Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Were Remedy Employees on House Hunters International?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Were Remedy Employees on House Hunters International?

Last night I caught an episode of House Hunters International on HGTV. A guy named Matthew and his significant other were in the process of moving from San Fransisco to Finland, and they wanted to find an apartment near Helsinki because Matthew had just gotten a job working for an unnamed video game company in Espoo.

Game design company in Espoo, Finland...is that Remedy? I kept watching the episode as sharply as I could hoping to see any confirmation of Matthew's workplace, like footage of him working on Alan Wake or Quantum Break, but I don't think they showed him at work. I also didn't notice any recognizable remedy guys during the episode's obligatory house warming party at the end, but even I have to admit I don't know EVERYONE at remedy by face, just a few.

Does Matthew work for Remedy?

Re: Were Remedy Employees on House Hunters International?

There's a bunch of game studios in Finland near Helsinki. Rovio is located in Espoo as well, and probably a lot of small studios, since business space is a lot cheaper in Espoo than in Helsinki.
    The "Alan Wake development history" fanatic strikes again!

Comment

We don't have anybody named Matthew on staff. The gaming industry in Finland is in the middle of a pretty big boom right now, though; I can think of a dozen companies off the top of my head that might have hired him.
      Story Team Manager at Remedy. Like the occasional stupid remark? Follow me on Twitter: @MikkiRMD

Comment

I saw that episode, too. I think they ended up with a pretty good choice of location.
        The transition would be interesting for them. I would love to see a follow-up after they go through their first winter. Coming from San Francisco, the climate change would be tough.
        Remedy's currently known projects:
        Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

Working...
        X