Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

won't be playing again...thanks to hardware

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • won't be playing again...thanks to hardware

    I've been a fan of Remedy since I first played Max Payne and Alan Wake is probably one of the best psychological horror games yet...it's up there with Silent hill 2, with a simple yet moving tale. I've bought the book, I love the game, but seriously, do you need to be exclusive? my third xbox 360 just died and I'm not going to give MS more money when they so clearly don't care about their customers(to be honest i will eventually cause I'm an insane collector, but still) I know the exclusivity deal is probably permanent for Alan Wake, but I won't be playing this game and I won't be buying the new xbox arcade game, not because you guys don't rock, but because M$ ripped us all off.

    Anyway I look forward to the next book. Thanks for the great game

  • #2
    Re: won't be playing again...thanks to hardware

    Originally posted by rkimbal45 View Post
    I've been a fan of Remedy since I first played Max Payne and Alan Wake is probably one of the best psychological horror games yet...it's up there with Silent hill 2, with a simple yet moving tale. I've bought the book, I love the game, but seriously, do you need to be exclusive? my third xbox 360 just died and I'm not going to give MS more money when they so clearly don't care about their customers(to be honest i will eventually cause I'm an insane collector, but still) I know the exclusivity deal is probably permanent for Alan Wake, but I won't be playing this game and I won't be buying the new xbox arcade game, not because you guys don't rock, but because M$ ripped us all off.

    Anyway I look forward to the next book. Thanks for the great game
    Borrow mate's 360. Play Alan Wake. Profit.
    Sarah Breaker > Barry Wheeler. Yep, I went there!

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: won't be playing again...thanks to hardware

      I had 2 die on my and microsoft doesn't support my country with warrenty.

      My 3rd one has been running so far for almost 2 years and I have to get one because I got pretty huge xbox360 game collection (basically I love xboxlive, xbox360 OS, kinect, 360 controller, and 360 games).

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: won't be playing again...thanks to hardware

        I see a lock in this topics future....
        Team Yu
        https://twitter.com/#!/TeamYuNeedsYOU
        http://facebook.com/TeamYu

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: won't be playing again...thanks to hardware

          i know how you feel, i'm on my third. And the problem really lies with us. We bought replacements and affirmed that the current deal of 'play it till the sudden overheats' state of affairs is acceptable and we will put up with it.
          Like i said im on my third and yeah, this one goes and i'm done. To be honest the only exclusive i got in the last two years was alan wake. im excited for gears 3 but less of my friends play the 360 versions anymore because they already quit with rrod's and funnily enough the only reason i got one was because they all had one to begin with.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: won't be playing again...thanks to hardware

            And the thing is I know, like any addict, I will do it again sooner or later. but I have decided I will never buy any title on the 360 if it's on any other system, even games like Red Dead where they both look mostly the same but the 360 has a slight graphical edge, I rather have on my ps3 that I am reasonably sure will still work 5 years from now, and I know will still be supported than on 360 where we can be pretty sure it won't be. And my only reason for bringing it up here is the slight hope that a developer would pass along something a lot of developers have figured out...exclusivity ain't what it used to be and possibly build the game for the ps3 which I would most definitely pay for. It also is nice to talk to other 360 owners who have been through EXACTLY what I have.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: won't be playing again...thanks to hardware

              And of course the PS3 has a flawless performance rate....
              Consoles break allways have and allways will.
              Team Yu
              https://twitter.com/#!/TeamYuNeedsYOU
              http://facebook.com/TeamYu

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: won't be playing again...thanks to hardware

                My PS2 still works. Have kept it on a carpetted floor covered in magazines for years. Sega megadrive still works as well. Kept in an outdoor garage with a leaky roof and super dusts covered in rat droppings.
                Sarah Breaker > Barry Wheeler. Yep, I went there!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: won't be playing again...thanks to hardware

                  I know everyone knows this, but just as a reminder: never fit a "next generation" console inside your TV cabinet. You could do that before, just not now, they need fresh air.
                  My MSX2 would still work (too bad someone lost it for me), Atari 7800 still works, Megadrive... But nowadays consoles are not the same.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: won't be playing again...thanks to hardware

                    Originally posted by thebestbit View Post
                    And of course the PS3 has a flawless performance rate....
                    Consoles break allways have and allways will.
                    yes it is true that all consoles break, but it is pretty well documented at this point that the failure rate of the ps3 is far lower than that of the 360. Though as with all things, on a long enough timeline the survival rate for everything drops to 0.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: won't be playing again...thanks to hardware

                      Originally posted by reprec View Post
                      I know everyone knows this, but just as a reminder: never fit a "next generation" console inside your TV cabinet. You could do that before, just not now, they need fresh air.
                      My MSX2 would still work (too bad someone lost it for me), Atari 7800 still works, Megadrive... But nowadays consoles are not the same.
                      not to start even more trouble, but there are some great msx2 emulators out there. To avoid the some topic of piracy, the gpx2(a linux handheld) is a great place to put use old game consoles via emulation.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: won't be playing again...thanks to hardware

                        This doesn't really seem to be an Alan Wake topic, so I'll move this over to General Discussion.

                        Carry on, though! =)
                        Story Team Manager at Remedy. Like the occasional stupid remark? Follow me on Twitter: @MikkiRMD

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: won't be playing again...thanks to hardware

                          Best thing to do is call up xbox support, say the thing broke through no fault of yours, and ask to speak to a supervisor. They might be willing to fix it for a reasonable price opposed to an unreasonable one, although I don't know what country you live in or what you'd consider to be reasonable.

                          Since so many units of yours died, they might throw in a freebee game just to shut you up. They did it to me when I had 2 fail on me one after another the first year the console came out (before they acknoledged the red ring as an epidemic it was slowly becoming yet). I had a gold account I wasn't able to use for 2 months (for obvious reasons) and I wanted a refund or some kind of compensation. They said they couldn't give me a refund but they did offer to give me a brand new game (which was PGR3 at the time full price 60 bucks) which I thought was fair. Nowadays they do give a 1 month gold card standard with all repairs, at least in the US.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: won't be playing again...thanks to hardware

                            Originally posted by MikkiRMD View Post
                            This doesn't really seem to be an Alan Wake topic, so I'll move this over to General Discussion.

                            Carry on, though! =)
                            well the Alan Wake part is a desperate plea to port it to the ps3 or PC so I can play it again one day.

                            Originally posted by Maniac View Post
                            Best thing to do is call up xbox support, say the thing broke through no fault of yours, and ask to speak to a supervisor. They might be willing to fix it for a reasonable price opposed to an unreasonable one, although I don't know what country you live in or what you'd consider to be reasonable.

                            Since so many units of yours died, they might throw in a freebee game just to shut you up. They did it to me when I had 2 fail on me one after another the first year the console came out (before they acknoledged the red ring as an epidemic it was slowly becoming yet). I had a gold account I wasn't able to use for 2 months (for obvious reasons) and I wanted a refund or some kind of compensation. They said they couldn't give me a refund but they did offer to give me a brand new game (which was PGR3 at the time full price 60 bucks) which I thought was fair. Nowadays they do give a 1 month gold card standard with all repairs, at least in the US.
                            Maniac, I appreciate what your saying, but what is a reasonable price for something that shouldn't be dying in the first place. I found one article that says M$ failure rate no the 360 (at least up to the new model) is over 50%...that's a bit unreasonable. My xbox1, ps2,nes,ps1,gamecube and dreamcast all still work...is it really unreasonable to expect my 360 to last more than 3 years?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: won't be playing again...thanks to hardware

                              I have never had any problems with either playstation or xbox. Then again, I do not play that much and I do not own a ps3 so I can not really talk with confidence. I have had my xbox 360 for about three years now. It has worked fine. I have had an xbox pretty much the day it came out and no problems what so ever. I have had Playstation 1 for about 12 years now and no problems what so ever on that either, nor ps2 for that matter.

                              That doesn't mean that companies who make our products couldn't do a better job though.
                              We are what we choose to be, not what we want to be

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X