Doomsday?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doomsday?

You've probably all heard about the Harold Camping Blunder. Anyone else find this extremely funny? As a Christian, I think it served him right.
    Do a looney-gooney dance, cross the kitchen floor, put something silly in the world that ain't been there before.

Re: Doomsday?

As an atheist, I find all notion of a religious doomsday funny. The only doomsday I can imagine is if mankind goes on an all out war. Nuclear holocaust anyone? Yeah, that'd be the end of days.
    "So, where shouldn't I go so that I don't turn the power back on, accidentally?"

Comment

Nah even in a nuclear holocaust no one will attack Australia so I'll be alright.
      Sarah Breaker > Barry Wheeler. Yep, I went there!

Comment

Its even funnier knowing that this has been his 3rd prediction. When will people learn...

Ah well, on to the next best guesses for this year...

Found a great little site, listing all of the past, present and future embarrassments:
        http://www.abhota.info/end5.htm
        Remedy's currently known projects:
        Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

Fortunately I hadn't heard about Harold Camping before. Just googled it. Man, what a fuss he has made! But the prediction of the resurrection day is nothing but a great fraud, No matter who has done it so far or will do it in the future.

They ask you about The Hour and when it is to come. Say:" None knows except my lord. He alone will reveal it at the appointed time. It's heavy in the heavens and earth. It will not come to you but suddenly". They will question you as you had full knowledge of it. Say :" It's knowledge is with Allah; though most people are unware. ( Holy Quran_ Al Aaraf/187)
          Origami models on my YouTube: GeneTheWinter

Comment

The awful thing about it is the amount of people who spent their life savings 'preparing' for the end of the world:

"It was probably one of the saddest things that I'd ever read, the idea that there's kids out there whose parents spent their college savings funds, who sold their homes,"
            Last edited by Maddieman; 05-28-2011, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Yeah, I'll admit, it is embarrassing to have this man go around and preach about "The End of the World." And I hate how people instantly think I believe in him because of my beliefs. There WILL be an End Times, but man will not be able to predict when it happens across the globe.

Also, he's barely a believer and I doubt that he's even really READ the Bible. Not only does he believe in annihilationism, but he completely goes against Matthew 24:36 in the Bible. "But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only."

Also, Camping has said that you should depart from the Church (I have no problem with personal studying of Scripture but it should be limited) and listen to HIS RADIO SHOW.

If you ask me, he's just a con artist using the Bible to get attention and investment in his show.
              Last edited by Taken634; 05-28-2011, 03:46 PM.
              Do a looney-gooney dance, cross the kitchen floor, put something silly in the world that ain't been there before.

Comment

Originally posted by Kahr View Post
                As an atheist, I find all notion of a religious doomsday funny. The only doomsday I can imagine is if mankind goes on an all out war. Nuclear holocaust anyone? Yeah, that'd be the end of days.
                Maybe not a Nuclear Holocaust. I mean, I don't believe the world will end through man, but hypothetically, I would imagine it being a biological warfare happening. That seems to make more sense to me. Still though, I believe it's going to happen like the Bible says it will in Revelation. With the Horsemen of the Apocalypse and such.
                Last edited by Taken634; 05-28-2011, 03:39 PM.

Comment

I don't believe those religious doomsdays. Nuclear war can destroy all life. But our planet will die when the Sun turns to red giant. Earth will be swallowed by the Sun.

Comment

Originally posted by Galactus View Post
                    I don't believe those religious doomsdays. Nuclear war can destroy all life. But our planet will die when the Sun turns to red giant. Earth will be swallowed by the Sun.
                    I am fairly certain man will have either a) destroyed themselves by that time or b) ventured away from the earth. It is still such a long time until the sun is anywhere near to swallow our planet, so by that time we'd have plenty of time to do either of the above.

I wasn't saying that the end of man would have to be a nuclear holocaust. I was just saying that this would be a more likely choice. At least for me, one whom do not believe in any religion.
                    "So, where shouldn't I go so that I don't turn the power back on, accidentally?"

Comment

Originally posted by Kahr View Post
                      I am fairly certain man will have either a) destroyed themselves by that time or b) ventured away from the earth. It is still such a long time until the sun is anywhere near to swallow our planet, so by that time we'd have plenty of time to do either of the above.

I wasn't saying that the end of man would have to be a nuclear holocaust. I was just saying that this would be a more likely choice. At least for me, one whom do not believe in any religion.
                      Sadly, nuclear holocaust is one of the more likely happenings for the End of the World (or at least our society) my friend.

Comment

I find it funny, especially when I see the people with the pickitsigns actually believing in this, I hate to imagine the amount of suicide reports come December 2012.

I don't associate myself with religion, in my opinion it is just a primitive concept for a naive young human race to explain their existence thousands of years ago, evolution and science is far more interesting, complex and mind-boggling, the fact there is there are so many different religions with different beliefs backs this up...plus Jedi is an official religion, that just takes the-

When the earth dies, if we haven't destroyed ourselves we'd be so technologically advanced it's scary just to think about it, Earth will be dead long before it's destruction, who knows?
                        Last edited by Dark; 05-30-2011, 12:58 AM.
                        Reformed Max Payne 3 basher
                        Loving Max Payne 3 since Edge's Cover 2011

Comment

Uh oh, I might see possible atheist/religious flame-wars coming onto this thread..

Comment

Keep it civil, guys. If it gets out of hand, the thread will be locked. Think twice before you submit a post that can seem offensive to some.

Comment

I heard a joke in church the other day, they said the reason the Rapture didn't happen is because Duke Nukem Forever is finally coming out.

Comment

Working...
                              X