Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Box

Trailer: http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/thebox/

You have got to watch that trailer. This is the new movie from Richard Kelly, the guy who made Donnie Darko.

Looks awesome.

Re: The Box

I read the script some time ago. Been looking forward to the movie for ages.
    Open up the broken cup
    Let goodly sin and sunshine in

Comment

Trailer was pretty good, looking forward to it, but I don't much care for Diaz's acting, hopefully she wont hurt the movie.
      "I dunno what's worse, rabid fanboy's or rabid anti-fanboy's, or in Zolleks avatar's case, rabid anti-dentites."-Raveness

Comment

Not a big fan of Cameron Diaz but the concept is interesting.

Comment

Donnie Darko is my favourite movie ever ever ever ever. So i'm watching the trailer right now!
          Sarah Breaker > Barry Wheeler. Yep, I went there!

Comment

Omgomgogmgomgo

Comment

Has anyone seen Southland Tales? 3 hours of pure beautiful nonsense.
              Open up the broken cup

Comment

No offense but you guys have a strange taste in movies. Nothing wrong with liking whatever but, ugh Richard Kelly is a hack who caught lightning in a bottle with Donnie Darko. Everything else he made has been horrid with Southland Tales heading the list. One of the worst movies I've ever seen, with one of the worst casts ever assembled, imo. Being a Darko fan I had a little hope when I heard about this movie last year but, then I saw the trailer and well that was that. It looks terrible. bleh.

Again though, this is just my opinion. Who am I to tell you what you can or cannot like? So dont get all mad at me. haha. I love my Alan Wake brethren.

Comment

Actually I agree, Southland Tales was atrocious but I still have faith in Richard Kelly and I'm hoping he'll deliver with The Box.

Donnie Darko is an amazing movie. Btw don't watch Donnie Darko 2.. terrible terrible movie

Comment

Originally posted by ADM View Post
                    Actually I agree, Southland Tales was atrocious but I still have faith in Richard Kelly and I'm hoping he'll deliver with The Box.

Donnie Darko is an amazing movie. Btw don't watch Donnie Darko 2.. terrible terrible movie
                    Wtf... Why the hell would there be a Donnie Darko 2?!???!!!!!!

What is the point? Donnie Darko finished perfectly.

Comment

Well exactly, there isn't a point. I guess Money was the point but since it didn't do well at all I doubt they got what they wanted.

The movie is called S. Darko:
                      http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1231277/

It focuses on Donnie's sister Samantha (actually is played by the same girl who played Sam in the original movie) and takes place a couple of years after the end (um.. start hehe) of Donnie Darko.

EDIT: And supposedly there's a third movie in the works as well!! http://www.worstpreviews.com/headlin...=13867&count=0

Comment

Yeah guys, seeing the S Darko trailer when it debuted gave me a terrible feeling in my stomach. I have no idea why it was made. And you cant even really blame Kelly for it because, he wasnt that involved with it. They just took from the world he created and pretty much tried their best to ruin it.

I'm not one of those people that thinks a sequel can ruin the movie that preceded it, though. But still...it didnt do Donnie Darko any justice.

Comment

Hmm, I loved Southland Tales. If only for its visuals. If you're going in expecting a movie about deep characters and with a good story, then it sucks, but if you want a movie with beautiful images and an unsettling atmosphere you might actually like it.
                          It's basically a slap in Hollywood's face. You should read some of the interviews Kelly gave about the movie. It really helps appreciate it.

And by the way: He only did those two movies. Okay, he wrote Domino but that doesn't really count.
                          Open up the broken cup

Comment

Just saw The Box. I absolutely loved it.
                            I've rarely seen a movie this unsettling and creepy. The soundtrack was fantastic.
                            Open up the broken cup

Comment

I remember when The Box was on Twilight Zone

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Button,..._Twilight_Zone)

It was great as a short creepy story, haven't seen the movie yet, but I struggle beleiving they can make this into an hour and a half thing from a 20 min short and not ruin the mystery.
                              AIM/GT: BxB402 "Super perfundo on the early eve of your day."

Comment

Working...
                              X