What the?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the?

I was jsut watching Revenge of the Sith and It hit me when I realised that the droids voice has changed, I was young when I first saw this back in 2005 so it never occured to me the change...

But now watching it, what the flying **** was George Lucas thinking when he changed the cool cold robotic voice of the droids into some retard kid sounding voice?
    Reformed Max Payne 3 basher
    Loving Max Payne 3 since Edge's Cover 2011

Re: What the?

Lucas doesn't think. The man has dollar notes for brains.
    Open up the broken cup
    Let goodly sin and sunshine in

Comment

He was thinking the same thing when he changed Boba Fett's voice to a New Zealander accent.
      Remedy's currently known projects:
      Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

The Prequels feel more like Cash bringing than actual story commitement

It's like now, I've joined up to StarWars.com and all the time I get emails about them recycling old stuff to get more money and viewers...just make new stuff! where's that Live TV series he talked about? the animated one was poor

Comment

Seriously, I think Star Wars has overstayed its welcome long ago.
          6 movies, 2 animated series, a hundred books, 50 videogames, merchandising, all kinds of spin offs,...

Lucas should have been a farmer.
          Open up the broken cup

Comment

Its not Star Wars that is the problem, it's Lucas and his "vision" that keeps trying to change it away from what it was in the Original Trilogy.
            What they really need, is a director who knows that the real audience were the ones who lined up outside those cinemas in 1977, 1980 and 1983.
            Remedy's currently known projects:
            Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Morry View Post
              Its not Star Wars that is the problem, it's Lucas and his "vision" that keeps trying to change it away from what it was in the Original Trilogy.
              What they really need, is a director who knows that the real audience were the ones who lined up outside those cinemas in 1977, 1980 and 1983.
              I like the Prequel trilogy but then changing over to the original it feels different, my mate said it's because there's a 20 year gap between the 2 and you don't see the 70's and the 90's looking the same...fair point I suppose but that still doesn't mean you can harm peoples nostalgic memories....

I'm feeling now with Max Payne 3 what 30 year fans of the original trilogy felt sitting there in 1999 thinking they were in for a good ride

Comment

The thing that bugs me about Lucas is that he hasn't really directed anything other than Star Wars since Star Wars. Anyone remember American Graffiti? It's a good film, why couldn't he do more regular movies like that?

That's not to say he hasn't been involved in the writing and production of a lot of decent projects (e.g. Indiana Jones), and where would we be without LucasArts; but when it comes to direction, it's only been Star Wars...

I don't get to use this smiley much, so here it is:

Comment

Originally posted by Maddieman View Post
                  That's not to say he hasn't been involved in the writing and production of a lot of decent projects (e.g. Indiana Jones)
                  Yeah, and we all know how that ended. Nuking the fridge.

But really, do you really want more Star Wars? Even if it could potentially be good? There's a certain limit to a story in my opinion . Even if it's set in a universe as rich as this one. That cow has been milked, butchered and eaten and all that's left are a couple of bones that Lucas throws at us once in a while.
                  I'd rather watch Galactica's four seasons again.
                  Open up the broken cup

Comment

Working...
                  X