PC build thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC build thread

Alright, let's get geeky in here and start posting about PC specs. This is a thread for people that wants to either upgrade components, build new PC's or recommend components they are happy with.
    "So, where shouldn't I go so that I don't turn the power back on, accidentally?"

Re: PC build thread

Let's start with mine, since I'm thinking to buy a new PC for gaming, because I'll probably move to Athens for a job, and I want to hale this current PC free of those stuff and have my job in this PC for good reasons(hacks, internet failure and stuff, such as viruses and anything).

My PC specs are:

RAM: 4GB
    Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) X2 Dual Core 64 Processor 4800+ 2,5GHz
    Graphic: NVidia Geforce GTX 550 Ti
    Sound: M-Audio Delta L1010 PCI(professional)

As for the rest, I don't know.

Can you guys suggest me any other stuff that I might want to buy in order to make a gaming PC. I'll need only 2 PCs, one for gaming purposes and one for work. Only the gaming PC shall be connected there.
    The game can take you in a journey of fantasy, cause your mind is the creator of fantasy !

Comment

Change the motherboard mate

Unless that board supports quad core AMD CPUS

Also, what type of games are you going to be playing and what resoloution are you going to be playing at?
      Last edited by djshauny1; 09-02-2011, 09:25 PM.
      Watch out. The gap in the door... It's a seperate reality... The only me is me... Are you sure the only you is you?

Comment

Of those heavy games, such as The Witcher + 2, Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands(I already played it) etc. Literally, mostly RPGs and action/adventure games.

As for the Mobo, I have already thought of that, because it was quite the time to do so, but I don't know which model.
        The game can take you in a journey of fantasy, cause your mind is the creator of fantasy !

Comment

What cpu are you wanting to go with?

And whats your budget?
          Watch out. The gap in the door... It's a seperate reality... The only me is me... Are you sure the only you is you?

Comment

About the CPU, I'm thinking to take of the newest models as good as they are that can keep up without any problems. As for budgts I'll decide about the right model with quite cheap price.

Comment

Well decide on a budget mate and ill assist you further

Comment

Finally got Radeon HD 6970. It's so heavy and big and when I installed it, it was all cramped inside the case so I had to change the case too. Now everything's OK. Waiting for Crysis and C:Warhead to be delivered
                Origami models on my YouTube: GeneTheWinter

Comment

Awsome card that is mate.

I too have just purchased a new card.

I went for the gtx 580.

Happy days

Comment

I'm building a new computer by the end of the month. I need some recommendations, mainly for motherboards, processors and video cards but all suggestions are welcome.

Comment

I bought a Core i7-920 3 years ago when it was brand new on the market, and ran it (and Vista64) until recently very happily. But it was getting a bit laggy.

I was pondering whether to do a full upgrade and decided against it - not enough difference to the 2600Ks and the new EE is too much moolah - so I went only with a new Win7 & Samsung 830 SDD and a reinstall later I'm again really happy with the performance.

Next upgrade is my trusty Radeon 4890 to a new graphics card - either a R7950 when they are available or whatever mid-range Nvidia comes up next after the 560/570. I've been an "ATI guy" in the past but may be open for some experimentation

The best upgrade over the last year has been my 27" 2560x1440 Dell Ultrasharp.

Comment

I'm assuming I should go with a Core i7 processor, but are the new 8-core AMDs any good? I haven't got much feedback on them.

As for video cards, is it worth it to get a card from the newest series for AMD/Nvidia or is it better to get one that's been out for a little while. I'm looking for the best cost/performance ratio (most bang for my buck without killing my bank account). I can always upgrade in a year or two so I don't need the end all card right now but I still want a solid card.

Comment

The i7-2700k would be a better choice over the AMD Bulldozer. Its an amazing CPU.

I prefer Nvidia over ATI. Not to say ATI are bad cards, its just that i think the cards are better supported with drivers etc.

The GTX560ti are pretty dam good cards. But if you want a bit more grunt then go for the 580.

As for the new cards coming out, id say wait till they come down in price or only buy one when your current system is struggling. But with the 2 cards i mentioned they are more than enough.

I should of asked this first but what resoloution are you wanting to run your games at?

Comment

I was just looking at the i7-2700k and I'll probably go with that, whats the difference with that processor and say the i7-3930K?

Card-wise I was thinking the GTX 560 Ti 1GB or the GTX 560 2GB. The Ti is more expensive so I assume that's the better card. Like Markus I've been an "ATI guy" but at this point I don't really care I just want a good card.

As far as resolution; I have a video editing setup at my desk (2 monitors at the moment) running 1600x 1000 each and when I use my TV it would be 1920x1080.

Comment

Originally posted by Skip View Post
                              Card-wise I was thinking the GTX 560 Ti 1GB or the GTX 560 2GB. The Ti is more expensive so I assume that's the better card. Like Markus I've been an "ATI guy" but at this point I don't really care I just want a good card.
                              IMO, those cards aren't THAT expensive. I have checked them out and figured out their price. They're €200(around $220). Not so expensive.

I have a NVidia GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB and it did cost me €170, and it's a technically monstrous card. If combined with 4GB RAM, it can hold on to any heavy games you fancy to play.

Comment

Working...
                              X