Twin Peaks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Twin Peaks

Well, acting isnīt just talking you know.... and that Kyle McLachlan isnīt a very good actor (my opinion!) can be seen every week in Desperate Housewives!
    I just thought that the recurring "jokes" in Twin Peaks (coffee, donuts...) are wether funny or original. And Lynch seems to forget about the 3-times-rule: Never do the same joke more than 3 times before it gets boring to the audience!
    And no matter how good Angelo Badalamenti is - you need more than just one track to make the audience react emotionally to a story!

And the fact that Iīm not one of those pseudointellectual "Peaks-Freaks" doesnīt mean that I like such action-crap like Transformers 2!

With my words about The X-Files and Lost I just wanted to show that I know pretty well what ingredients a MYSTERY-TV-show should have! I would NEVER say that ANYONE can call himself "highly-cultured" because he knows some TV-Shows well!

I just wanted to tell my first impressions of Twin Peaks and asked if someone could explain me the "mystery" behind it!

But Iīm sorry if I hurted some Lynch- or Remedy-fanboys!

Comment

Acting isn't just talking, I do know, but the talking itself -- including all of its nuances: tone, emphasis, speed, phrasing, etc -- can be very important, and I don't believe that some dubbing actor will be able to pull these off.

I don't think the things that you point out are really jokes per-say, but merely devices to show Cooper's quirky character, and to provide some balance to some of the darker themes. These aren't intended to have you guffawing in your chair.

I agree with you about overuse of some tracks.

I think it's also wrong to judge a show by other shows. Maybe your problem is that you're watching Twin Peaks and expecting it to be just like Lost or The X-Files, simply based on some rather arbitrary classification.

Yes, maybe I was a little rude in my initial post, but I stand by what I said. Stay away from those dubs.

Comment

I loved acting on Twin Peaks for the most parts. Its little different from a typical TV show and its great.

Comment

I should really watch Twin Peaks.

Comment

I have recently started re-watching Twin Peaks.

Awesomeness!
            "So, where shouldn't I go so that I don't turn the power back on, accidentally?"

Comment

Originally posted by uroboros1981 View Post
              Well, acting isnīt just talking you know.... and that Kyle McLachlan isnīt a very good actor (my opinion!) can be seen every week in Desperate Housewives!
              I just thought that the recurring "jokes" in Twin Peaks (coffee, donuts...) are wether funny or original. And Lynch seems to forget about the 3-times-rule: Never do the same joke more than 3 times before it gets boring to the audience!
              And no matter how good Angelo Badalamenti is - you need more than just one track to make the audience react emotionally to a story!

And the fact that Iīm not one of those pseudointellectual "Peaks-Freaks" doesnīt mean that I like such action-crap like Transformers 2!

With my words about The X-Files and Lost I just wanted to show that I know pretty well what ingredients a MYSTERY-TV-show should have! I would NEVER say that ANYONE can call himself "highly-cultured" because he knows some TV-Shows well!

I just wanted to tell my first impressions of Twin Peaks and asked if someone could explain me the "mystery" behind it!

But Iīm sorry if I hurted some Lynch- or Remedy-fanboys!
              This is just my two cents on the matter. I think the acting is a bit over the top but I think that that's on purpose. In relation to Kyle Mc... How happy could you honestly be if you're working on the set of desperate housewives, I don't think that is the artistically stimulating environment you seem to think it is. And in terms of the story, "getting it" isn't really the important part, I like to view it as a series of moments. A lot of the scenes (especially the last episode) are absolutely amazing and I think that viewing it with x-files (big fan of that might I add) or Lost in mind will lead you away from what makes it good because these shows don't work the same at all.

As for the humor, I think that was on purpose too, it shows the dreariness of the town and it's people (with Cooper being an "honorary member" if you will") and I think it breaks the scenes up nicely, especially later on in the show.

And there is a lot of music in the show, I actually loved the music, it was kinda noire (if you'll excuse the term).

I've only just finished watching it for the first time recently and after talking to a lot of people I've come to the conclusion that you either like it or you don't. Again, it's not about getting it but more about whether or not it agrees with what you want out of a show.

P.S as a lynch fan, I'm not hurt.
              If it's hostile...

Comment

I just watched the pilot and episode 1 today, probably watch episode two later tonight. This is the first time i've seen them. I wanted to see this show that AW seems to pay so much homage too. The resemblance of the locations is uncanny.

Comment

Just a heads up for people living in the UK, who haven't had the opportunity to see the show (like myself!). The 'Horror Channel' is due to show both series of Twin Peaks and will be airing from the 8th November.

Comment

twin peaks was awesome. funny, i was just talking about this show the other day. tried to explain that kyle maclachlan was the star of the show and i got a double take of who and what from a friend. lol

Comment

Well this thread has been down for quite some time.

I have been watching Twin Peaks for months now. It took me quite some time as I have strong issues with sitting down and watching several episodes in one go,(regardless of what show) so I've seen about 2 episodes per week, usually on sunday mornings with my slippers on and with a mug of deep black joe, yeah. Now what I can say is that Twin Peaks is the most strange and wonderful experience I have ever had on television. I have already started watching it over again to try filling in on some missing bits. I also need to get my hands on Fire walk with me. Have anyone here seen it?

Comment

Originally posted by ADM View Post
                        It WAS good BUT!! it lost it's touch about half way through Season 2. It should of ended when they found out that that guy was .. that person.

I would say more but I want to limit the spoilers. Damn we need a spoiler tag (gets to work on it ).
                        Yea, I agree. When Dale Cooper was saying his goodbyes is when the show should of ended. I haven't watched the rest of season 2 for that reason, but I know what happens. Poor Cooper. ;(

Comment

Here's a tribute trailer that I just made for Twin Peaks. I used some the song from the Girl With the Dragon Tattoo teaser and some of my favorite Twin Peaks clips. I just watched the series for the first time. It was amazing and I had to do something for the 20th anniversary of this series. I'm uploading a higher quality version on Vimeo. But I've got a this one on youtube now. This is the first video that I've ever made, hopefully it won't be too awful. I also made a TV Spot for the mid-season finale. The identity of the killer is revealed! Be sure to watch the episode next Saturday!

Trailer
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zosJQz4MJf4

TV Spot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqdmyRpP7YA
                          Last edited by jriley0035; 12-04-2011, 05:12 AM. Reason: Added content.

Comment

Been getting shown on a few channels on sky but i keep missing them.
                            Team Yu
                            https://twitter.com/#!/TeamYuNeedsYOU
                            http://facebook.com/TeamYu

Comment

I found this a while back, and I'd say that quite a few people already know about this. But there's an awesome game based on Twin Peaks called 'Black Lodge 2600' and it's designed like an old Atari game. It's very well made and I've really enjoyed it!

http://jack.worlord.com/blacklodge2600/

Comment

Working...
                              X