What The Hell Grinds Your Gears!?!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What The Hell Grinds Your Gears!?!

Most of the comments in this blog post, and not being able to comment frankly about it.

Best expressed by this comic:

But times it by 600.
    Last edited by Maddieman; 02-08-2011, 10:28 PM.

Comment

My own allergies. I'm having yet another legendary sneeze attack, and I'm about to go into a major rage about it. But alas, I probably wouldn't have the energy to rage, since the constant sneezing is wearing me out.

Oh, the pain, the agony, the lies upon lies.
      "So, where shouldn't I go so that I don't turn the power back on, accidentally?"

Comment

Obama.
        Do a looney-gooney dance, cross the kitchen floor, put something silly in the world that ain't been there before.

Comment

It really pisses me of if i play online and some brittish stupid Kids on L4D or Halo call me a Nazi just cause im from Germany and play better then they do.
          "Reality is overrated."

Comment

Originally posted by MrSelf-Destruct View Post
            It really pisses me of if i play online and some brittish stupid Kids on L4D or Halo call me a Nazi just cause im from Germany and play better then they do.
            ALWAYS mute people you don't know.
            "So, where shouldn't I go so that I don't turn the power back on, accidentally?"

Comment

Seconded, Kahr. I've learned this the hard way the first few months after I went Gold. Retarded americans sending me (poorly written/spoken) messages because they can't deal with losing a life in Gears of War. Why play competitive multiplayer if one cannot deal with losing, I ask myself?

But even after setting my privacy settings to the max, I get friend requests from random people I've met because they got their arse handed to them. I don't mind losing and I'm certainly not going to whine about it by sending a hate message to someone else.
              "You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
              (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

Comment

That's why I play on the PS3. I don't get random people sending me messages or trying to add me as a friend only to send me messages.

Naw, I'm just kidding. Honestly, I haven't really received any messages. There was this one person that sent me a message some time ago (I think it was related to BFBC2) saying some random swear words. When I asked who the hell he was, he said he was the guy that <insert sexual content here> my mom last night. I laughed out loud and called him on his ridiculous attempt to use my mother as a means to insult me, and I never heard from him again.

In either case, I guess I've been lucky. I always mute people when I play online, so their only option is to send messages... and guess what? They're always too lazy.
                (Apart from that one funny fellow... It's a shame he stopped writing. I liked making fun of his sad insult attempts).

Doesn't matter which system you play on, there's always going to be some people that are trying to insult you for insulting them by killing them in whatever game they think they're best at. Only thing I've noticed (may not be true, but this is what I've gathered) is that there are more Americans on the 360 than on the PS3. Can that be related to less insults on the PS3?

Comment

No but what I had to go through while playing the Bioshock 2 multiplayer on PS3 was, besides unbearable lag and connection errors, was that I had to mute each and every single player in the lobby because the PS3 doesn't seem to offer a 'All of You Shut The Hell Up'-option.

On a sidenote: there's no 'set status to Appear Offline'-option either.

Yes, there's always somebody out there to insult you on both systems. 360 just offers more options to deal with this.

So yes, another thing that grinds my gears: PS3. *grabs shield and protects self from incoming projectiles, both soft and hard*

Comment

Originally posted by JackGordon View Post
                    playing the Bioshock 2 multiplayer on PS3
                    Do you see where you went wrong? Do you?

If you're going to play something on PS3, at least play something good.

Naw. Personal opinions and all that. I really haven't had any problems with annoying people on either systems. I've probably just been lucky on the PS3. I know why I haven't on the 360... I don't have Gold.

And that grinds my gears: You have to pay to play online on the 360.

Comment

I love Bioshock 2's multiplayer. Yes, I'm serious. I actually prefer the mp over the campaign. Minerva's Den, on the other hand, is better than both the campaign & mp.

Gold = paid. Yes, but it's well worth the price because it actually works. You have no idea how fun it can be playing Gears (or whatever you fancy) with some lads in a party chat. Besides, look around on eBay; you can buy 12 months of gold for 40€ or even 30€ sometimes...

Comment

Originally posted by JackGordon View Post
                        You have no idea how fun it can be playing Gears (or whatever you fancy) with some lads in a party chat.
                        I do that all the time... on the PS3.

Anyways, this is about what grinds people's gears, not another silly PS3 versus 360 argument that never leads anywhere because we all know the Nintendo Wii wins regardless.

Let's kick it back to the topic.
                        (And yes, I am sorry for being a part of what derailed the topic. )

Comment

People that wear the same t-shirt as you. (and you are not at a music gig).
                          Sarah Breaker > Barry Wheeler. Yep, I went there!

Comment

So I have this neighbors who listen to very loud music at midnight, I want to kill them, I'm being honest, the other night I was wishing tlhem to burn
                            Alan Wake will be missed, Welcome Quantum Break
                            Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense

Comment

Lil Kis.

Comment

Where the **** is my calculator?
                                KATAKOMB - Upcoming horror game by me

Comment

Working...
                                X