"Klaatu barada nikto!!"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Klaatu barada nikto!!"

Shooting of the film The Day the Earth Stood Still began in Vancouver last December. This update of the 1951 scifi classic will star Keanu Reeves as Klaatu (below right) and Jennifer Connelly as Helen Benson. Little else is known at this time except that its main message has shifted from pacifism to environmentalism and it will be released this December.

The 1951 version has been considered so important that it was selected for preservation in the United States National Film Registry for being "culturally, historically or aesthetically significant." The late Arthur C. Clarke even ranked the original film above Kubrick's 2001: A Space Odyssey. So, this relatively new director, Scott Derrickson, has quite a legacy to uphold.

I'm looking forward to this remake. Let's hope that when Keanu relays to Jennifer the immortal phrase "klaatu barada nikto" this December that he manages to avert both planetary and box office catastophes.

Re: "Klaatu barada nikto!!"

The Title mislead me into believing that the thread is about a deadity asskicking shop-assistant... well lets hope that at least Keanu can remember the words correctly (klaatu barada n*cough*).

Comment

Originally posted by Johns View Post
      ...well lets hope that at least Keanu can remember the words correctly (klaatu barada n*cough*).
      We can expect more of these => http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZzO-nr4tSU

Comment

Mirrors are more fun than Television

Comment

Ugh. This better not suck. The original is one of my favorite sci-fi movies and now that you mention it, I'm not sure I'll piss my pants for the right reason when Keanu utters "klaatu barada nikto"...

Comment

Working...
          X