Twin Peaks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twin Peaks

So I wasn't sure whether to put this in the Alan wake forums or the general forums so I'm just going to put this here. I was on netflix last night when I noticed that twin peaks was on there and after hearif how it was a big inspiration for Alan wake I had to watch it (note: I've only seen the first 30 minutes of episode 1).

The first thing I noticed was the police station. It looks ripped right out of Alan wake (or vice versa because it came first). It was such a novelty seeing all of the scenery in twin peaks and seeing how similar the two things were. Mind blowing.

Anywho just wanted to share my twin peaks experience, I'm probably going to finish the series on netflix at some point.

Re: Twin Peaks

Originally posted by ShockBox08 View Post
    The first thing I noticed was the police station. It looks ripped right out of Alan wake (or vice versa because it came first). It was such a novelty seeing all of the scenery in twin peaks and seeing how similar the two things were. Mind blowing.
    I've seen the series when it first came out. That seems like ages ago. I could barely remember some of the scenery. When I get the chance, I'll try to watch it again and compare the difference, or rather the similarities, for that matter.

Cheers!

Comment

I rewatched TP millions of times, a big fan of the serial (also I watched the movie "Fire walk with me", that is prequel to the serial, but I advice to watch serial first, and read books: "The Autobiography of F.B.I. Special Agent Dale Cooper: My Life, My Tapes" and "The Secret Diary of Laura Palmer"), and I can say - yeap, there are tones of similar things in comparison with AW, and of course (as writers of AW script said many times) there are borrowings, but not mainly from TP only.
      One of the famous and well-known thing, is that in AW you have to collect coffee thermoses - this is dedication to Agent Cooper's love for black coffee, also big red chair (won't tell you all coz would spoil).
      One thing I would like to ask - don't compare AW as the main source to TP, do it vice versa
      PS. Also, in my signature there's reference to TP also, I added this just after registration on forum I think this is one of the best suspense video work.
      ...the magician longs to see, one chance out between two worlds, Fire Walk With Me
      Support Alan on Metacritic
      raptr friends are needed

Comment

At least Remedy acknowledge TP unlike Swery who refuses to admit he ripped it off as much as he could with Deadly Premonition.
        Team Yu
        https://twitter.com/#!/TeamYuNeedsYOU
        http://facebook.com/TeamYu

Comment

Working...
        X