Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James Cameron: Avatar

trailer coming out 7am PST

This is the movie thats going to have the best CGI ever seen in a movie...!!
    PSN ID: sHELLsHOCK619

Re: James Cameron: Avatar

I'm very much looking forward to this movie. I haven't heard much about it but I'm eager to see if it lives up to all the hype it's generated.

Comment

Just saw it, CGI looks awesome I Cant wait to see it in IMAX

Comment

Here it is guys (sry couldn't find YouTube link)

James Cameron's Avatar Trailer

Comment

Group me in with the very large number of people that arent really impressed. Some things looked really good but, the aliens are horrible. It looks like a cartoon. And they're primitive like, reminded me of 10,000 B.C. in a way. blah. This movie has some major flop potential. Not as great looking as it was cracked up to be.

Comment

Looks like a lot of fun, and a world you can lose yourself in, but this is most certainly not the game changer they've been hyping it to be. They were basically hyping photo realism. We can tell it's clearly animated.
            I hope for nothing. I fear nothing.

Comment

Ok just saw the trailer and I'm a bit dissapointed. I have to agree with M.O.T.H. on the alien designs as they look a bit too cartoony for a movie which is aiming to be photo realistic.

In any case the CG is great but not fantastic or something I haven't seen before.

I'll, of course, still go and see this but judging from that trailer (and the fact that the only reason I was interested in this movie was due to the hype) I'm not expecting much from the final film.

Comment

CG is not so incredible.

Story is love with sci-fi... well... i hope for James that 3D can help him.
                I love Killer7, Silent Hill 1, Max Payne, Shadow of the Colossus.Markus and Alan Wake...
                He was trying to buy more sand for his hour glass. I wasn't selling any

Comment

Trailer was bit of a dissapoinment. Aliens look like jar jar binks, but i still have to go see it.

Comment

I don't understand this agiotage about Avatar. I've read a lot of information about this movie, but I still don't understand the Avatar Cult. And many people have gone crazy before the trailer!

"avatar is cool", "Cameron is a god!". Blah, blah, blah. Avatar's trailer hasn't impressed me so much like this one.
                    Last edited by ALoNE; 08-24-2009, 10:54 AM.
                    the shadows rushed me, bruised mug-shot faces hungry for revenge. They knew my weak spots and closed in for the kill. Just a dream.

Comment

Avatar is meant to be viewed in 3-D IMAX, not 2-D on the Internet, and I saw the 15 min preview in IMAX And I was About to Faint.

Comment

Originally posted by JoYnEr View Post
                        Avatar is meant to be viewed in 3-D IMAX, not 2-D on the Internet, and I saw the 15 min preview in IMAX And I was About to Faint.
                        That is completely stupid. How many people are actually goingo to see the movie in 3D IMAX or even 3D? Not every theatre has 3D movies.

Comment

Originally posted by Matti1 View Post
                          That is completely stupid. How many people are actually goingo to see the movie in 3D IMAX or even 3D? Not every theatre has 3D movies.
                          why wouldnt you go see it in IMAX? Cameron directed the movie pretty much around IMAX so if you dont have IMAX it sucks,Plus IMAX enhances the experenice and as for theatres u guys need to upgrade lol

Note: Cameron pushed the Movie back until the holidays to allow more time for threatres to put in IMAX, so if your threatre doesnt have it yet, they should be installing it soon or not..

Comment

It really sucks that I can't see this movie in good 3D as it meant to be! It would definately be a great experience!
                            KATAKOMB - Upcoming horror game by me

Comment

I'm not going to completely disregard it yet, but it doesn't look too good at all.
                              "I dunno what's worse, rabid fanboy's or rabid anti-fanboy's, or in Zolleks avatar's case, rabid anti-dentites."-Raveness

Comment

Working...
                              X