flickr.com/photos/theleafyisle/

Got a Flickr account up and uploaded a lot of my designs. Quite a bit still missing but this will tie people over until I get my portfolio up and running.

Comment

Lotsa nice stuff there man.
          "So, where shouldn't I go so that I don't turn the power back on, accidentally?"

Comment

You really like that dark grey from the core of your heart .... dont you ADM?
            LinkedIn Profile

Comment

Originally posted by satan View Post
              You really like that dark grey from the core of your heart .... dont you ADM?
              Actually to be honest I'm more favoring light colored designs nowadays but not many people do

Comment

Was mucking around in Photoshop today and decided to make the Earth (well the land isn't correct but still ), the Moon and the Sun. Proportions are off and all but it was only for fun.

Then saved it as a 64-color gif to give it more of an old-school effect

I like heh.

Comment

Haha, yes. That does have a sort of old school effect. I can't say it strikes you as a truly fascinating image, but it is good non the less. Funny I think is better word. Funny image.
                  "So, where shouldn't I go so that I don't turn the power back on, accidentally?"

Comment

A new forum signature from The Kahrman.

Comment

The Kahrman? haha

Nice work.. though the text needs styling.

Comment

Well, after I got my new computer, I don't have a whole lot of fonts these days. I need to find some new fonts.

Comment

You can still give it some styling though. Layer Effects, Text Effects etc etc. Use things like stroke, gradiant fill, outer/inner glow.. and so on. Though don't go too overboard with things like that as it can end up looking too much.

Comment

Originally posted by ADM View Post
                            You can still give it some styling though. Layer Effects, Text Effects etc etc. Use things like stroke, gradiant fill, outer/inner glow.. and so on. Though don't go too overboard with things like that as it can end up looking too much.
                            That's what I almost always use to do when I try styling. I did try to style it a little when I was making it, but it ended up not looking quite right when I did. So I decided that plain actually looked better than styled. If I just had another font however...

Do you know any sites where free fonts are downloadable? I lost the links I had.

Comment

A female friend of mine asked me to conjure up a signature for her, seeing how she was unable to do it herself (I got a cry for help in an e-mail ).
                              Here's the result, considering I had to use Tifa, and I had to use that text. The only thing I was free to do was pretty much what pictures to use, and I also added the Bleeda to it, which is her online nick.

Comment

Conjured up a second signature today. It didn't turn out quite the way I wanted it to, but at least it's something.

Comment

Working...
                                X