Any other writers?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any other writers?

I've been considered to be a writer by others. I'm wondering if there's anyone else out there. Are you writing/written any stories? I'm in the middle of one right now, you can check it out on Alan Wake General. It's called Winter Falls, and it's only a rough draft. I'm writing a rough draft version because it actually helps me come up with other ideas faster instead of just thinking.

P.S If you like the story when you check it out, message me because I can send you what I have done so far. I would post it but I don't want to post so much on ONE THING. (Don't want the whole 1st page to be my stuff or 50%)
    A cold wind blew into his face, chilling him to the bone. He stopped and looked up at the gray sky which soon would be a black as his thoughts.

Re: Any other writers?

I think there's a few aspiring authors here. I am one myself, but I don't show my stuff. Most of my work is completely original, and are things I am going to try to get published. So I guess when (hopefully!) it's published, you can buy my book(s).
    "So, where shouldn't I go so that I don't turn the power back on, accidentally?"

Comment

I used to write short stories a while back (2000-2005). They're in Dutch, though... I haven't written anything other than lyrics or poetry since then. Maybe one day I'll translate the short stories but I won't be publishing them. Art needs to be shared, not sold.
      "You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
      (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

Comment

I'm currently in the process of writing a novel, though I may have to postpone it till next year now.

This will be my first novel I've written with the aim to get it published. I've written several short stories and so on before, always as a hobby though.

Writing has always been something I've enjoyed. I even took several creative writing classes at Uni, just to get some more experience in it all.

Comment

Well I've been working on a book for the past few years. Unfortunately the history of the world the story takes place in so bloody long and complex the whole thing has come to a halt till I can find someone to help me keep everything organized.
          I like to bring a little irony to a firefight-Resistance member from Half-Life 2

Comment

Originally posted by JackGordon View Post
            Art needs to be shared, not sold.
            Heh. Clearly, your income doesn't come from creative work. People gotta eat, you know. =)
            Story Team Manager at Remedy. Like the occasional stupid remark? Follow me on Twitter: @MikkiRMD

Comment

Mikki, with all due respect, I'd rather not drift into these unpleasant waters.
              "You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
              (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

Comment

Originally posted by JackGordon View Post
                Mikki, with all due respect, I'd rather not drift into these unpleasant waters.
                Fancy that!
                Story Team Manager at Remedy. Like the occasional stupid remark? Follow me on Twitter: @MikkiRMD

Comment

Originally posted by MikkiRMD View Post
                  People gotta eat, you know. =)
                  Bah. To eat is to waste precious time you could be using to do something very different. Like writing.
                  (Or playing games, or checking out girls (or boys if you're a girl or a boy that's into boys) etc.)
                  "So, where shouldn't I go so that I don't turn the power back on, accidentally?"

Comment

I do a bit of everything. I write poetry, song lyrics, and I'm working on a story meant for a graphic novel series (I hope to start a webcomic this year!) Oh, and I draw, of course.
                    Avoid fruit and nuts; after all, you are what you eat.
                    -Garfield the Cat

Comment

I write short stories and pretty much everything that inspires me. When I get back from a movie, I write my favorite scenes from it, polish it, and then learn from it. When I'm on the bus or something, I'll pull out my notepad and attempt describing my thoughts process or the environment. I have a lot of stories and video game ideas I'm working on right now. My favorite authors are Stephen King and Chuck Palahniuk. I wish to be a writer and director, and possibly make some games.

Really, I'm just gonna come out with it, and say that I don't really write because I want to "share" my work or show my artistic vision. Art is kind of abstract to me. Like Mikki said, it does put food on the table. That's basically my main concern when it comes to writing. Basically, I'm not an extremely talented person, and I'm only good at a few things, and one of them is imagination. Sometimes, I could care less if my work changes people's point of view (The Catcher in the Rye), or wins awards. If it gets me money and a house..I'm good.
                      Of course, it's not like I'm a cynic who doesn't believe that art matters. I just could care less for some of it.

I'm not too big on poetry, but I do attempt it now and then. Recently I wrote a poem, that I guess I can share:

Thoughts of an Apple as it Falls of a Tree:
                      Ow.

Teacher was on the verge of screaming when she saw that one.
                      Last edited by Taken634; 02-20-2011, 12:32 AM.
                      Do a looney-gooney dance, cross the kitchen floor, put something silly in the world that ain't been there before.

Comment

Originally posted by TheArtist View Post
                        I do a bit of everything. I write poetry, song lyrics, and I'm working on a story meant for a graphic novel series (I hope to start a webcomic this year!) Oh, and I draw, of course.
                        Oh, and please tell me when that webcomic comes out!
                        Do a looney-gooney dance, cross the kitchen floor, put something silly in the world that ain't been there before.

Comment

Guess I could call myself one. I have been writing for about nine years. Mostly short stories and prose.
                          (Daniil Harms lives!)
                          Not too long ago finished a novel, which I'm considering to expand to trilogy.

Almost all my fiction is in finnish though.
                          (All hail to Markus Kajo)
                          Last edited by Mr. Grays; 02-20-2011, 10:39 PM.
                          Art is not about technique or skill. It's about your soul you put on your work

Comment

Originally posted by Master_Moridin View Post
                            Well I've been working on a book for the past few years. Unfortunately the history of the world the story takes place in so bloody long and complex the whole thing has come to a halt till I can find someone to help me keep everything organized.
                            I have decided to screw the book for now and work on a series of short stories. Title: Ghosts of Avalon. Basically a mixture of scifi, fantasy, Arthurian legend, mystery, and maybe some thriller.
                            I like to bring a little irony to a firefight-Resistance member from Half-Life 2

Comment

Originally posted by Taken634 View Post
                              Oh, and please tell me when that webcomic comes out!

As soon as I figure out which is the best way to write the intro! I've got the story, but now I'm trying to figure out how to present it.
                              Avoid fruit and nuts; after all, you are what you eat.
                              -Garfield the Cat

Comment

Working...
                              X