Almost 9 years here at the forum

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Almost 9 years here at the forum

Jesus Christ, I registered on this forum on 2008... so next year I will have 10 years at this forum. Iam 28 now so I was just a teen back then.

Just wanted to share LOL

Man I remember this forum used to be full of people posting none stop every day, what happened?
    Alan Wake will be missed, Welcome Quantum Break
    Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense

Nice! Nine years is an impressive milestone!

Originally posted by Danzaiver View Post
    Man I remember this forum used to be full of people posting none stop every day, what happened?
    We're in a weird point where everyone is in between games at the moment which is always going to slow things down, but… yeah I’'ve noticed a shift too. There’'s a vibe that'’s change, which I admittedly kinda miss. I know that no community should be about specific individuals (if that makes sense?) but I think a special part of that vibe was the enthusiasm of the long-time members. And when I joined Morry, Kitt, sidetwo, Zhinarkos, Pickman and so many others made this place feel incredibly welcome, and it’'s something which did make such an impact on me. (Plus I am very biased towards Pickman because after @MikkiRMD’'s betrayal in his X-COM game, Pickman carried parts of my brain over the finishing line, which is the definition of forum friendship. Pickman, you did good.)

I hope that the forum can be as active as it once was. Even if that involves kidnapping the aforementioned users when they read this post because I tagged them and they will all get an email about this. Hehe. Suckers.
    Last edited by Jaden; 01-28-2017, 12:50 PM. Reason: Honestly? Rogue apostrophes.
    The Sudden Stop - Remedy Fansite

Comment

Xbox One happened.

Also, when Quantum Break was released on PC last year, there were a lot of new people complaining too

But welcome back.
      I've put the Imagination in its Place.

Comment

Yeah, time sure has flown by. This forum has a special place in my heart. A safe haven amidst the crazy, nasty interwebs.

I will try and come here more often. We have to figure out something fun for the forum.

The x-com campaign was something very special and in many ways brought me closer to the people here in the forum.

Anywho I hate typing on my phone. I has been come back with my mighty brain, filled with cat pictures and cat...things on top of cats. With...cats....
        I don't wanna be buried in a pet cemetary

Comment

Originally posted by Pickman View Post
          Yeah, time sure has flown by. This forum has a special place in my heart. A safe haven amidst the crazy, nasty interwebs.

I will try and come here more often. We have to figure out something fun for the forum.

The x-com campaign was something very special and in many ways brought me closer to the people here in the forum.

Anywho I hate typing on my phone. I has been come back with my mighty brain, filled with cat pictures and cat...things on top of cats. With...cats....
          I've genuinely missed seeing your name on these forums, Pickman. And I know what you mean about the X-COM campaign, that was pretty sweet, even if I was the Redshirt in that situation. Thanks for carrying my brain-gears across the finishing line.
          The Sudden Stop - Remedy Fansite

Comment

It was the logical choice. After the "accident" Mikki made.
            I don't wanna be buried in a pet cemetary

Comment

Originally posted by Jaden View Post
              Nice! Nine years is an impressive milestone!

We're in a weird point where everyone is in between games at the moment which is always going to slow things down, but… yeah I’'ve noticed a shift too. There’'s a vibe that'’s change, which I admittedly kinda miss. I know that no community should be about specific individuals (if that makes sense?) but I think a special part of that vibe was the enthusiasm of the long-time members. And when I joined Morry, Kitt, sidetwo, Zhinarkos, Pickman and so many others made this place feel incredibly welcome, and it’'s something which did make such an impact on me. (Plus I am very biased towards Pickman because after @MikkiRMD’'s betrayal in his X-COM game, Pickman carried parts of my brain over the finishing line, which is the definition of forum friendship. Pickman, you did good.)

I hope that the forum can be as active as it once was. Even if that involves kidnapping the aforementioned users when they read this post because I tagged them and they will all get an email about this. Hehe. Suckers.
              A bit late to the party, but I thought that I would drop in and say hi
              The forum is a special place, that's for sure. I'm sorry that I'm not around as much these days, but real life takes a lot of time out of my schedule these days. When I joined in 2005, after the Alan Wake announcement, I was going through university and the forums were a nice distraction from studies. These days, I finish work at my office job and hardly have the mental capacity to construct full sentences by the end of the day!
              The whole place gets its culture and vibe from the people who choose to participate and discuss in a pleasant and enjoyable manner. I think we were all swept up into the Alan Wake hype for many years and this helped build the feeling of having a community of like-minded people. The forums also existed at a particular point in time where it was the best place to serve as a "hub" for Remedy. These days, I think that we're competing with Facebook, Reddit, Steam etc, and there is much less of a market for compelling story-driven games. That doesn't stop us from getting excited about Remedy's next projects, though! If Alan Wake 2 was ever announced, I think you might just get a few of us re-appearing
              I have a lot of great memories of this place and really enjoyed all of the interactions with everyone. Lots of hilarious posts, unique personalities, and a special connection with all of the staff at Remedy.
              If any of you ever find yourself travelling to Australia, I would always be happy to catch up for a beer (sidetwo and I catch up for drinks every time that I'm in Melbourne).
              Remedy's currently known projects:
              Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Morry View Post
                A bit late to the party, but I thought that I would drop in and say hi
                The forum is a special place, that's for sure. I'm sorry that I'm not around as much these days, but real life takes a lot of time out of my schedule these days. When I joined in 2005, after the Alan Wake announcement, I was going through university and the forums were a nice distraction from studies. These days, I finish work at my office job and hardly have the mental capacity to construct full sentences by the end of the day!
                The whole place gets its culture and vibe from the people who choose to participate and discuss in a pleasant and enjoyable manner. I think we were all swept up into the Alan Wake hype for many years and this helped build the feeling of having a community of like-minded people. The forums also existed at a particular point in time where it was the best place to serve as a "hub" for Remedy. These days, I think that we're competing with Facebook, Reddit, Steam etc, and there is much less of a market for compelling story-driven games. That doesn't stop us from getting excited about Remedy's next projects, though! If Alan Wake 2 was ever announced, I think you might just get a few of us re-appearing
                I have a lot of great memories of this place and really enjoyed all of the interactions with everyone. Lots of hilarious posts, unique personalities, and a special connection with all of the staff at Remedy.
                If any of you ever find yourself travelling to Australia, I would always be happy to catch up for a beer (sidetwo and I catch up for drinks every time that I'm in Melbourne).
                Dude good to know you are doing good. Yes, if Alan Wake is released I'm sure many of us will come back. 10 years now and counting!
                Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense

Comment

I too miss the old days. Alan Wake was, in my opinion, the perfect game for the community. First was the hype, then all the theories about the story and then the endless waiting for the sequel. QB somehow missed to make as strong connections with the community even though it is a great game.

It would be a dream come true if Alan Wake 2 was announced, to live all that again. Alan Wake and all things around it were a big part for me growing up.
                  My Alan Wake Collection

Comment

Originally posted by Stammy View Post
                    I too miss the old days. Alan Wake was, in my opinion, the perfect game for the community. First was the hype, then all the theories about the story and then the endless waiting for the sequel. QB somehow missed to make as strong connections with the community even though it is a great game.

It would be a dream come true if Alan Wake 2 was announced, to live all that again. Alan Wake and all things around it were a big part for me growing up.
                    I agree. Alan Wake had a certain charm, and the community discussions were something else. It was always a lot of fun, and everyone was dedicated and engaged. It made for a good time. I can only hope the forums see some kind of revival, hopefully with an Alan Wake 2 announcement.

Father Thor...bless this war.

Comment

Almost 10 years next month guys! I sure want the old days to return. I met very good friends in this forum like Cubanito, Shorty, Gene.

I agree that Alan wake was the best game Remedy has made after Max Payne. I hope it returns in the near future. Hopefully in the E3 2018.

Comment

Working...
                      X