X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ShockBox08
    started a topic Xbox reveal

Xbox reveal

So obviously the Nextbox reveal is tomorrow and this thread is for everyone's general thoughts. I, personally, went with Sony this generation (although I do own an Xbox) because I'm not a huge shooter fan and they had some really awesome exclusives.

I think where I am now is ps4 but then again tomorrow has yet to come and ill reserve my final judgments until the Xbox conference but I may once again be buying a playstation first. Then again, if Alan wake 2 was announced I'd be torn... Or at least more torn than I was before.

What are you guys going to get first and what do you hope to see at the reveal tmw?

• 3APA3HO
    replied
    Re: Xbox reveal

Originally posted by Kitt View Post
    Oh dear... It looks like the XBox One will only be playable in this list of 21 countries. TannosukeGR won't be happy...
    Same story with me I'll keep my X360 and buy PS4 due to incredible stupidity of Microsoft. I was OK with the used games policy even though I sell my games once finished. But 21 countries made me change my mind.

Leave a comment:

• Ruuttu
    replied

I'm not a console guy, but just watching from the sidelines I have to get a bit pissed at Microsoft by now. I don't know enough about the console market but it would seem to me like only very few people would buy that darned thing. I can't see why anyone would choose it over the PS4. I suppose if you really like Kinect and all that TV stuff (and I think very few do), but even then it seems like a tough sell. Everything is wrong and then it even costs more.

I wouldn't care if Microsoft goes bankrupt but I want the game to succeed.

Leave a comment:

• Kitt
    replied

Oh dear... It looks like the XBox One will only be playable in this list of 21 countries. TannosukeGR won't be happy...

Leave a comment:

• JackMarco
    replied

This pretty much sums up my thoughts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=9ekOtn7L1N0

Leave a comment:

• 3APA3HO
    replied

Xbox One announcement thoughts from me if anyone cares (you can find me in Alan Wake 2 and American Nightmare credits by the way):

Da good:
    1. No kids playing Kinect games. But I'm sure E3 will have tons of this stuff...
    2. Great controller. Was afraid to see something ugly like Sony did.
    3. Skype at last.
    4. Kinect looks nice.
    5. 15 exclusives to be released during the first year. Doubt though Kinect game are not in that list.
    6. Remedy's game (obviously), Forza 5.

Da bad:
    1. No used games? Sorry, but if that leave this as Major Nelson stated - not many people will buy it. Sure I want to play Remedy's new game, but not worth spending 500 EUR just on a few exclusives that you can't resell. Newer sold Alan Wake, but sell the majority of my games. Not because I need money or something, but even now I have ~20 sealed Xbox 360 games. Hopefully, I'll play them all and sell. Why? Because who needs something which takes space, gathers dust and never be used again? And Microsoft might not realize that people buy used games since they can't afford those at full price. But even people buying new games sometimes buy used ones - those that are average and mediocre and not worth investing into (like Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2), but worth looking at. This anti-used policy will not only make people buying used games not buy them - they just won't buy the new console.
    2. The console looks a bit like a old VHS player. Could have been worse and not important for me (my Xbox is quite hidden too), but many people will find it ugly.
    3. That wasn't a console announcement - was more like a movie/TV box announcement.
    4. Call of Duty. Not only I'm sick of that franchise - I laughed my ass off when they compared MW3 dog model to the new one. Guys, if you couldn't model and texture well - new hardware wasn't a solution. And those characters were unimpressive - if you open any character from Alan Wake in 3ds Max with source PSDs assigned - he/she'll look pretty-much the same.
    5. EA Sports.

Leave a comment:

• ShockBox08
    replied

Tweet from Sam lake "[MENTION=27897]SamLakeRMD[/MENTION]: Remedy’s next big game won’t be Alan Wake 2. We’ll return to Wake when the time is right. More on this tomorrow."

Leave a comment:

• ShockBox08
    replied

Hmm. I'm interested in quantum break but ill have to see more of it. Sad there was no Alan wake 2. Overall I'm not too impressed by their xbox one reveal. Their treatment of used games kind of bugs me too. Ahh well they still have E3 to blow me away.

Leave a comment:

• AnttiApina
    replied

Very interesting... No Alan Wake 2 then?

I don't really know what the reasoning behind this was.
    It's certainly risky, but at the same time it's something completely fresh!

Would've hoped a bit more gameplay footage, but the little footage there was, looked pretty good.

Who knows, perhaps Alan Wake makes a cameo.

Ayway, I am hoping to hear more at E3!

Good job Remedy!

Leave a comment:

• Stammy
    replied

No Alan Wake 2? Still haven't seen Quantum Break trailer(?) but looking forward to it.

Leave a comment:

• Ruuttu
    replied

C'mon, we don't know anything yet! Calm down!

Leave a comment:

• FallenCoffee
    replied

Remedy
    I'm disappointed and sad.

Leave a comment:

• GameScares
    replied

Gutted no Alan Wake 2 announced, but looking forward to Quantum Break, this developer won't let us down, quality across the board, the best of luck Remedy, and kudos on being so highlighted within the Xbox reveal tonight.

Alan Wake 2 within 12 months though please.

Leave a comment:

• jkler
    replied

Quantum Break? New IP from Remedy? I'm shocked.

Leave a comment:

• chrizzl0r
    replied

Amazing. I'd never have thought of a completely new franchise from Remedy. Sounds and looks awesome. I cannot wait for more information!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X