What movie/tv show did you last see?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What movie did you last see?

Saw Uro, a Norwegian movie. It was good entertainment, and an all together nice movie, but it reminds me a lot of the likes of it (Norwegian predecessors like Uno and Izzat). They ought to try something new, like they did with Fritt Vilt, a Norwegian horror-type movie. It was awesome, more than I expected from a Norwegian movie. They're getting there, to the point where they make great movies, but they should stop doing the same ol' over and over.
    "So, where shouldn't I go so that I don't turn the power back on, accidentally?"

Comment

Just saw Memento - very cool film.

Also watched Ghostbusters, Charade, and North by Northwest this week.

Comment

I saw Green Street Hooligans and Lord of War this week, both pretty amazing movies.

Comment

I watched The Children of Men. It's not as good as the book, movies seldom are, but I thought it was quite a powerful film; I can actually see 2027 being like that too. :0)
          If only *you* could see what *I've* seen with your eyes. ;)

Comment

Hey me too, saw it Thursday night. I haven't read the book, but my mom is a fan of PD James murder mysteries. It felt as you say, that there is more in the book, and the movie never really explained anything, it felt content simply displaying it's dystopic nature.

I wonder if there is an underlying conspiracy to the infertility of the globe. You could have someone in a critical position of power, ex. Bob Page, spreading a nanovirus to prevent procreation, then deciding who gets to procreate.
            Mirrors are more fun than Television

Comment

The book does elaborate vastly upon both political and scientific aspects of the story, I won’t say too much because I don't want to spoil the movie for the others, though it's not difficult to see the reason behind having to drop most of the material. It must have been quite a shock for your mum because it's somewhat of a divergence from P. D. James' usual palette; my grandfather liked it too, despite it's difference, and he's an avid fan of hers.

I would have preferred if the movie had been a little more descriptive over the scientific side of the story. However, when I saw Chiwetel Ejiofor (Yeah, I had to look that up), my first thought was "Target the Fishes. Target the politicians, target everyone!! Somebody fire!!!!"
              If only *you* could see what *I've* seen with your eyes. ;)

Comment

• What movie did you last see?

The last movie i saw was that wierd wes craven movie, Pulse. actually enjoyed it, he always has such original story lines..

Comment

Yeah I saw Pulse a week or so ago now. It was interesting and a bit enjoyable but I would definitely say it was weird.

Now a great movie I saw recently was The Chumscrubber (as those who have seen it can tell by my avatar).

AWESOME film.. weird but very cool. There was a cooly byline that a reviewer wrote for the movie which sums it up quite nicely:

Donnie Darko meets Desperate Housewives.

It was a cool look at a wacky suburban town.

Comment

Saw Over The Hedge. Though it's kinda just wrapping the same box in different paper, it was a fun watch. I liked the over-hyperactive squirrel.
                    "So, where shouldn't I go so that I don't turn the power back on, accidentally?"

Comment

Watch The Good Shepherd last night and somehow managed to stay awake. Sure, the acting was all fine and dandy, but the film just lacks the kind of suspense or intrigue you would expect from a film about the CIA. There were just too many subplots running around and characters dropping in and out to make any real sense of the whole thing. A documentary on National Geographic would have given me a more exciting view of the first days of the CIA.
                      If you want a good CIA movie, stick with Spy Game.
                      Remedy's currently known projects:
                      Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

Breach, which technically was a decent spygame thriller, but it still left a taste in your mouth like you were watching people doing their day jobs.
                        Mirrors are more fun than Television

Comment

One of my all-time favourites: Aliens

Comment

My favourite movie at the moment - Bubba Ho-tep. If you haven't seen it, get down to the video store right now!
                            Also bought The Evil Dead off Ebay the other day. My god! It was one of the goriest movies I've ever seen, I loved it haha.
                            Remedy's currently known projects:
                            Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

Just went out and saw 300, which is about 300 Spartian warriors vs a million man Persian amry. It takes A LOT of liberty with respect to historical accurecy on the battle, but it was a FRICKIN' AWESOME movie. If you're an action fan, you have GOT to go see 300.
                              <insert cool digital image here>

Comment

I watched "A Scanner Darkly" yesterday, and really loved it. It's very true to the book and the visual style is awesome. Although I don't know how I would have reacted without the book in mind.

Comment

Working...
                                X