Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who thinks you should easily be able to log into vBulletin forums, without having to log into every single separate site (forum sites powered by vBulletin)?

I have accounts on both the Alan Wake Community Forums (powered by vBulletin) and the Eidos Forums (powered by vBulletin). But I have to log into each separate forum every time.

This may create issues as to the number of companies are using vBulletin, but you should be able "bookmark" favorites, or forums you participate in. (Like Alan Wake forums.)

Share your thoughts!

Father Thor...bless this war.

Re: Log into vBulletin

No. What? Same login for all vB forums? Why? That's just strange. The vast sites with vB out there has nothing to do with one another, and I am fairly sure most of them want nothing to do with one another. Blame safety reasons. It's always about safety reasons.

You can just bookmark your favorite forums now (whether they are vB or not) - no need to smack them all together. That'd just be... seriously dangerous.
    Last edited by Kahr; 11-14-2010, 09:26 AM.
    "So, where shouldn't I go so that I don't turn the power back on, accidentally?"

Comment

And one can always consider putting oneself's internet browser to remember the login information. I do not prefer it myself, but I mean think of it. All the forums in one bookmark folder, and all of them have been made to remember your login information. I mean it's just pressing the link and DONE.
      We are what we choose to be, not what we want to be

Comment

Originally posted by Kahr View Post
        No. What? Same login for all vB forums? Why? That's just strange. The vast sites with vB out there has nothing to do with one another, and I am fairly sure most of them want nothing to do with one another. Blame safety reasons. It's always about safety reasons.

You can just bookmark your favorite forums now (whether they are vB or not) - no need to smack them all together. That'd just be... seriously dangerous.
        Well...uh...er...okay.
        Last edited by Kahr; 11-14-2010, 09:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Viceroy Phoenix View Post
          I have accounts on both the Alan Wake Community Forums (powered by vBulletin) and the Eidos Forums (powered by vBulletin). But I have to log into each separate forum every time.
          Can't you just set your browser to remember the password and it is already logged in every time you visit?
          Remedy's currently known projects:
          Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Viceroy Phoenix View Post
            Well...uh...er...okay.
            Seriously, you think it would be a good idea for all vBulletins scattered across the internet to be connected? Yeah, I can only imagine how safe it'd be if they all had a shared Administration Panel too. ANY moron would have easily access to your profile information, even capable of abusing it.

Blimey.
            "So, where shouldn't I go so that I don't turn the power back on, accidentally?"

Comment

Originally posted by Kahr View Post
              Seriously, you think it would be a good idea for all vBulletins scattered across the internet to be connected? Yeah, I can only imagine how safe it'd be if they all had a shared Administration Panel too. ANY moron would have easily access to your profile information, even capable of abusing it.

Blimey.
              Alright! Alright! After your responses, no, no I no longer think it's a good idea. Happy? Why don't you just close this thread then?

Comment

Working...
              X