You Favourite Horror Film

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You Favourite Horror Film

Heheh, well, now I'm spamming this forum I might as well theme it.

So, 'fess up. You fave horror movie is...

... well, for me, it's a real toss up between several movies. Hallowe'en for photography and artwork, Alien for concept and acting and Evil Dead 2 for mixing horror and comedy to brilliant effect, with groundbreaking FX work.

Special shouts go to The Thing for making me want to vomit and The Mothman Prophecies for stopping me for sleeping for weeks (that mirror shot). I'm sure there's more but you can jolt my memory.
    Listen up you primitive apes! See this? *This* is my *boom stick*!

Re: You Favourite Horror Film

The Shining has to be my all time favourite. Jack Nicholson's performance was brilliant and the hotel was so creepy!
    Dawn of the Dead (new version) was the best zombie movie i've seen in a few years.
    I agree with The Thing. The first time I saw that was when it popped up on tv at night one time. I was glued to the tv from the first scene.
    Shaun of the Dead gets the award for Funniest Horror Movie
    Remedy's currently known projects:
    Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

I agree with you, with shining. This movie is so phantastic, i canīt describe it. And we must watch at the year, when the movie was shot. In the later 80īs, but there are so much horror-atmosphere and great actors, that donīt let show the year of shot. Other Horror-Movies they i like are Amityville Horror (No one dies ! ), Childīs Play (1-5) and Nightmare on Elm Street. But there are so much more, to much time to write down :-) . Greetz FD

Comment

I vote for The shining also. I love horror movies where ordinary people are/go evil, monsters/zombies are not my thing.

Comment

I used to like the Halloween movies with white mask killer, but now, I'm more interesting in supernatural horror movies with spirits and such. The worst horror movie I have seen was the grudge. One of my all time favorites are Amityville movies. There's an Amityville horror movie that is still in theaters that I didn't see yet.
          "You know the world is going crazy when the three most powerful men in America are named 'Bush', 'Dick', and 'Colon'"-Chris Rock gt: jared1409

Comment

I saw the Shining far too late in life (for some odd reason), and as it's been so parodied... it didn't frighten me a bit. Loved the ambience and artistry though.

@jared - Amytiville remake was one of the worst movies I've seen in recent years. It begins really effectively and drops off towards the end. Shame, I was really looking forward to seeing it.

Comment

"Evil Dead I" and Old version of "Rise of the Dead"...

Comment

They're remaking Evil Dead. But then, Evil Dead 2 was a remake of Evil Dead. I can't see the point in it myself, but if it keeps Sam Raimi happy...

Comment

I loved Saw... movies don't get to me that much anymore, but this was one of the few that did.
                  http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y82...aimsig30fu.gif

Comment

I agree with SAW, it's a classic.
                    The storyline and twists are excellent!!!

(didn't think much of the shining though, mind you, that's probably because I only saw it a couple of weeks a go)
                    He writes a book inspired by his nightmares but something goes horribly wrong
                    His nightmares start to come true
                    Now light is his only ally

When night falls they come for him

Comment

Originally posted by Squarejawhero
                      They're remaking Evil Dead. But then, Evil Dead 2 was a remake of Evil Dead. I can't see the point in it myself, but if it keeps Sam Raimi happy...
                      Will Bruce be the starring role? If not I will be very dissappointed.

The Thing remains, to this day, the only movie that has ever scared me enough to not finish, of course, I was twelve at the time. I have since finished it and I love it. Saw, horror, maybe not, superb, yes. (in concept and underlying plot, anyway)

Comment

Eraserhead, it's my favorite film.

Comment

i like more a psychological horror.not the zombies,ghosts and monsters.they not scary me.
                          I like the ring for its visuals, kubrick shining was great.athmospere for the village.
                          Roman Polanski's terrifying movies is also great.
                          Bright Falls: There must be some kind of way out of here.

Comment

There are so many. I can't name one that's my favorite, so I'll just name one of those that I like. First one that comes to mind right now is Clive Barker’s Nightbreed.

If we broaden the genre and add a bit of comedy then I would probably say Braindead.

[/FONT]

Comment

Shinning was good, but I saw it after reading the book, so as usual I was pretty deceived... My vote would go to the Thing, tho I didn't really see so much horror movies...

Comment

Working...
                              X