Xbox reveal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xbox reveal

So obviously the Nextbox reveal is tomorrow and this thread is for everyone's general thoughts. I, personally, went with Sony this generation (although I do own an Xbox) because I'm not a huge shooter fan and they had some really awesome exclusives.

I think where I am now is ps4 but then again tomorrow has yet to come and ill reserve my final judgments until the Xbox conference but I may once again be buying a playstation first. Then again, if Alan wake 2 was announced I'd be torn... Or at least more torn than I was before.

What are you guys going to get first and what do you hope to see at the reveal tmw?

Re: Xbox reveal

You sound confused and the consoles haven't even been displayed. I think I will get both eventually- I have both ps3 and Xbox.. But I do lean more towards Xbox but they are much of a muchness bar exclusives which I believe ps have the better of due to naughty dog.

I'm hoping remedy reveal a new ip, hoping to see some of destiny, and an actual look at the nex Xbox. That's why I felt the ps3 event was such a let down.. They didn't even show it. A smaller more dynamic controller has to be on the cards too
    How can I miss you? If you never go away....

Comment

I dont want a new IP. I want AW2, like many, many others.
      Watch out. The gap in the door... It's a seperate reality... The only me is me... Are you sure the only you is you?

Comment

Originally posted by Fabregasgunner View Post
        You sound confused and the consoles haven't even been displayed. I think I will get both eventually- I have both ps3 and Xbox.. But I do lean more towards Xbox but they are much of a muchness bar exclusives which I believe ps have the better of due to naughty dog.

I'm hoping remedy reveal a new ip, hoping to see some of destiny, and an actual look at the nex Xbox. That's why I felt the ps3 event was such a let down.. They didn't even show it. A smaller more dynamic controller has to be on the cards too

How am I confused? Xbox's reveal is tomorrow. Sony already had theirs. Since when does seeing what a console look like determine the factor for if you buy it or not? Sony sold me on their exclusive lineup alone. I'm saying that for Xbox to have my vote they'd have to bring the big guns and a way they could do that is by showing off Alan Wake 2 along with a whole bevy of exclusives. Games and power of the system should always be the priority, not what a console looks like.

Comment

As an owner of Xbox 360, I'll buy the new Xbox. Not because I don't like Sony (but I don't like the controller though) - just because I worked on 2 next-gen exclusives and I believe one of them will be announced tomorrow (if the plans were not changed). This may even be day 1 purchase if I manage to sell all my sealed Xbox 360 games and finish those I really want to finish (quite a lot of these are left + more will be released later this year). If not - might just sell the console with all left games. No point in leaving 2 consoles or buying both new ones - I don't play much (sometimes a few hours per month).

I'm expecting to see the new Kinect. The current one was bought the first day it came. I enjoyed it for a couple of months, but then got bored. Microsoft just doesn't get that mini games are more fun. All those huge games (like Rise of Nightmares) are not fun since standing for hours just gets exhausted and boring, so I hope to see the new Kinect with some good games announced. At least I have't used mine for around 1 year, so need some freshness.

Also want to see that IllumiRoom. Doubt it will be released along with the console, but that's something I want to get.
          If you are afraid of gaining weight - drink 2 glasses of vine before every meal. Alcohol kills fear...

Comment

Originally posted by ShockBox08 View Post
            How am I confused? Xbox's reveal is tomorrow. Sony already had theirs. Since when does seeing what a console look like determine the factor for if you buy it or not? Games and power of the system should always be the priority, not what a console looks like.
            Well you would never buy a car never having seen it, tried it out. They can tell you all the specs they want but not seeing what it is you want to buy is just poor sales man ship. With any joy Xbox shows the console today.

So far for me a new console will sell the most via exclusives. Destiny should have been Xbox exclusive and would have put it on the map but now it's multi-platform Microsoft have lost an edge there.

I too would love a new Alan wake but IMO it will be a new IP, Alan wakes a cult classic and since developers live in a world where they live on sales I can only see it being a new IP. To iterate though if it was Alan wake 2 It would was the new Xbox a must buy!
            How can I miss you? If you never go away....

Comment

I am going to restrain myself for as long as possible to buy any of the next gen consoles. Being back on a powerful PC, there's just no comparison. This is so much better in every way. And this from a guy that have all previous gen consoles.

The only thing that is going to get me to buy any (if not all) of the next gen consoles, are exclusive titles. And of course, a possible new Alan Wake-game is a deciding factor in how quickly I am going to acquire the XBox (as I suspect it will remain exclusive to the XBox - though a PC release would certainly put a damper on that plan again).

In other words? I'll just wait and see. It all depends on the games, rather than the consoles themselves.
              "So, where shouldn't I go so that I don't turn the power back on, accidentally?"

Comment

Originally posted by Fabregasgunner View Post
                Well you would never buy a car never having seen it, tried it out. They can tell you all the specs they want but not seeing what it is you want to buy is just poor sales man ship
                But that's exactly how you buy a console or even games for that matter. The company reveals it, shows off their games, gets media coverage, and if you like it then you go to the store to pick it up.

You don't get a "test run" with a console. A console isn't a car. Even demos or booths at various shopping stores are misleading. What you're playing is what the company has deemed acceptable to show.

Comment

And MausRMD spotted...
                  Who knows.
                  KATAKOMB - Upcoming horror game by me

Comment

REMEDY mentioned. Oh my god.

Comment

Amazing. I'd never have thought of a completely new franchise from Remedy. Sounds and looks awesome. I cannot wait for more information!

Comment

Quantum Break? New IP from Remedy? I'm shocked.
                        End of the internets

Comment

Gutted no Alan Wake 2 announced, but looking forward to Quantum Break, this developer won't let us down, quality across the board, the best of luck Remedy, and kudos on being so highlighted within the Xbox reveal tonight.

Alan Wake 2 within 12 months though please.
                          Shane: Editor-in-Chief - GameScares.com - (now offline)

Comment

Remedy
                            I'm disappointed and sad.

Comment

C'mon, we don't know anything yet! Calm down!

Comment

Working...
                              X