Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A photo tour of Remedy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Re: A photo tour of Remedy

    Originally posted by MikkiRMD View Post
    Speaking of that picture of Alice, I spent a week out of the office on a business trip, and when I came back, the picture had mysteriously morphed into something else entirely:

    [ATTACH]1803[/ATTACH]

    I nearly shit my pants in horror when I noticed this unholy herald of unspeakable torture and painful emasculation staring at me, clearly intent on cutting me open with a beastly claw and feasting on my entrails, heedless of my screams and pleading, and then afterwards stabbing my cooling corpse with a letter opener a couple of times for good measure.

    So, you know, thanks for that, oh co-worker who shall remain nameless.
    Is that Barbra Jagger? lol
    Watch out. The gap in the door... It's a seperate reality... The only me is me... Are you sure the only you is you?

    Comment


    • #32
      Re: A photo tour of Remedy

      Humm... somehow I remember her face... wait a minute.. isn't she :
      When it's all dark...light is so precious, just like the darkness

      Comment


      • #33
        Re: A photo tour of Remedy

        Jesus Christ!

        It's... It's....
        "Now I am become Death, The Destroyer Of Worlds"

        Comment


        • #34
          Re: A photo tour of Remedy

          Originally posted by The Darkness View Post
          Humm... somehow I remember her face... wait a minute.. isn't she :
          Nice catch! Yes, it is, but in your picture she looks like an actual human being instead of a living nightmare with eyes that bleed hatred and murder.
          Story Team Manager at Remedy. Like the occasional stupid remark? Follow me on Twitter: @MikkiRMD

          Comment


          • #35
            Re: A photo tour of Remedy

            Originally posted by Morry View Post
            Awesome photos! Thanks for putting them up!

            Now for the important question - Coke or Pepsi?
            I heard Coke makes you fat, and the Pepsi is of the dietary stuff.

            And I wondered about it. How much did you guys spend to build such building ? It's simply not a base, but a huge ... "factory", IMO. This building is so big for you guys. It's like as if someone rich gave you this building over...
            The game can take you in a journey of fantasy, cause your mind is the creator of fantasy !

            Comment


            • #36
              Re: A photo tour of Remedy

              Originally posted by TannosukeGR View Post
              I heard Coke makes you fat, and the Pepsi is of the dietary stuff.
              This may be the most amazing thing you have ever said.

              And I wondered about it. How much did you guys spend to build such building ? It's simply not a base, but a huge ... "factory", IMO. This building is so big for you guys. It's like as if someone rich gave you this building over...
              Dude, seriously, it's just an office building -- a nice one, sure, but still. It's not really even all that big, as far as office buildings go. Also, we didn't build it, and nobody gave us anything, we pay our rent just like most other companies.
              Story Team Manager at Remedy. Like the occasional stupid remark? Follow me on Twitter: @MikkiRMD

              Comment


              • #37
                Re: A photo tour of Remedy

                I thought Matias build the glorious Remedy HQ with his bare hands.
                My Alan Wake Collection

                Comment


                • #38
                  Re: A photo tour of Remedy

                  It seems to be a pretty basic office structure for Finland's standards. Any office which can afford living near the capital area has to be. It just as simple as that. No money, no office, but when you can afford it, might as well make it big. And besides, considering the current financial state the Finland is in, and the HDIndex, it is no surprise. I mean, the "poor" who live in Finalnd, are students. I am no patriot, but I do feel huge thanks to live in a country where standards of living, health and money are high and stable.

                  And this is the situation in Sweden and Norway as well.
                  We are what we choose to be, not what we want to be

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Re: A photo tour of Remedy

                    From memory, the building used to be a bank before Remedy moved in.

                    I wonder what they did with the vault?
                    Remedy's currently known projects:
                    Quantum Break - 2016

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Re: A photo tour of Remedy

                      Originally posted by Zhinarkos View Post
                      It seems to be a pretty basic office structure for Finland's standards. Any office which can afford living near the capital area has to be. It just as simple as that. No money, no office, but when you can afford it, might as well make it big. And besides, considering the current financial state the Finland is in, and the HDIndex, it is no surprise. I mean, the "poor" who live in Finalnd, are students. I am no patriot, but I do feel huge thanks to live in a country where standards of living, health and money are high and stable.

                      And this is the situation in Sweden and Norway as well.
                      As well as Denmark and UK and Germany and umm.. the rest of the western world.

                      In all honesty office architecture in Finland sucks balls for the most part. Remedy's office is pretty nice, tho.
                      End of the internets

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Re: A photo tour of Remedy

                        Originally posted by Morry View Post
                        I wonder what they did with the vault?
                        It's in Cynthia Weaver's shelter !
                        When it's all dark...light is so precious, just like the darkness

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Re: A photo tour of Remedy

                          Originally posted by jkler View Post
                          As well as Denmark and UK and Germany and umm.. the rest of the western world.

                          In all honesty office architecture in Finland sucks balls for the most part. Remedy's office is pretty nice, tho.
                          Plus the rents, the buildings themselves, space, and the distances between job and home make it, for the most part, inconvenient to study and/or work in the capital area. Politicians advice to use general transport, but do they use them themselves? No.

                          The whole city planning system seems a bit off when it comes to the percentages of what to build and where to build it. I don't live in the major capital area so I wouldn't know for sure though, but some kind of change must be made.

                          I agree with what Antti said a while back about skyscrapers. I wouldn't want Helsinki-Vantaa-Espoo area to become a capitalistic zone, but I would like to see some space saving and better planning on the cities zone systems.

                          But that's it for that. Remedy office looks nice, and from what I've looked at it from Google Earth, the spot where it is isn't as bad as it could be. Nice building, good people, good work. Thanks and all that.
                          We are what we choose to be, not what we want to be

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Re: A photo tour of Remedy

                            Originally posted by Morry View Post
                            From memory, the building used to be a bank before Remedy moved in.

                            I wonder what they did with the vault?
                            A bank? I don't think so! I know that F-Secure had their offices in this building way back when they were a much, much smaller company, just starting out -- that was back in the 90s, and the company was still called Data Fellows.

                            We do have a shelter downstairs (as dictated by Finnish law), which has a somewhat vault-like door, but that's intended for people in case of an emergency, not money or valuables. We have gym equipment in there.
                            Story Team Manager at Remedy. Like the occasional stupid remark? Follow me on Twitter: @MikkiRMD

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Re: A photo tour of Remedy

                              Originally posted by Morry View Post
                              From memory, the building used to be a bank before Remedy moved in.

                              I wonder what they did with the vault?
                              That was the previous office, before the guys moved in to this one. They shared an office space with a bank.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Re: A photo tour of Remedy

                                Originally posted by MikkiRMD View Post
                                A bank? I don't think so! I know that F-Secure had their offices in this building way back when they were a much, much smaller company, just starting out -- that was back in the 90s, and the company was still called Data Fellows.

                                We do have a shelter downstairs (as dictated by Finnish law), which has a somewhat vault-like door, but that's intended for people in case of an emergency, not money or valuables. We have gym equipment in there.
                                Yeah, I can't remember where I remember that detail from - perhaps the synapses got crossed and I confused it with F-Secure.

                                In any case, photos from a few years back...
                                http://forum.alanwake.com/showthread.php?t=1888
                                Remedy's currently known projects:
                                Quantum Break - 2016

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X