Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Killed The Dinosaurs

Originally posted by Morry View Post
    This reminds me of an interesting article I read in Wired magazine.

http://www.wired.com/magazine/2011/0...ensaurus/all/1

Its all about how they are trying to create dinosaurs by "devolving" a chicken.
    And here I was worried about terminators taking over the world.... when it should be fricking CHICKENS!
    Sarah Breaker > Barry Wheeler. Yep, I went there!

Comment

Originally posted by youcannotsee View Post
      A Bear is another one that hasnt had to change for millions of years.
      We're talking about a 10x difference between an alligator and a bear in terms of when they were first around. That is 200 million+ vs. 20 million years.

Comment

They were eaten by humans 6000 years ago

Comment

I'm guessing killed by climate change after a sort of Earth-changing event. Now, I'm not saying this was Noah's Ark or anything, but that just seems to be a logical explanation.
          Do a looney-gooney dance, cross the kitchen floor, put something silly in the world that ain't been there before.

Comment

Originally posted by Taken634 View Post
            I'm guessing killed by climate change after a sort of Earth-changing event. Now, I'm not saying this was Noah's Ark or anything, but that just seems to be a logical explanation.
            Doesn't need to be earth-changing. Any sort of slow climate shift over 10 million years would be dramatic enough.

Comment

I'd also like to suggest the theory of 'Panspermia' in accordance to 'ancient aliens' whom could have come and attempted to cultivate the planet for their species, which could have ended up killing the Dinosaurs. This doesn't rule out asteroids, storms, climate changes, etc.
              "Keep calm, and be grateful."

Comment

The Chicxulub crater located beneath yucatan peninsula has been a popular explanation among scientists for the cretaceous-tertiary extinction event, though nothing can actually be proven. As it usually goes with anything related to paleontology. According to calculations the asteroid that made the crater was about 10 km in diameter. But anything is up to debate. Taken from wikipedia: ”n March 2010, following extensive analysis of the available evidence covering 20*years' worth of data spanning the fields of palaeontology, geochemistry, climate modelling, geophysics and sedimentology, 41*international experts from 33*institutions reviewed available evidence and concluded that the impact at Chicxulub triggered the mass extinctions at the K–T boundary including those of dinosaurs.” but BASICALLY, any guess is good as the truth.
                Last edited by Zhinarkos; 12-24-2011, 10:42 AM.
                We are what we choose to be, not what we want to be

Comment

Working...
                X