Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What do you do as a living?

Originally posted by MrSelf-Destruct View Post
    im am a painter, but lost my job a month ago.
    i hope someday, ive collected enogh money to move to america or canada.
    You know Australia is better, right?
    Remedy's currently known projects:
    Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

Guys, I'm officially 3 of the jobs I do DJ/Music Producer/Graphic Designer. I'm also an author(Started writing my novels a while back since the influence competition here in these forums) and still a Kendo athlete(1st Dan).

For the time being, I'm now trying to find a job, because those stupid politicians are trying to fire around 30.000 national workers out for 2011. My dad is also included in this 30.000 humanity to be fired out. He used to take a salary of 2000 euros(used to be a tax collector). Now he'll take a pension of 645 euros, which means we'll about to starve to death.
      The game can take you in a journey of fantasy, cause your mind is the creator of fantasy !

Comment

Originally posted by Morry View Post
        You know Australia is better, right?
        not for me buddy, i cant stand the heat nor the light of the sun every day of the year.
        i need the winter.
        "Reality is overrated."

Comment

Originally posted by TannosukeGR View Post
          For the time being, I'm now trying to find a job, because those stupid politicians are trying to fire around 30.000 national workers out for 2011. My dad is also included in this 30.000 humanity to be fired out. He used to take a salary of 2000 euros(used to be a tax collector). Now he'll take a pension of 645 euros, which means we'll about to starve to death.
          It sure is a difficult situation for Greece and countries like the US. Governments have been running at a deficit for so long with no concern over how it will ever return to a surplus and be able to pay off their debts.
          In this economic situation, people aren't spending money either, which reduces the revenue flowing back to the governments through factors such as sales taxes. Then you have factors such as an aging population that behaviourally spends less money, yet require increasing public health care. Add factors like these together and there is no end in sight for a resolution to these problems unless you really start cutting running costs.
          The largest cost for companies and most definitely for governments - employee wages.

As my day job, I help companies reduce their expenditure across the various areas of their business (excluding employees of course!). The bigger the company, the less efficient they become at controlling their costs. As governments are usually the biggest employer in states and countries, they are always seen as being terribly inefficient at controlling their expenses.
          Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

Man I worked in Government before my job at Remedy and I can honestly say that I was paid to do nothing. Most of us were, the amount of work that came in was nowhere near full time. They were required to spend their yearly budget and basically fill seats.

It's not fun when you go into work every day and have to find something to do. I really hated that and wanted to be busier. Though of course at the start there was the nice idea of not having to work and still getting paid, that faded pretty quickly.

Comment

i work designing , manufacturing and supplying various military and police equipment around the world.

from top spec searchlights and portable floodlighting to full on police and army equipment

Comment

Right now I'm working as a Supply Chain Management consultor for an Oracle's Partner in my country.
                Alan Wake will be missed, Welcome Quantum Break
                Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense

Comment

Originally posted by dalegt4 View Post
                  i work designing , manufacturing and supplying various military and police equipment around the world.

from top spec searchlights and portable floodlighting to full on police and army equipment
                  Wow. What is the coolest thing you have played around with?
                  Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

haha... where do i start? we test all our own equipment obviously, we have designed a tazer riot shield for dog and animal use, our own blend of various cs products, set fire to ourselves in petrol bomb training and photos guns, armoured veichles... pretty much everything is interesting!

Comment

I go to school now, although I sometimes mow peoples lawns, rake the leaves, walk their dogs (I love animals), and other things as well. For a couple of weeks I had a job at this one coffeeshop, which I was fired from in a matter of months. Then a job moving things in a warehouse, but after an incident with a forklift I am no longer allowed to even set foot in said warehouse. And last but not least, a sort of youth group camp which I actually enjoyed, until my views of life changed.

Now, I'm hoping to get into writing, art, video game design, all that good stuff. Its artists like Remedy that inspire me everyday to follow my dreams.

And if not...well maybe being a hobo ain't all that bad.
                      Last edited by Taken634; 10-29-2011, 03:31 PM.
                      Do a looney-gooney dance, cross the kitchen floor, put something silly in the world that ain't been there before.

Comment

I work in the sales field and write on the side. So far, I've got two books to the public and my third is due out in 2012. So, I'm a salesman and I write in my free time.
                        My website www.jamiehorwath.com

Comment

I'm a senior student. I have a part time job as a staff member at my local EB Games store.
                          Alan Wake fanboy.

Comment

3rd year Media student. Other than that, lazy bum. I need to get a job the minute school is over. Damn economical crisis.
                            It's money after all...

Comment

Financial Advisor by day, keys player in a Soul band by night.
                              Gamertag: xXPiperAlphaXx
                              www.soulpatrol.org.uk
                              www.sjfp.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X