What Killed The Dinosaurs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Killed The Dinosaurs

They say that it was the Asteroid that hit at the Yucatan Peninsula in mexico.
    1 theory is that Dinosaurs Got To Big.And that when food become really scarce.After the asteroid hit.It set off a chain of events that they all Perished.
    I only bring it up because Dinosaurs really interest Me.

Re: What Killed The Dinosaurs

All there is, is theory. There is also the 'MegaStory' theory. A super sized storm (post asteroid, if I remember) that triggered a massive heat junction that stormed through the continents.

Though taking time as a huge factor, missions of years, one could effectively say that time and nature killed them off.
    "Keep calm, and be grateful."

Comment

Without getting a degree in it or spending years researching it you could guess that it has to be something along the lines of:

-Disease
      -Disaster
      -Failure for them to evolve to survive in their environment
      -Loss of other species in their ecosystem that are essential to their survive due to disease/disaster/failure to evolve/new predator/etc.

Disease... could be likely. Why would it suddenly happen? Who knows.

Disaster...
      -Asteroid
      -Nearby supernova gamma rays killing plankton etc. off
      -Something else...

Failure for them to evolve to meet changing conditions:
      -Slow climate shift
      -Dramatic climate shift (switching of poles, some event causing heavy volcanic activity etc.)
      -Other

etc. etc. etc.

Now pick a theory and go find some evidence that shows that your theory could be right and then try and prove every other theory and cross them off the list. Then come back in 30 yrs and you might win some prize for all that hard work and you can respond to this thread unless the PIPA/SOPA laws haven't already killed the internet.
      Sarah Breaker > Barry Wheeler. Yep, I went there!

Comment

I like Animals Like a Rhinoceros.That havent changed for millions of years.
        There Like a dinosaur.

Comment

They are more like distant cousins. Just like Alligators (and Crocodiles), among others to name.

Many insect types remain close to their former versions as well as some fish (well, the deeper in the ocean you go anyway).

Comment

They are simply hidden under ground waiting for 2012
            Team Yu
            https://twitter.com/#!/TeamYuNeedsYOU
            http://facebook.com/TeamYu

Comment

Just like every other mythological creature.

Comment

They say Birds are what Become of Dinosaurs.

Comment

There were prehistoric 'birds' that existed. Both capable of flight and incapable. They became birds.

Similar traits maintain. Anything extreme, it may not be linked.

Comment

Well there's nothing that resembles a stegosaurus anymore... asides from MAYBE (long stretch) an armadillo. But they're tiny compared.

Comment

Arguably speaking, taking said millions of years, they could have also been a form of said Alligator/Crocodile. Similar to some degree, unless genetically speaking they were another aside from those 2 that didn't manage.

Comment

Originally posted by Zechs View Post
                        Arguably speaking, taking said millions of years, they could have also been a form of said Alligator/Crocodile. Similar to some degree, unless genetically speaking they were another aside from those 2 that didn't manage.
                        Err.... crocodiles and alligators survived the cretaceours period. i.e. they are not an evolved stegosaurus. Completely separate from them.

Comment

I was using them as an example to suggest there could have been another similar form to them that came from the Stegosaurus. Adding to Armadillo suggestion. Since many descendants weren't adequate to surviving vs world and other creatures.

Comment

This reminds me of an interesting article I read in Wired magazine.

http://www.wired.com/magazine/2011/0...ensaurus/all/1

Its all about how they are trying to create dinosaurs by "devolving" a chicken.
                            Remedy's currently known projects:
                            Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

A Bear is another one that hasnt had to change for millions of years.

Comment

Working...
                              X