Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X-Files 2 movie info

Hot off the press: http://movies.ign.com/articles/854/854524p1.html

Carter went on to confirm that Mark Snow would be scoring the film and that actress Amanda Peet would be playing a Special Agent in Charge named Dakota Whitney. Billy Connelly, who was glimpsed quickly in a teaser that was screened with blood dripping out of his eyes, "plays a man with really long hair," noted Carter cryptically.
    Perhaps what fans are most excited about is the idea that the film would be a standalone story (these kinds of episodes were widely popular during the series' run) rather than tie into the rather convoluted alien invasion mythology created by the show.

"When we did the first movie we had an ongoing TV series," said Carter. "So we had to be true to the series and the mythology arc. And so that movie functioned as actually sort of a big version of the television series. We didn't have that problem this time. So we have a chance to do what I would consider to be a really big screen standalone movie."
    Good to hear cuz I'd actually prefer a stand-alone case. I admit I got lost somewhat with the alien invasion black oil story arc, and most of my memories stem from individual episodes like the man in the vent and the bleeping MIB one and the circus freaks and Scully going insane from TV broadcasts and Tooms and the Lone Gunmen.
    Mirrors are more fun than Television

Re: X-Files 2 movie info

It was known from the beginning that it'll be a stand alone. I would prefer a continue to the last episode, but I'll admit "Amanda Peet" + "Billy Connely with really long hair and blood dripping from his eyes" sounds interesting. I just hope they leave a cliffhanger about The CSM / The Syndicate / The Aliens. Otherwise its kinda like when Stewie shot his mother and it turned out it was a simulation... a giant middle finger to everybody... but it was cool on Family Guy.

Comment

i loved the whole stewie finaly killing his mother, although i think it would have been good if they actualy had killed her and then the next episode she was not in it for the 1st 10minutes, then she comes back on, and nobody even notices what happens, and then the episode after that it explains that stewie actulay killed her clone or somthing, but that owuld be cheesy

Comment

I eagerly await this.
        ~+Impure Thoughts, Unethical Movements, A Shifting of the Soul into the Deeper Darker Secrets+~

Comment

The name is.......The X-Files: I Want to Believe

...So do I

Comment

X-Files trailer has been released. Felt too ‘Lord of the Rings’ style to me, but that’s not enough to dissuade me from being most excited for the movie. Luckily David and Gillian have aged well.

It may sound strange, but for the longest time X-Files was a family event on Sunday nights, especially for mum and I.
            Last edited by Raveness; 05-13-2008, 02:54 AM.

Comment

Yeah I can't wait for this movie, I recently got into The X-files.
              This year has all the films i need: The Dark Knight, Indy 4, X files, and Max Payne!
              You've been watching too much X-Files.

Comment

2nd X-Files trailer released today, with ten times the Billy Connolly action

Comment

I sure love to watch Amanda Peet on xfile 2 movie... hope she played her part well..

Comment

Working...
                  X