Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twin Peaks

Hey all,

I started reading a bit more about Alan Wake this afternoon, after searching around on EB's site for upcoming 360 games. I remember reading a few bullets about the game on other websites, but never payed much attention to it. I'm quite glad I stumbled across it, it looks great!

In any case, it got me thinking about going back and watching the old Twin Peaks series. It looks like season 1 is available on DVD, as well as Fire Walk With Me; however season 2 and the pilot seem to be much harder to come by. Does anyone have any info on the availability of season 2 or the pilot episode (which is not included with the season 1 set) for DVD?

Thanks!

Re: Twin Peaks

Supposedly Season 2 is in planning to be released on DVD.. have no idea on the Pilot episode, I don't know why they decided to leave it out of Season 1.

It was a very stupid mistake. I know that there were some legal problems with releasing the titles but that got cleared up a couple of months ago (which is why FWWM is now being released again on DVD), so it's a good chance the rest will be released as well.

Comment

I hope so. Twin Peaks is the best damn series ever to have come on TV.
      "So, where shouldn't I go so that I don't turn the power back on, accidentally?"

Comment

It WAS good BUT!! it lost it's touch about half way through Season 2. It should of ended when they found out that that guy was .. that person.

I would say more but I want to limit the spoilers. Damn we need a spoiler tag (gets to work on it ).

Comment

I get that twin peaks season 1 tomorrow maybe.
          Hope that is so good what i thing.

My friend said season 2 was not good and series quit because people wasn't liked it.
          Anyway,it's interesting start watching that famous series from dvd!!!
          Bright Falls: There must be some kind of way out of here.

Comment

There are two seasons? Where did season one end?
            "So, where shouldn't I go so that I don't turn the power back on, accidentally?"

Comment

i heard there are.My twin peaks,what i order didn't came today what i do now in weekend?
              Bright Falls: There must be some kind of way out of here.

Comment

Originally posted by ADM
                Supposedly Season 2 is in planning to be released on DVD.. have no idea on the Pilot episode, I don't know why they decided to leave it out of Season 1.
                How strange but the swedish version of Twin Peaks Season 1 has all the episodes including the pilot.

Comment

I never watched Twin Peaks when it originally aired, but I've been watching it online.

I like it so much that I'm buying the complete series on DVD. I even changed my XBL gamertag and avatar to reflect how much of a Twin Peaks fan I am.

I wouldn't even know about Twin Peaks if it wasn't for Alan Wake.
                  "For he did not know that beyond the lake he called home lies a deeper, darker ocean green, where waves are both wilder and more serene. To its ports I've been. To its ports I've been."

Comment

Yeah I never really payed attention to it when it first was on TV, my mom was a big fan(also a fan of King) and when I was older I checked it out, it's been ages since iI watched it though so i've been watching the eps online off and on.

If I had the money I'd get the set but I don't yet....and i'd get a bookhouse boys patch for my coat too. lol
                    AIM/GT: BxB402 "Super perfundo on the early eve of your day."

Comment

Well, I just finished watching Twin Peaks in it's entirety. All in all, I was very much impressed. Twin Peaks is a show that I'll never forget.

The last episode will haunt me forever. If the Black Lodge was real, I'd never want to go there. EVER.

Also, the scene at the very end of the series, I won't say what to avoid spoilers, was the sole influence for the final scene in one of my favorite games of all time, Condemned : Criminal Origins.
                      "For he did not know that beyond the lake he called home lies a deeper, darker ocean green, where waves are both wilder and more serene. To its ports I've been. To its ports I've been."

Comment

Originally posted by Mendicant_Bias View Post
                        Also, the scene at the very end of the series, I won't say what to avoid spoilers, was the sole influence for the final scene in one of my favorite games of all time, Condemned : Criminal Origins.
                        I never made that connection, but now that you mention it. It's very similar.
                        Open up the broken cup
                        Let goodly sin and sunshine in

Comment

Twin Peaks is so awesome that I want to watch it everytime I think about it.

Damn, I need this series on DVD, but the box is so expensive

That gum you like is going to come back in style
                          and there's always music in the air

Comment

Ok, first Iīm 29, watched all episodes from "The X-Files" more than once and Iīm loving "LOST" from start to finish (soon!). I would say about me that I have a good knowledge of movies and tv-series!

With Alan Wake only a week away, I started to watch Twin Peaks. I never saw it before. I know thereīs a huge fanbase and Twin Peaks was (besides X-Files and Lost) a great influence for Remedy and AW!

I watched the pilot-movie yesterday and episodes 1 and 2 today.
                            My question now is: Can somebody explain this **** to me?
                            I always thought, Twin Peaks would be MYSTERY - but all I can see here is some bad-acted COMEDY!
                            Some of my complaints:
                            - Actors are incredibly bad. Nobody seems to know his role and how to play it.
                            - Every 2 minutes someone makes a joke (Cooper) but itīs so bad - Iīd rather roll eyes then laugh!
                            - In nearly 4 hours that I watched now, thereīs only that goddam single piece of music playing. No matter if the sceneīs sad, suspenseful or funny - always that one boring track.
                            - The German dubbing is awful

I could go on like this... but you know what i mean, do you?! Ok, I get it so far: Every Character in Twin Peaks has itīs own struggle and in the end everything comes together.
                            But for a mystery-show itīs waaaaaay to slow and boring.
                            I read the wikipedia-entry for Twin Peaks and learned, that everything becomes more supernatural in the 2nd season. But from what I can tell - itīs not mystery, nor horror or suspense - itīs crazy!

I will try the next 2 episodes later this evening but when it wonīt become more.... serious or honest (or whatever itīs called in English) I will skip Twin Peaks and hope that the most influence for Alan Wake came from X-Files and Lost!

Comment

I seriously hope that you're joking.

You're judging the acting talent of the original cast while listening to a German dub? I don't doubt that a whole lot is lost in translation -- just listen to the original English audio with subtitles!

If you find it slow and boring, then I can't help but think that you may be better off just watching Transformers 2 or something. Boasting about how much you like The X-Files and Lost doesn't exactly show you to be any sort of highly-cultured person.

Comment

Working...
                              X