No announcement yet.

What movie/tv show did you last see?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What movie/tv show did you last see?

Was chatting to my mate. Realised they lived in a country where they couldn't import movies for a LONG period of time. Realised he hadn't seen 2001 a Space Odyssey. Freaked out. Made him watch it. We both marvelled at it being made in 1968 and looking better than some movies made today. (Was like the 50th time I've watched it).
    Sarah Breaker > Barry Wheeler. Yep, I went there!

Comment

Originally posted by yogibbear View Post
      Was chatting to my mate. Realised they lived in a country where they couldn't import movies for a LONG period of time. Realised he hadn't seen 2001 a Space Odyssey. Freaked out. Made him watch it. We both marvelled at it being made in 1968 and looking better than some movies made today. (Was like the 50th time I've watched it).
      That's an absolutely fantastic movie, and I'm constantly amazed that it's aged as well as it has, considering that it's a science fiction movie made in the 60s. I guess a big part of that is simply how realistically it depicts many aspects of space travel. With the obvious exception of HAL, the technology just doesn't seem far-fetched.
      Story Team Manager at Remedy. Like the occasional stupid remark? Follow me on Twitter: @MikkiRMD

Comment

My copy is personally signed by the two main actors

Me and "Dave" a few years back...
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Morry; 08-04-2011, 01:57 PM.
        Remedy's currently known projects:
        Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

Captain America: The First Avenger

It was excellent. Just really fun, funny with some great action sequences and great performances by everyone involved. But after the POW sequence, it unfolds a bit too quickly. It could've stood to be a little longer, by thirty minutes or so.
          "Do you know what your sin is?"
          "Oh hell, I'm a fan of all seven."

Comment

The Beaver

Good: Mel Gibson
            Bad: The whole movie from directing (Jodie Foster) to screenplay. the idea of movie is good but using if this idea is suck !
            When it's all dark...light is so precious, just like the darkness

Comment

Blitz. Not the best movie with Jason Statham, but it's quite good.
              If you are afraid of gaining weight - drink 2 glasses of vine before every meal. Alcohol kills fear...

Comment

Currently watching Game of Thrones - up to Episode 8 and so far I think it's... OH MY... HOLY ****... erm.. where was I? Yeah it's really f'n good.

Comment

Originally posted by ADM View Post
                  Currently watching Game of Thrones - up to Episode 8 and so far I think it's... OH MY... HOLY ****... erm.. where was I? Yeah it's really f'n good.
                  Whoa. Enjoy it much?

Yeah I like Game of Thrones. Obviously I'm not as drunk as ADM here, but it's a really good show. I haven't read the books though, so I can't compare - but people that has read the books have put in good words for it.
                  "So, where shouldn't I go so that I don't turn the power back on, accidentally?"

Comment

I watched Eraserhead and Dune for the n-th time yesterday.
                    Still like them after all these years.

I was thinking of watching Game of Thrones ever since an old acquaintance recommended it to me. I've only seen praise about it.
                    I hope it is as good as everyone makes it out to be.
                    "There's an old tale wrought with the mystery of Tom the Poet and his Muse and a magic lake, which gave a life to the words the Poet used.."

Comment

Going through the Mariachi series - El Mariachi, Desperado, Once upon a time in Mexico.

I wish they made more movies like Desperado these days. You can really see the influence that the Hollywood machine has on a director when they move from smaller scale film-making to larger mainstream titles. Once upon a time in Mexico is a good example of this - a sequel that was entirely unnecessary and had none of the character and style that was in Desperado.
                      Remedy's currently known projects:
                      Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

Apollo 13

Love that movie

Watch out. The gap in the door... It's a seperate reality... The only me is me... Are you sure the only you is you?

Comment

Originally posted by Kahr View Post
                          Whoa. Enjoy it much?

Yeah I like Game of Thrones. Obviously I'm not as drunk as ADM here, but it's a really good show. I haven't read the books though, so I can't compare - but people that has read the books have put in good words for it.
                          I haven't read the books either but I'm going to start now since I love the show and can't wait to find out more!

Comment

I wish I could find the time to read more books (I have quite a few on my list already that I need to read). I'd love to read the series, although it's not quite the usual style of fantasy I read, but it damn sure is interesting. If the TV show gets cancelled for any reason before they complete it (or it starts going way out of line like Legend of the Seeker did), I'll pick up the books.

I don't see why the TV series would get cancelled though. It's a damn good show.
                            "So, where shouldn't I go so that I don't turn the power back on, accidentally?"

Comment

Been watching through Breaking Bad. Heisenberg is so bad ass.

Comment

King of Queens Season 2.

Comment

Working...
                                X