• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Jackson dies, aged 50

Michael Jackson is dead.

Re: 10000+ Post topic!

Originally posted by shorty View Post
    Michael Jackson is dead.
    Yeah such a shame, he was truly influential to music and a brilliant performer. I was hoping I would get the chance to see him live as I missed out when he was in Perth in 1996.

Comment

its a shame losing a music legend such as elvis, 2pac and bob marley. i heard he died from cardiac arrest..
      "I Knocked So Much Teeth Out The Tooth Fairy Went Bankrupt" -Big L

Comment

R.I.P.

He was great man.
        the shadows rushed me, bruised mug-shot faces hungry for revenge. They knew my weak spots and closed in for the kill. Just a dream.

Comment

Well, too bad. But I can't say I'm sad about it.
          He's partly responsible for the shitty music scene we have nowadays.

Now let's see how long it takes people to come up with conspiracy theories.
          Open up the broken cup
          Let goodly sin and sunshine in

Comment

Originally posted by One Eyed Jack View Post
            I'm sorry, but that's a pretty ****in' stupid thing to say. If there's any reason to not be sad, it's that he possibly molested a few young children, not because you think Michael Jackson fans aren't making good music. Just sayin'.
            Last edited by pocketbannana; 06-27-2009, 12:15 AM.
            NEVER FORGET
            Jonathan "Maddieman" Hallier;
            5/13/05 - 5/4/10, 5/21/10 -

Comment

Originally posted by One Eyed Jack View Post

Now let's see how long it takes people to come up with conspiracy theories.
              I think it's fair to say that he made music that was, at the least, accepted by most music listeners as being fairly good.

Everything else that happened outside the music is just the dark side of fame. Given the last 10 years of his life, a conspiracy theory wouldn't make any sense.
              Remedy's currently known projects:
              Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

Michael Jackson has sold over 750 million records worldwide. That makes him the fourth most successful music artist of all time.

Either someone has manipulated many people in those days OR he is actually good.

I would go for the last one. I mean, he has made history.. He is one of the few who has gotten his name on the rock and roll hall of fame twice.

He has given music a lot(good and bad stuff) I think.

It's too bad that he has gotten bad publicity to his name. I have nothing more to say to these things that I personally believe that people can't really judge someone, because the don't know him/her. Even Michael's closests reletives, his own family, don't know him through and through. No one might not know what he has gone through.

In any case:

Great man, R.I.P Michael Jackson
                Last edited by Zhinarkos; 06-27-2009, 08:48 AM.
                We are what we choose to be, not what we want to be

Comment

Michael Jackson was one of the best artist in this world. Maybe it depends on your culture if you like him or not, but he was a really good person, I don't think the molesting stuff were real, he was never found guilty so who knows.

And come on guys Thriller is a bad-ass song!
                  Alan Wake will be missed, Welcome Quantum Break
                  Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense

Comment

Re: Michael Jackson dies, aged 50

MJ has a lot of my respect and appreciation for what he's done in music. He was an excellent performer(he raised the bar on performance, eveyone else mimiced him - although, it was James Brown that influenced him).

His coreography was exceptional, and his music was sometimes brilliant.

RIP MJ.

Comment

He truly was an amazing performer and artist and it's a shame that he died so young. I really would have liked to see him for the last time performing his hits to the world and showing why he still is the King of the pop. Guess that nothing good lasts forever tho

One thing that is really exceptional in his music is the variety of people who liked it; no matter what gender you were or how old or young you were it fascinated people from all over the world. This is a thing where only a few artists have accomplished in my opinion.

I still remember the day when I saw Smooth Criminal -video for the first time. That's what I call a true piece of art.

RIP MJ!
                      Last edited by Piiska; 06-27-2009, 06:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pocketbannana View Post
                        I'm sorry, but that's a pretty ****in' stupid thing to say. If there's any reason to not be sad, it's that he possibly molested a few young children, not because you think Michael Jackson fans aren't making good music. Just sayin'.
                        I'm not talking about his music per se, more about the way he presented and sold it and the influence that had on the music business later on.
                        I like some of his music. Beat It is a kickass song, but I have certain principles that I stick to.
                        But that's just the way I see it.
                        Open up the broken cup
                        Let goodly sin and sunshine in

Comment

Originally posted by shorty View Post
                          Michael Jackson is dead.
                          I can't make a view, I never liked his music, or followed him, did he touch little kids? I don't know...maybe he did, maybe he didn't....I have no feelings on this subject
                          Reformed Max Payne 3 basher
                          Loving Max Payne 3 since Edge's Cover 2011

Comment

How could you not have liked michael jackson's music? The whole concept seems foreign to me.
                            NEVER FORGET
                            Jonathan "Maddieman" Hallier;
                            5/13/05 - 5/4/10, 5/21/10 -

Comment

Originally posted by pocketbannana View Post
                              How could you not have liked michael jackson's music? The whole concept seems foreign to me.
                              I grew up in a different era, I grew up NOT listening to music, my music interests now aren't his genre...all I grew up with when he was around was him in court constantly molesting people
                              Reformed Max Payne 3 basher
                              Loving Max Payne 3 since Edge's Cover 2011

Comment

Working...
                              X