What movie/tv show did you last see?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What movie did you last see?

Has anyone seen The Illusionist yet? I have .. umm.. "obtained" it and yet to see it

Comment

Originally posted by ADM View Post
      Has anyone seen The Illusionist yet? I have .. umm.. "obtained" it and yet to see it
      I was biased after seeing The Prestige a few months ago (clearly better), though the Illusionist is still a very good film in itself. The one downside I could clearly identify was that all of the resolution was in the last 10 minutes of the film, whereas the Prestige gradually unraveled the story.
      I watched "A Scanner Darkly" yesterday, and really loved it. It's very true to the book and the visual style is awesome. Although I don't know how I would have reacted without the book in mind.
      I watched the film without reading the novel and it was a real mind bender. There were plenty of theories and dialogues that needed a lot of concentration to understand. While the artistic style of the film was interesting to view, the film itself is probably something more suited to a novel, where more explanation can be provided.
      Last edited by Morry; 03-14-2007, 01:07 PM.
      Remedy's currently known projects:
      Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Morry View Post
        I watched the film without reading the novel and it was a real mind bender. There were plenty of theories and dialogues that needed a lot of concentration to understand. While the artistic style of the film was interesting to view, the film itself is probably something more suited to a novel, where more explanation can be provided.
        Well, the thing is: it was way easier for me to understand the movie plot than the one in the book. There actually is some explanation in the movie (i.e. some scenes by the end that reveal the intentions of some of the characters etc.) whereas the book, as far as I remember, was written from Arctor's point of view and left it up to the reader to find sense in all this.

Comment

300, and it was as good as it gets. Boy did they portray the Persians as a force of evil or what.
          Mirrors are more fun than Television

Comment

Yeah I just watched 300 as well.. wow. Must see movie.

Very stylish.

Comment

Saw "The Hills Have Eyes" just earlier. Man, that is one sick movie. Sick.

Gonna watch "Happy Feet" now.
              "So, where shouldn't I go so that I don't turn the power back on, accidentally?"

Comment

Originally posted by Kahr View Post
                Saw "The Hills Have Eyes" just earlier. Man, that is one sick movie. Sick.
                There's "The Hills Have Eyes 2" currently at the cinema. I just read that they showed the first part of the film in an US cinema instead of a film for childrens

I saw "Wild Hogs" (which is named "born to be wild" in Germany) some days ago. Funny one.
                Webmaster of Alan Wake Zone

Comment

Saw 300 the other night on IMAX and it was incredible. Not only were the battle sequences exhilarating, but the cinematography and the overall style of the film was fantastic. Even my fellow female film student thought it was great, which counts for something haha.

Hill Have Eyes...hmm. Its certainly up there as one of the more horrifying movies i've seen. Lots of sick and twisted scenes, plenty of blood and creepy mutants. Did a fairly good job of providing suspense throughout the movie.
                  Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

I don't know if I'd even want to see a sequel to such a sick movie.
                    "So, where shouldn't I go so that I don't turn the power back on, accidentally?"

Comment

I found the hills have eyes horrible. Not suspenseful or scary enough.

Comment

Just saw Grindhouse. Planet Terror was fun, but Death Proof dragged on too long withTarantino's obvious love of extremely long conversations of minutia.

The spoof trailers were the best, especially Werewolf women of the SS. Hobo with a Shotgun FTW!
                        Mirrors are more fun than Television

Comment

Just saw "Suicide Kings", and it's pretty good. A nice mix between Guy Ritchie's style and mystery movies. Like we say around here, it doesn't break three legs to a duck, but it was good alright.

Comment

Just saw Pirates of the Caribbean 3 and I'm giving it a big "Meh...".
                            Like the second film, this one didn't really entertain me as much as I would have liked from a good swashbuckling film.
                            For one, it was far too long and for no good reason. The scriptwriters could have easily dropped the Calypso portion of the storyline and saved the film almost an hour.
                            Secondly, nothing really changes. Its like watching a TV show where all the characters come back each episode despite something happening earlier like a death. All this talk about the pirate world coming to an end was all talk and no action.
                            Its a shame movies like this seem to get all the attention and rake in the money while more deserving movies get left behind as cult classics.
                            Quantum Break - 2016

Comment

Ahh well that's dissapointing but I did like the 2nd movie.

Comment

The Last King of Scotland: pretty good, I especially liked the escalade of tension on the whole movie.

Just before that I saw "Stay", and I loved it. Really my kind of movie.

Comment

Working...
                                X