Stan Winstonís movie magic no more

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stan Winstonís movie magic no more

Bad news. Stan Winston, who created and infused life into so many iconic movie characters, monsters, and heroes, has passed away: http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/06/16/stan-winston-died/

I personally owe hundreds, if not thousands, of hours of my life to enjoying his awesome creations on the big screen, oneís that I debated, scrutinized, and fell in love with.

Whenever his faced popped-up in a documentary or featurette, I would listen intently, amazed by his crafting and his enthusiasm. Who wouldnít be, knowing what vivid creatures were to unfold.

A genius of his caliber comes along rarely. You will be missed Stan. Thanks for breathing life into some of the greatest science fiction ideaís of our time.
    Mirrors are more fun than Television

Re: Stan Winstonís movie magic no more

End of an era.

He was one of the last few to fight for better and more realistic animatronics rather than CG effects, though he did use the latter in a very unnoticeable way (which is what you want) to compliment his arsenal.
    ~+Impure Thoughts, Unethical Movements, A Shifting of the Soul into the Deeper Darker Secrets+~

Comment

Re: Stan Winstonís movie magic no more

Aint it Cool News has posted up fond memories and tributes from Stan’s close friends and colleagues, notably the great James Cameron, Frank Darabont, John Dante, to name a few.
      Mirrors are more fun than Television

Comment

Working...
      X