• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What movie did you last see?

The sentinel.
    I thought it sucked.

Comment

John Carpenter's The Thing and David Lynch's Lost Highway.

Both were excellent, but I'm definitely going to have watch Lost Highway again at some point. Interestingly, one of the characters is named Alice Wakefield. Coincidence?

Comment

Watched American Psycho.

It was psychotic.
        "So, where shouldn't I go so that I don't turn the power back on, accidentally?"

Comment

Space Cowboys........not that special.
          If you have a problem with someone, that is in fact your problem. Not theirs. Have you ever thought about that?

Comment

Caught a tv movie by John Carpenter called Cigarette Burns, which was part of a tv series called masters of horror. Was pretty entertaining - about this guy hired to track down an elusive film that's assumed to be out of print that allegedly drives its audience to a violent frenzy upon viewing. The plot was quite similar to The Ninth Gate with Johnny Depp, but had its own merits.

Like the Ninth Gate, the best part for me was the investigation and hunt for the mysterious film (which seems to have supernatural powers), not the actual resolution, which I found a bit over the top (and quite gory*).

*Spoiler:

Also saw Tomb Raider a few days ago... because it was on... and I'm currently playing the game. Not the worst game-to-film adaption (hard to choose between Maro Bros, Streetfighter and MK:Annihilation) and it at least captures some of the spirit of the game. It's also kind of cool that Crystal Dynamics based the Legend Manor exactly like the film version.

But what is it about video game movies and their need to end on a cheesy action pose freeze-frame?

Comment

Live Free or Die Hard. My favorite movie in years. It's what action movies should model themselves after. It was just constant action, and it was always pitting John in some crazy new scenario that would most definitely end in his death. But hes John McLane. And John McLane doesn't die.
              <insert cool digital image here>

Comment

I watched Manhunter and then Blue Velvet last night. Dark, but highly recommended.

Comment

I watched Reservoir Dogs... At first I thought the telling was very bad. But later I found it very interesting.
                  "All a soldier needs is his rifle, his ammunition and his tea"
                  Winston Churchill

Comment

Live Free or Die Hard. Now I'm a rabid old-school Die hard fan, so the 4th installment was not a good 'Die Hard' movie, but I couldn't say it wasn't a good movie overall.

One thing it sorely missed as well was the zippy dialog, the one-liners.

There were several oppurtunities for good ones that McClane missed. He seemed more content saying sighing or breathing heavily in triumph.

Why didn't he say something about being "terminated" after the T800 figure fell on the Delete key and blew up the terrorists in the apartment?

Why didn't he mention anything about his love/hate relation with elevators during that whole Maggie Q/SUV in the shaft scene?

Why wasn't their some off-hand remarks about the French?

Why didn't he say "More FBI guys" when they presented agent Johnson?

Of the remarks he did make, why wasn't their more quality placement of the F word?

Olyphant was definitively the worst villain to bounce back-and-forth walkie-talkie banter with. Rickman, Sadler, Irons, all easily more comfortable and better with their lines and adlibs.
                    Mirrors are more fun than Television

Comment

Hitchcock's Psycho - great film, can't believe it's taken me this long to get around to watching it.

Comment

Found a movie called Prey. Sucks! The acting is actually not ..horrible, but the story and effects and...just about everything. I mean; come on!
                        If you have a problem with someone, that is in fact your problem. Not theirs. Have you ever thought about that?

Comment

Spoorloos AKA The Vanishing.
                          I was bought this,because i was heard that,it's ending is very frightening.
                          Well,it wasn't so frightening what i expect,but still i like it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096163/
                          Last edited by remade; 07-27-2007, 05:05 PM.
                          Bright Falls: There must be some kind of way out of here.

Comment

Assassins - Banderas was great in this - the same kind of loose gunfighting you see in Desperado. According to IMDB, it was written by the Wachowskis.

Comment

Went to see David Lynch's INLAND EMPIRE. It must've been one of the greatest pieces I've seen... Still in awe!

Comment

Originally posted by LeonBlank View Post
                                Went to see David Lynch's INLAND EMPIRE. It must've been one of the greatest pieces I've seen... Still in awe!
                                It's a masterpiece, thats for sure.
                                I'm a big lynch fan myself, but after seeing that two times I still don't quite get it.

Waiting for the DVD release

Comment

Working...
                                X