No announcement yet.

What movie/tv show did you last see?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What movie/tv show did you last see?

No, the creator has explicitly stated that none of it is real- you can even search for 'Fortress' and others on Youtube, and none of them will exist.

But still. Pretty darn realistic, huh?
    <---Alan's OTHER Biggest Fan. Now with less 'hick'!

Comment

right now watching dexter season two again on dvd.
      man i just love this show, micheal hall is amazing, i liked him since six feet under.
      i love the dexter show and the books so much.
      "Reality is overrated."

Comment

Kitt - If I could "like" deleted posts, I would "like" that one. I look forward to the sequel!

Saw The Thing last night and was pleasantly surprised. Being a massive fan of John Carpenter's version, I didn't expect it to be able to match the same level of quality. However, it was still a great horror movie.

Story: A suitable prequel. The story flowed quite well, with a good mix of action, horror, suspense and intrigue. Like the first movie, suspense was played out quite well, to the point where you were unsure if characters were The Thing or not. They even had a few misleading parts thrown in for good measure. Fans of the original will spot decent efforts to ensure continuity e.g. Norwegian camp layout, deaths, final scene. The last shots during the end credits got me all giddy with nostalgia and I wanted to rush home and watch the first movie.

Cast: Well played by all. It was a good move not having too many known actors. The main character was treated just right - not a ditzy, screaming girl, and yet not trying hard to be the next Ripley.

Music: The score from Marco Beltrami was a bit too theatrical for the genre and should have been simplified or toned down a bit. Nothing beats the original Carpenter theme, which makes a few cameo spots throughout the score.

Effects: Creature effects were quite cool, though they suffered somewhat from being made in CG. The physical prosthetics for the original movie added a sense of realism, which was somewhat lacking in this movie. The incarnations of The Thing were interesting, however I was hoping they would make them more unique with each appearance, like the original.

Overall, quite acceptable as a prequel to the original movie, and thoroughly entertaining as a horror movie.
        7/10
        Remedy's currently known projects:
        Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

Finally bothered to watch Black Swan. 8/10. Pretty decent. Nothing too obscure for a hollywood flick, but better than 99% of what they produce.
          Sarah Breaker > Barry Wheeler. Yep, I went there!

Comment

8/10? You're going soft, Yogi. Or was it just the girl-on-girl action?
            Remedy's currently known projects:
            Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Morry View Post
              8/10? You're going soft, Yogi. Or was it just the girl-on-girl action?
              Wasn't real though. Anyway Natalie Portman is awesome. And it's the director who did Requiem for a Dream. So... I couldn't go lower than an 8. Soundtrack impressive, topic different to most things in the market.

Comment

Where the Truth Lies
                8.5/10

One of the few movies I could stand Kevin Bacon in. Noir whodunit. Extremely well cast.
                Last edited by yogibbear; 10-15-2011, 08:26 PM.

Comment

I watched Memories of Murder yesterday. It's so well done. Korean crime/drama/thriller...with actually a great deal of dark comedy. Directed by the same director of the Host. Bong Joon-Ho. I absolutely love his style, he uses a lot of the same camera techniques as he did the Host. Go see it. And as always, go with subtitles, not voice dubs.

Has a solid 88% on rottentomatoes and rightfully so.

Comment

Black Swan is a great movie. And no one in their right mind would call Darren Aronofsky a "Hollywood" director.

Comment

I watched Thor. I thought it was good. I'd say it was excellent for the first third or fourth of the movie, the opening sequences, the battle against the ice giants, his arrival on Earth and the awkwardness and humor that ensued after. It was very well done. But I think it lags near the middle and the end. It was still good, but I feel like it got worse as it went on. But not so much, that I didnt come away not liking it.

Hemsworth was fantastic. He was badass, cocky, and pretty freaking awkward on Earth. Great role for him.

Comment

For a superhero movie, Thor was more than decent. I liked it. First I felt like that putting an actor with such a status as Hopkins to the movie was going to make it feel hypocritical, but it turned out surprisingly well.
                        We are what we choose to be, not what we want to be

Comment

I watched Sucker Punch. What a mess.

And all those damn Bjork songs. Are you kidding me? Bleh.

Emily Browning as a blonde is ridiculous, at least. <3

Comment

Margin Call. Can't recommend it, really. I have master's degree in economics, so I was excited to see it. Average movie to be honest.
                            If you are afraid of gaining weight - drink 2 glasses of vine before every meal. Alcohol kills fear...

Comment

Dexter... Season 6. It is as good as ever. If not better.

Comment

I watched Source Code on Sunday. I really enjoyed it. The movie has a great story and I recommend it to everyone who likes action with a twist.
                                Alan Wake fanboy.

Comment

Working...
                                X