X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 10000+ Post topic!

Originally posted by yogibbear View Post
    Name one thing that is brilliant about the game that wasn't already implemented in Modern Warfare 1, wasn't a mod that IW stole from the modding community without giving any credit, or hasn't ruined the gameplay balance of the MP asides from graphics? You can't. NOW, consider all the things they removed, or prevented you from doing with the game in MW2 that you could do with MW1. Wow, that's quite a long list. Hence the following statement is true:

The game is crap. A re-skinned Modern Warfare 1 would be better than MW2.

You cannot deny this. And if you do, you are a fail consumer.
    Dude, your a ****ing moron. Especially if you haven't played the game. You know why it's brilliant? Because it's ****ing fun.
    NEVER FORGET
    Jonathan "Maddieman" Hallier;
    5/13/05 - 5/4/10, 5/21/10 -

Comment

Originally posted by pocketbannana View Post
      Dude, your a ****ing moron. Especially if you haven't played the game. You know why it's brilliant? Because it's ****ing fun.
      All army games are simply a HUGE fail. They should stop with the Call of Duties... If they have no monsters or aliens in it, it's simply a fail ! Gears of War and Dead Space are way better than this crap Call of Duty.
      The game can take you in a journey of fantasy, cause your mind is the creator of fantasy !

Comment

Dude what the ****.
        NEVER FORGET

Comment

Originally posted by ADM View Post
          yogi: How can you say something is crap when you haven't played it at all?

That's entirely illogical.
          Okay you've got a point. But i'm not going to hand over money to a developer that i no longer wish to support after buying COD, COD:UO, COD2 and COD4:MW just to see if my opinion of their product is wrong based from what i managed to glean from reading 20 reviews that all gave the game an average of about 9.5/10.

If there was a demo...

OMG. There was a demo with COD:MW but not with MW2.... Another reason not to like it.
          Sarah Breaker > Barry Wheeler. Yep, I went there!

Comment

Let's have a nice discussion and leave out the name calling, yeah?

Comment

Also despite you not answering my questions, i'll reply to your comment directly. You say it's ****ing fun?

How can a game be fun when:
              -whoever hosts has a direct latency advantage, the host is going to beat you on average despite whatever skill difference there is
              -the perk system encourages camping
              -the small, linear maps encourage camping
              -the unlock attack system thing with jet bombings, helicopter support etc. etc. advantages people that get kill streaks (which you get from camping) and hence encourages more and more people to camp
              -how else do you get kill streaks? Is it via skill with aim with an M16 or the AK? No. It's via grenade launchers, knife streaks, claymores, flashbang spam, rpg spam... the usual culprits. These were less used in MW1 because the MP was balanced... in MW2 they added more perks that advantage builds built around using the knife, grenades, flashbangs etc. etc. with spam weapons amassing kill streaks and then spamming AA gunships.
              -there's no lean... so it's just run around the corner guns blazing... spam spam spam.
              -you can't actually select the map you want to play (LOL!)
              -you can't choose to play on modded servers like you used to be able to... no low gravity... no everything unlocked... no different maps... no custom rules...

I remember in MW1... people that had skill used the M4/AK/M16 or that big sniper rifle... (can't remember the name) and no one used stupid perks that would drop a grenade when you died. Noob tubes had such a crappy reload time that someone running up and headshotting them in MW1 would win. Whereas I bet in MW2 due to the crap latency your shot at their head misses, and their stupid noob tube wins 9/10.

Sounds like fun to me too?

Yeah right....

I'll stick to MW1 thankyou very much.

Comment

I'll answer all your points yogi, just remember that I am using the 360 version so I can't talk about anything that will be different with the PC version.

-whoever hosts has a direct latency advantage, the host is going to beat you on average despite whatever skill difference there is
                I haven't noticed any issues in regards to this, I'm only a low level as I haven't played it as much as I like but I'm usually always in the top 2 people in terms of kills and that is against very high levels. Lag hasn't been an issue.

-the perk system encourages camping
                This may be true but I haven't noticed camping that much, nothing that I don't see in every other MP game.

-the small, linear maps encourage camping
                Maps are definitely not small or linear. They are very similar to MW1 in terms of openness.

-the unlock attack system thing with jet bombings, helicopter support etc. etc. advantages people that get kill streaks (which you get from camping) and hence encourages more and more people to camp
                Again I don't notice this at all.

-how else do you get kill streaks? Is it via skill with aim with an M16 or the AK? No. It's via grenade launchers, knife streaks, claymores, flashbang spam, rpg spam... the usual culprits. These were less used in MW1 because the MP was balanced... in MW2 they added more perks that advantage builds built around using the knife, grenades, flashbangs etc. etc. with spam weapons amassing kill streaks and then spamming AA gunships.
                Doesn't happen as far as I've noticed, gameplay has been exactly like MW1 except more varied.

-there's no lean... so it's just run around the corner guns blazing... spam spam spam.
                I thought people will be camping more?

-you can't actually select the map you want to play (LOL!)
                What? Of course you can. Again it's exactly the same as MW1.

-you can't choose to play on modded servers like you used to be able to... no low gravity... no everything unlocked... no different maps... no custom rules...
                I'll ignore this one as the 360 version functions the same between MW1 and MW2 in terms of online experience.

Comment

Originally posted by GENE_BC View Post
                  Anyone knows the name of this fruit? We don't have it over here but I know it's real.

Carambola / Starfruit
                  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carambola

I've had it before, nothing to go crazy over.
                  Remedy's currently known projects:
                  Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Morry View Post
                    Carambola / Starfruit

Health risks

Carambola is a fairly complex fruit with many benefits like strawberries, but a small percent of the human population should be cautious of the fruit for health reasons. Like the grapefruit, carambola contains oxalic acid which can be harmful to individuals suffering from kidney failure or under kidney dialysis treatment. Consumption by those with kidney failure can produce hiccups, vomiting, nausea, and mental confusion. Fatal outcomes have been documented in some patients.
                    I remember BxB402 having this illness. Hey BxB, did you eat this fruit ?
                    The game can take you in a journey of fantasy, cause your mind is the creator of fantasy !

Comment

Originally posted by Morry View Post
                      Carambola / Starfruit

Thanks man. I was just curious to know but sounds delicious though.
                      Origami models on my YouTube: GeneTheWinter

Comment

Originally posted by TannosukeGR View Post
                        I remember BxB402 having this illness. Hey BxB, did you eat this fruit ?
                        Nope, kidneys are A Ok. My liver prolly hates me today, though.
                        AIM/GT: BxB402 "Super perfundo on the early eve of your day."

Comment

Originally posted by ADM View Post
                          -snip-
                          Well that may be so for the 360 version, but comparing the MW1 PC version against the MW2 PC version everything i said is correct.

Comment

Well that may be so for the 360 version, but comparing the MW1 PC version against the MW2 PC version everything i said is correct.
                            I don't see how what you said about the levels and gameplay would differ between the 360 and PC versions considering they are exactly the same.

Comment

Alright, sorry for blowing up but I just can't stand full on blind ignorance like this. It's how WW2 got started "Eh, Hitler says it's okay, so why not?" You simply have no right to complain about a game that you have not played. All of your points are moot because you have simply not experienced the actual game.

How can a game be fun when:
                              It doesn't matter whatever issues you point out that you've read in reviews, if I say a game is fun for me, it's based on my own experiences and it means that it is fun. For the record I've only played offline 360 and online PC, and none of those issues ever came up during my time with the game. I didn't notice anyone camping, in fact I don't really think camping would work in this game too well. The maps are far from "small and linear", which you'd know if you played the game. They are actually excellently balanced, and range in size from arena-type to pretty big. As big as the levels get, any bigger would be too big.

And obviously, none of the negative aspects you describe can be that bad if the reviews you read still gave the game a a 9.5 out of 10.
                              NEVER FORGET

Comment

Ah well i'll just stop arguing. We can agree to disagree. The game is a perfect example of why gaming sucks of late. Yet you all bought the game. Whatever.

Comment

Working...
                                X