Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best LCD Tv For the Games?

Hi,

I wanna buy an LCD tv, but the problem is that I don’t know what’s the good and the important things that should be in any LCD tv. I wanna LG company or Samsung, so please tell me what’s the good model in all of them. And I wanna the LCD tv just for gaming, and I thinking to connect the Laptop with it to see some movies. PLEASE help me, guys. : )

BTW, I’m sorry if this thread in a wrong place.

Bye.
    "All what we need to survive is someone who truly loves us."
    -----
    I miss my dad soooo much. :( :( :( :( :(

Re: Best LCD Tv For the Games?

Yeah, I forgot something. What’s the best inch for the games? Is 42" good size for it?
    -----

Comment

Size doesn't matter. What matters when you're gaming is refresh rate, espessially when you're playing a game like guitar hero and rock band. However since these arent computer monitors, refresh rate isn't really included along with TV specifications.

Look for an option in the tv like GAME MODE or LOW LATENCY mode.

Best picture quality TVs I've seen, Sony, Samsung.

Biggest Size TVs, Misubishi.

Make sure you have a few HDMI connections in it, 1080p is a must, 24p, 120hz doesn't hurt, and makes the picture look a lot better if you also intend to use Blu-Ray or HD Broadcast TV.

If you buy 3D, your tv will likely be more expensive by a grand. Be aware if you buy a 3D TV you will also need a 3D blu-ray player (it's coming to the ps3 soon, ps3 already supports 3D games), 3D HDMI cable, IR emitter, and glasses (one per person), on top of that you need something that supports 3D, which is basically only one movie right now, and that movie is "cloudy with a chance of meatballs".

Comment

Thank you very much, Maniac. Actually, I’m playing Xbox 360, so it doesn’t matter about the 3D and about the Blue-ray. I just wanna a good LCD that has a good picture with no something isn’t good. Can you tell me what’s the TruMotion? (I guess that its name). Is it a very important thing? I wanna know what’s the important things that should be in any LCD. My Xbox 360 has an HDMI connection, so I can play it on 1080P? Thank you. : )
        -----

Comment

I’ve heard that the 40" and 50" inch aren’t good for the gaming. Is that right?
          -----

Comment

My 40" Samsung runs all of my 360 games just fine.
            The best way to pick a good set is to go in to a store where they have the same movie / game running on a variety of sets. My own personal preference went for a Samsung TV as the picture quality and motion seemed to be the most visually pleasing to me.
            Remedy's currently known projects:
            Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

Id recomend a Samsung also
              Watch out. The gap in the door... It's a seperate reality... The only me is me... Are you sure the only you is you?

Comment

Well...

I have a 37" LG Full HD TV. This TV can modify as well the good vision for you.

As for your case, you need to have up to 42" 3D Full HD TV, because it'll give you real HD experience. You also need to take in custody maniac's advice for that.

If you happen to have MANY connectors, then you'll need to have an adapter for that, so you can combine them all in one connection.
                The game can take you in a journey of fantasy, cause your mind is the creator of fantasy !

Comment

Blargh. TVs are fail. I want the notion of "Full HD" to die in the ass.

It has ruined any kind of resolution rush. I want more than 1920x1080 BS.

Also the whole 120HZ thing is BS as well. It only matters if you're going to watch 3d movies. 60HZ is way more than you will notice watching anything normal. 120HZ is NOT ENOUGH for 3d, it is the cheap version of 3d where everything is slightly blurry.

I just wouldn't buy anything. Send Samsung a letter asking for a 2400p monitor at 52" or something with every connection possible and 5 HDMI connections and a USB in/out and built in set top box. Then you might consider it. Obviously has to have awesome contrast ratios (and not the stupid dynamics contract that they quote, the other one instead is more informative).
                  Sarah Breaker > Barry Wheeler. Yep, I went there!

Comment

Originally posted by yogibbear View Post
                    Blargh. TVs are fail. I want the notion of "Full HD" to die in the ass.

It has ruined any kind of resolution rush. I want more than 1920x1080 BS.

Also the whole 120HZ thing is BS as well. It only matters if you're going to watch 3d movies. 60HZ is way more than you will notice watching anything normal. 120HZ is NOT ENOUGH for 3d, it is the cheap version of 3d where everything is slightly blurry.

I just wouldn't buy anything. Send Samsung a letter asking for a 2400p monitor at 52" or something with every connection possible and 5 HDMI connections and a USB in/out and built in set top box. Then you might consider it. Obviously has to have awesome contrast ratios (and not the stupid dynamics contract that they quote, the other one instead is more informative).
                    Sounds like a satasfied early adopter. 120hz is required for PC gaming 3D through NVIDIA's solution, it's not required for 3D HDTV playback, what is required is a 3D HDTV (which usually go up to about 240hz)

I game at about 40 inches. As long as the TV's latency is good (and most TVs you buy from the store today are, heck my dad bought a 42" vizio with a refresh rate of practically 0 even with 120hz fully enabled and even my sony can't do that). The downside is that my TV has a better picture, I use a 40 inch Sony.

It used to be the case where larger TVs would not be good for gaming because of the latency (which is probably why you heard "bigger tvs are bad") and while I must admit that a 60" SXRD is the largest I've gamed on (it's fine at 1080p in HDMI, but 1080i in component requires GAME MODE to be on) size really doesn't seem to be a matter.

Regardless what we're talking about is a matter of miliseconds, it will ONLY be noticiable when you're playing a game like Rock Band or Guitar Hero. Also remember that what might have latency in Component, might not have latency in HDMI (which is the case with my dad's 60")

This is all just theoretical of course. But be aware, you will be paying more for a better picture, and you will be paying more for a better name (sony's prices are really high simply because they're sony, that said they have the best picture quality I've seen at any size, although Samsung is practically the same)

Comment

Oh about the whole hz arguement: The human eye can't register over about 60hz. However, you WILL notice the difference between a tv with full 120hz enabled and that same tv running at 60hz, and the 120hz tv will likely look better (if it's set to a setting where the frames aren't being distorted, auto 2 for example)

Why is this possible? Because your eye is seeing more frames than it can accept and is blurring them accordingly is my theory. However, I don't think you're going to know the difference between 240 and 120hz, as once the eye peaks, every other frame is going to be lost, which is why I thought 240hz was pretty pointless and didn't buy into it.

Comment

Ok. How about "LG 42"LD420"? I saw it, and it’s good! But I heard that it doesn’t has a TruMotion, but what is TruMotion? -_-
                        -----

Comment

TruMotion is either 120hz or 24p. At least I think it is. It's different manufacturer to manufacturer. It could be 24p, that's used in blu ray playback to sync the refreshrate of the tv to the 24fps of a film movie. The thing is that they're called things like TruMotion, MotionFlow, CinemaMotion, every other weird name you can think of, but really what you want is an HDTV with 24p and 120hz. With that enabled, oh boy a movie looks good.

24p playback can only work through HDMI and only with blu rays that support it. That being said almost all will, except for probably tv series and things shot on digital video.
                          Last edited by Maniac; 09-13-2010, 08:36 AM.

Comment

Thank you SO much, Maniac. Ok, I changed my mind, and I think I’m going to buy a SONY LCD tv! I saw this model: http://www.sony-asia.com/product/klv-40bx400

Is it good for gaming, guys? It looks awesome to me, but I heard that it does has a MotionFlow 50Mhs, not 100Mhs. And the man in the store said it’s good for gaming 50Mhs, but if I want 100Mhs, the price will rise up. So what do you thinking? Is it good 50Mhs? Is that LCD good? BTW, it has 2 HDMI and 2 Input PC.
                            Last edited by RekoO_DekoO; 09-13-2010, 06:58 PM.
                            -----

Comment

This thing uses bravia engine 3, that's one generation up from what my tv uses, so what I know about my TV (which is kind of a distant cousin) really won't apply here.

The TVs really improve every generation, price goes down, picture quality goes up.

Doesn't have 120hz from the looks of it but looks like a fine tv regardless. Just remember to make sure the tv has it's latest firmware installed after you buy it.
                              Last edited by Maniac; 09-13-2010, 09:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X