• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sidetwo
    started a topic The Box

The Box

Trailer: http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/thebox/

You have got to watch that trailer. This is the new movie from Richard Kelly, the guy who made Donnie Darko.

Looks awesome.

• M.O.T.H.
    replied
    Re: The Box

In fairness, I havent seen Avatar. Never had interest in it. I'll get back to you.

Leave a comment:

• yogibbear
    replied

Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
    OH MY GOD. I just saw this. Richard Kelly is a tremendous hack. This pile of garbage, is the worst movie I've seen all year. And probably in a few years. Horrible. Richard Kelly and M. Night have no business penning scripts anymore. Jesus.
    Come now, Avatar was the worst movie ever.

Leave a comment:

• M.O.T.H.
    replied

OH MY GOD. I just saw this. Richard Kelly is a tremendous hack. This pile of garbage, is the worst movie I've seen all year. And probably in a few years. Horrible. Richard Kelly and M. Night have no business penning scripts anymore. Jesus.
    Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 09-30-2010, 01:08 AM.

Leave a comment:

• pocketbannana
    replied

Originally posted by One Eyed Jack View Post
    Yeah, that's a great movie. Still like Eternal Sunshine better though.
    Haven't seen Eternal yet, but I like Michel Gondry's stuff.

Leave a comment:

• yogibbear
    replied

Yep The Box was better than I expected. After watching the movie show and seeing David like it but Margaret hate it I wasn't sure. But it was perfect. 8/10 for me. Good sci-fi/thriller.

Leave a comment:

• One Eyed Jack
    replied

Originally posted by pocketbannana View Post
    YOU SHOULD WATCH THE SCIENCE OF SLEEP. BEST. SHIT. EVER.
    Yeah, that's a great movie. Still like Eternal Sunshine better though.

Leave a comment:

• pocketbannana
    replied

Originally posted by morry View Post
    one of the only movies i have ever stopped watching during viewing. I thought my brain was going to explode - everything just did not make any logical sense.
    aaaaaaaaaaaa

YOU SHOULD WATCH THE SCIENCE OF SLEEP. BEST. SHIT. EVER.
    Last edited by pocketbannana; 01-06-2010, 09:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

• BxB402
    replied

Ya know...i've seen Southland Tales....but I can't recall a single thing about it aside from The Rock. From the sounds of it this may be a good thing.

Leave a comment:

• Morry
    replied

Originally posted by pocketbannana View Post
    Southland tales was kind of awesome, mostly because it was pure nonsensical bullshit and didn't care.
    One of the only movies I have ever stopped watching during viewing. I thought my brain was going to explode - everything just did not make any logical sense.

Leave a comment:

• pocketbannana
    replied

Yeesh. Donnie Darko is one of the most overrated movies ever. Southland tales was kind of awesome, mostly because it was pure nonsensical bullshit and didn't care.

OH, I think I saw this trailer before. Didn't know it was this dude directing again. I could go either way on this, but I will probably see it because I like James Marsden.

And Cameron Diaz is a fine actress!

Leave a comment:

• BxB402
    replied

I remember when The Box was on Twilight Zone

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Button,..._Twilight_Zone)

It was great as a short creepy story, haven't seen the movie yet, but I struggle beleiving they can make this into an hour and a half thing from a 20 min short and not ruin the mystery.

Leave a comment:

• One Eyed Jack
    replied

Just saw The Box. I absolutely loved it.
    I've rarely seen a movie this unsettling and creepy. The soundtrack was fantastic.

Leave a comment:

• One Eyed Jack
    replied

Hmm, I loved Southland Tales. If only for its visuals. If you're going in expecting a movie about deep characters and with a good story, then it sucks, but if you want a movie with beautiful images and an unsettling atmosphere you might actually like it.
    It's basically a slap in Hollywood's face. You should read some of the interviews Kelly gave about the movie. It really helps appreciate it.

And by the way: He only did those two movies. Okay, he wrote Domino but that doesn't really count.

Leave a comment:

• M.O.T.H.
    replied

Yeah guys, seeing the S Darko trailer when it debuted gave me a terrible feeling in my stomach. I have no idea why it was made. And you cant even really blame Kelly for it because, he wasnt that involved with it. They just took from the world he created and pretty much tried their best to ruin it.

I'm not one of those people that thinks a sequel can ruin the movie that preceded it, though. But still...it didnt do Donnie Darko any justice.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X