Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Morry heads to Remedy (Now with photos!)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morry heads to Remedy (Now with photos!)

Our very own [MENTION=103]Morry[/MENTION] has headed to Finland to visit the Remedy offices.

Check out this pic of Morry, Ozz and Jay at the Slovakia-Canada Ice Hockey Game, the first game of the world championships.

Re: Morry heads to Remedy

One day, I will come to remedy and troll all of you... and then come to Australia to get you Peter....

[AKA I is jealous ]

Comment

I bet hes having the time of his life

Cant wait to see more pics
      Watch out. The gap in the door... It's a seperate reality... The only me is me... Are you sure the only you is you?

Comment

More photos to come...
        Remedy's currently known projects:
        Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Morry View Post
          More photos to come...
          cant wait for the pics morry
          Watch out. The gap in the door... It's a seperate reality... The only me is me... Are you sure the only you is you?

Comment

Originally posted by Morry View Post
            More photos to come...
            Oh, yes) Can't wait))

Comment

It's photo time, everybody!!

As some of you will know, I recently visited Helsinki and dropped in to Espoo to see some familiar faces.

The day I arrived in Helsinki was the 30th April - kick-off for the Finnish Vappu celebrations (May Day), a 2-day celebration where the entire town goes to the park and gets drunk. An amusing experience for any tourist...

See Exhibit A...

This is where the Finns really live up to their reputation of being big drinkers. Almost every person I walked past in the street had a glass of champagne in their hand.

After two days of festivities, the town slowly returned to normal. I had arranged to catch up with Matias Myllyrinne (Managing Director) for breakfast, where we spoke about the past, present and future of Remedy.

The team has been very happy with the recent releases on digital platforms (e.g. iOS, Android and Steam) and is hard at work on future projects. As you would have noticed from all of the recent job opportunities, the company is expanding faster than ever before.
              Walking around the office, it was clear that everybody is busy working on various things. Everyone I met was excited to tell me absolutely nothing about what they were actually working on...except that it was exciting

Familiar faces:
              (L-R) Potted Plant, Morry, Oskari "Ozz" Häkkinen (Head of Franchise Development), Sami Järvi (Sam Lake, Max Payne, Writer), Mika Reini (Chief Financial Officer)

Of course, I had to get Sam to pose for the obligatory photo:

Before my trip, I enlisted the help of our very own Алеу Уайтер (aleeo.w) to prepare a small gift for the team. During the whole team's morning meeting, I expressed thanks from the community for the work that everyone does and how much we appreciate their games. The team loved the artwork, aleoo! Thank you for preparing it for us!

The final artwork is below, signed by all of the Moderators (the signature is Pete's).

Back to the office tour...

At first, I thought this was part of the post-Vappu recovery, but Mika explained that this is the regular consumption of Finnish energy drink, Battery.

The recreation room. The office is a relaxed environment where employees are free to work at their own pace (as long as the work gets done!). At the end of the week, the team has their Friday Social, where they chill out on the couch, have some snacks and play a few rounds of games. I jumped in for a round of Trials Evolution with some of the guys and kicked their asses (or maybe they were just being nice).

Remedy's home brew project. Markus reckons the first batch tasted pretty good. They're cooking up the second batch at the moment, and the beer is around 7% strength. They also have a cooking club, apparently

Playing around with the prop shelf.
              Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

Part 2...

By popular demand...the costume rack. Mika explained that most of the clothes come from a local Stockman department store in Helsinki.

No Finnish office building would be complete without a sauna.

One half of the motion capture studio. I wasn't allowed to show you the other half

The reference library for your enjoyment. Have fun trying to find clues

A relatively new addition to the team - Stuart Macdonald (Art Director). Stuart has come across from Rockstar North, having worked on the GTA games.

On the Friday afternoon, the guys were kind enough to take me along to an Ice Hockey game between Canada and Slovakia. During my stay, Helsinki was hosting the International Ice Hockey Championships, so there were plenty of matches being played over the weekend.
                After some shots of Salmiakkikossu (vodka mixed with a salty liquorice syrup), we were all set to enjoy the game

L-R: Ozz, Morry, Jyri "Jay" Ranki (Producer)

We then continued on in to the night, watching the Finland vs Belarus game with other staff members.
                L-R: Kai Auvinen (Animation, Audio and Cinematics Producer), Jarno Wallgrèn (Lead Level Design), Henrik Enqvist (Lead Animation Programmer), Ozz, Ralph Palmer (Secret Agent), Jay

A couple of days later, I caught up with Markus Maki (Chief Technology Officer) and his friend, Ilkka Koho (Futuremark) for a sightseeing flight of the Helsinki area. Markus and I then headed to the local Russian restaurant, Šašlik, and tackled Ivan's Sword.

Finally, after an amazing week in Helsinki, it was time to return home.

I want to thank all of the team at Remedy for their hospitality. I feel honoured to have been given the opportunity to spend time with my favourite developers. Hopefully, I'll return again some day.

If you want to see more photos of the Remedy office, we have had a few other "photo shoots" in the past:
                http://community.remedygames.com/showthread.php?t=7075
                http://community.remedygames.com/showthread.php?t=1888
                Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

Re: Morry heads to Remedy (Now with photos!)

Some great pictures there Morry.

Thanks for sharing them with us

Dam you met Markus

Im jelly
                  Last edited by djshauny1; 05-09-2012, 03:04 AM.

Comment

Oh lol you spent Vappu in Hki? Haha my condolences.

Great pics man. I always enjoy these photo tours there a real treat
                    End of the internets

Comment

That artwork is epic!
                      Team Yu
                      https://twitter.com/#!/TeamYuNeedsYOU
                      http://facebook.com/TeamYu

Comment

Awesome! Just saw this thread. Great pictures and an interesting look at RMD HQ.

Comment

Working...
                        X