Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some advice how to deal with an awkward thing?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some advice how to deal with an awkward thing?

A japanese girl came to romania 2 days ago to visit a friend she has here. She's never been to romania before and I went to drive her from the airport. I know her friend but she couldn't come because she had a night shift. So I went to the airport and the plane came at 1:00 AM, she knew I'd be waiting so it wasn't a problem finding her.
    Anyway, we went in the car and started driving. Everything was good, we were talking, she seemed very interested in our culture since she was never outside Japan (talking in english obviously).

The awkward thing happened after a few minutes of driving thru a forest when she said "Do you know that japanese girl that was killed here a few months ago". At that moment I remembered that about 6 months ago a japanese girl was taken from the airport by a guy pretending to be a taxi driver, driven into the woods and raped/tortured/killed. And needless to say I fealt really awkward at that moment since I'm a romanian guy driving an asian girl thru the forest at midnight and she just happens to mention a dead japanese girl.

And I would have kept quiet about it but she quicly realized what I was thinking and started apologizing and then I apologised for making her think I thought that and so on. And it was weird. There was an air of silence all the way to the destination after that. We both tried to start a new conversation but didn't quite work. It wasn't like I was upset or she was upset or anything like that, just that it was weird.

I'm writing this because next week I'm supposed to take her back to the airport and I am a little worried because I don't know if I should mention it again, or let it go ( I'm thinking of letting it go) but what if there is the same awkward feeling again, then should I mention it? I don't quite know.

Re: Some advice how to deal with an awkward thing?

Well, being a male is all about letting it go if you ask me. Just forget about it
    If you are afraid of gaining weight - drink 2 glasses of vine before every meal. Alcohol kills fear...

Comment

It's useful to think of the situation as it was. Awkward, yes, but also pretty miniscule. Neither of you are hurt and you can't go back and fix it, so really, there's nothing to worry about.

Don't bring it up yourself. Just try to talk about different things and keep those conversations going. If she brings it up, tell her it was really no big deal. You know she was just trying to be polite and talk about stuff.

Or you can mess with her and ask if you look like a Japanese serial killer.

Comment

Originally posted by Mirror Peak View Post
        Or you can mess with her and ask if you look like a Japanese serial killer.
        I don't think she would find it funny. I will see her before I have to drive her (I'm in the same circle of friends as her friend and we will hang out) so hopefully it won't be awkward, but yeah, you are right, I won't mention it.

Comment

Neither of you did anything wrong, really. Let it go.
          Avoid fruit and nuts; after all, you are what you eat.
          -Garfield the Cat

Comment

Working...
          X