Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Origami

Hi everyone.
    You probably know what origami is. The Japanese art of folding paper. You make models out of one square piece of paper without cutting or using glue.

I think it's one of the most interesting hobbies one could have. I spend almost all my free time making origami models. It's always fun.

Talking about origami, the first things that may come to your mind is probably cranes, boats and airplanes. But the world of complex and super-complex models is something else. For example check out this complex model of mine:

So, first of all I want to motivate you to give it a try if you haven't yet. I'd be pleased to provide you with some hints and helps if needed. Believe me, once you make your first detailed model you won't give up. And if you're experienced, that's would be so nice. We can talk and share information.

This is my Youtube channel I've just started >GeneTheWinter Channel<. I would appreciate your comments and supports over there. and below are the rest of the models I've shown so far. I always change the models and modify them.

Dragon in Flight

Tree Frog

Snake Dragon

Fiery Dragon

So, let me know what you think and once again I strongly suggest to start doing this. Soon you get hooked on.
    Origami models on my YouTube: GeneTheWinter

Re: Origami

That's awesome, Gene! Loving those pictures.
    Story Team Manager at Remedy. Like the occasional stupid remark? Follow me on Twitter: @MikkiRMD

Comment

Thanks Mikki. I'm buying a professional camera in the following weeks. I hope I can start making tutorials on some special models which I haven't seen anywhere.

By the way, I'm uploading a video of a super-complex model soon. It's one of the summons of the Final Fantasy series. But which one?

Comment

Bahamut- Divine Dragon

I did some modification on the head, hindlegs and tail to make it more fierce. It's my super-favorite summon from Final Fantasy series. I like it better than any other origami dragons.

Comment

Behold the amazing and never before seen...errr...

Sarah Breaker > Barry Wheeler. Yep, I went there!

Comment

Finally, a folder yugi, did you make it recently because the corners look a little worn out? But anyway, I like how it looks. That's a good piece of paper.

Why don't you try folding a traditional crane. There are lots of tutorials on youtube and it won't take you more than 15 mins. By the way it teaches you one of the basic moves, Petal fold.

You know, some folds are really interesting when you learn them. For example Open sink, Inside reverse, Rabbit ear, Pleat etc. Do a few simple models to learn them and then you can go for more complex ones. So I'm waiting to see your next model.

Comment

Nice! Very good Origamis Gene

I used to make "space ships" when I was a kid... good times... good times
              Alan Wake will be missed, Welcome Quantum Break
              Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense

Comment

Originally posted by Danzaiver View Post
                Nice! Very good Origamis Gene

I used to make "space ships" when I was a kid... good times... good times
                Thanks Danza. Yeah, those space ships, boats and jets were lovely models. Aren't you in the mood to fold something again?

Comment

Violinist

It's got 115 steps which are not very difficult but making a good posture on head, hands and shoulders is the most challenging part of this model. Angles are really important. It's good that my cousin's a violinist. Gave me some good advice.

Comment

You're constantly impressing me with these, Gene.
                    Story Team Manager at Remedy. Like the occasional stupid remark? Follow me on Twitter: @MikkiRMD

Comment

I found this

Comment

Such a talent, that GENE! I love'em all!

Comment

Thanks everyone for your comments. I appreciate it
                          I found this
                          Yeah, it's a beautiful model from Star Wars universe(Jedi Master ). I've never followed Star Wars series and I'm not fond of characters. But maybe I'll try to fold it in sometime later.

Comment

Buddha

A really enjoyable model to fold. The correct form of the palms and fingers could be the most challenging part of this model. Other than those, it's fairly easy and very interesting.

Last edited by GENE_BC; 09-13-2012, 05:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X