What movie/tv show did you last see?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What movie did you last see?

I saw the movie Serenity, which is more or less a wrap up to an AWESOME series called Firefuly, which was cut short.

Best. Movie. Ever. Hands down. It was bloody awesome. I wasn't bored one time during that movie. Every scene was useful and entertaining. In the past my favoire movie has been the Matrix and Serenity blows it so far out of the water, its not even funny.

Now here comes my plea:

Firefly was an awesome show. It has an awesome plot, awesome characters, awesome action, awesome spectial effects, just awesome everything. But nobody watched it. Nobody knew about it and it was cancelled before the first season was over for a bloddy American Idol special. It took me three years to find out about it and its a real shame.

However, there is a very loyal and strong fanbase (that I am now apart of) and Universal decided to go ahead and make a movie to wrap-up the series. The movie was budgited at 39$ million, which for a modren movie (made on 05) is chump change. Yet, the movie looks and feels like it had a 200$ million budget.

The movie made 38$ million at the box office, 1$ million less than what was needed to break even. I beg of you to PLEASE buy the series DVDs and the movie. Their cheap and if you like Sci-Fi stuff, this will be, hands down, the best stuff you have ever watched. I'm asking you to go out on a limb, because there is still the chance that the series could be brought back, or another movie made (it was planned as a trilogy, but has an ending that can go eaither way).

PLEASE buy it. Its just so damn good and you will not be dissapointed. Its even replaced the mighty Enterprise-D as my avitar.
    Last edited by AlianAnt; 09-10-2006, 10:06 PM.
    <insert cool digital image here>

Comment

I already have it, and yes it is very good, both the movie and the series. Well worth the money. I'm not sure that I'd say it's better than the Matrices, but then I'm a bit of a fanboy where they're concerned. Both movie and series are devastatingly underated though.

When Firefly first emerged I actually stopped watching it half way through when I realized that they were going to cut it off. It wasn't until I got wind of a movie that I started again.

I've recently watched Silent Hill.

Comment

Saw V for Vendetta and The Inside Man.

V was pretty good.. normally hate politic style movies but this one had good pacing and a pretty good story (although a bit confusing at times). Worth the watch.

Inside Man kicked ass. Very well written.. nice twist at the end.

Comment

V- the comic was much better than the movie. I wish they'd leave Alan Moores stuff alone, 'cause they can't seem to get it right. Just look at V, League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, From Hell. Now they're making The Watchmen, and there's no way they are going to leave it the length it is (it's somewhat confusing to most people).

I just watched Godfather Part II again. It's still good.
          "But you've knocked afs off the top 3, which can only be a good thing." -Maddie

Comment

No doubt the comic was better, however the movie was still done really well. There are some things that can only really be done in written media and others which have more impact on the screen.

I'm glad you liked Inside Man, ADM, I really appreciated the style of that movie. Should have been way more popular than it was.

Ah and Godfather Part 2, another classic. My brother took the trilogy when he left home so i'll have to buy it some time.
            Remedy's currently known projects:
            Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

I saw Memento for the first time a few days ago, and it appeared to be a fantastic movie. I especially liked how the time goes backward by intervals of 5min: even though you see the end at the beginning, you have to wait till the end to understand what you saw at the beginning (<- woot, great sentence). It's really well-done, I loved it.

Comment

Great movie. Not so fun the second time around...

Just watched Night Listener. Not what I expected. And quite depressing...

Comment

Over the last few days I saw Ronin, Lock Stock..., In the Mood for Love, and 2046. Last night I saw Battle Royale again -- great film, but I'd forgotten just how disturbing it is.

Comment

Saw a bunch of movies this week.

The Lost Boys - Enjoyable 80s vampire movie
                    Interview with the Vampire - Classic vampire movie
                    Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure - One of my favourite films when I was a kid
                    Robocop 2 - A fair sequel, comic was better
                    Remedy's currently known projects:
                    Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

Izzat. It's a Norwegian sort of gangster movie, themeing foreigners and drug trafficing. Quite good, and it really gets you thinking too. One of the better movies to come out of Norway.
                      "So, where shouldn't I go so that I don't turn the power back on, accidentally?"

Comment

I've recently watched V for Vendetta, which I thought was great - I have to read the graphical novel now. And I also saw Insomnia, the american version, not the norwegan version, which is another great film with the incredible Al Pacino as the lead.

Comment

Jeepers Creepers 1 and 2 were on TV the past couple of days. The first one seemed ok until you realised that the bad guy was actually some kind of monster/alien thing, then the film got pretty crappy.
                          The second didn't seem to take its self too seriously, so I quite enjoyed it. Not brilliant, but a pretty fun watch.

Comment

Yeah, the first Jeeper Creepers had a good thing going until you noticed what the "thing" was. And, like you said, the second one was a fun watch.
                            "So, where shouldn't I go so that I don't turn the power back on, accidentally?"

Comment

Oh, I hated the first one but the second one was surprisingly good.

Comment

Just saw Fearless at the theatres. Not bad, but a little too goofy at the beginning, so that when the shit hits the fan, it's such a change of pace it can disorient viewers.

Also picked up Lucky Number Slevin on DVD. I like a solid caper movie
                                Mirrors are more fun than Television

Comment

Working...
                                X